Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

The Bahraini Thread Of Bahraini Posts On The Bahraini Race And Such

Really like the turn of Speed that Rosberg is showing especially now that we can say "Here's a car they both had input into". I cant shake the feeling that if Alonso or Raikkonen were in the other Mercedes Lewis would've most likely ended up second. Then again, Nico's probably learning to fight at the front which the other three have been doing for years. Hopefully , he'll show more testicular fortitude in the future, not that it was lacking much, but to paraphrase Mats Wilanders comparison of Federer and Nadal - Rosbergs seemed to shrink , just a little bit.

Earth to Ferrari: you are pathetic.

Well, at least one person at Ferrari was overjoyed.

What? Aldo Costa does not work for Ferrari anymore???

Really like the turn of Speed that Rosberg is showing especially now that we can say "Here's a car they both had input into". I cant shake the feeling that if Alonso or Raikkonen were in the other Mercedes Lewis would've most likely ended up second. Then again, Nico's probably learning to fight at the front which the other three have been doing for years. Hopefully , he'll show more testicular fortitude in the future, not that it was lacking much, but to paraphrase Mats Wilanders comparison of Federer and Nadal - Rosbergs seemed to shrink , just a little bit.

I wonder. Both Hamilton and Rosberg are a bit of an unknown, each for his own reasons. We'll see what happens.

Well, at least one person at Ferrari was overjoyed.

What? Aldo Costa does not work for Ferrari anymore???

Take Schumacher out and Ferrari has produced nothing but intense itching in the perianal area since 1979.

Ferrari is the hemorrhoid in F1 history.

Edit: whaaaat!!

Bahrain is certainly more appealing as a night race.

Hamilton finishing ahead of Rosberg when he was actually slower said more about Hamilton than Rosberg. Hamilton's racecraft is just much better, in terms of car positioning and tactics. It's not that Rosberg is bad, it's that Hamilton is one of the best ever in that regard and I think a lot of drivers wouldn't have got by him. One of Hammy's best races and an important psychological victory. He won't always be able to win on speed against Rosberg, but if you can win on racecraft/strategy sometimes, that surely helps.

Other than that:

Hulkenberg is always very impressive and seems to have realised the promise he showed in lower categories. Watching drivers like Alonso and Kimi fight so hard and finish so far down is quite painful, actually. At least Vettel can be optimistic that Red Bull will move forward, something it's really hard to see Ferrari doing.

Re: Maldonado - the guy does not use his brain and that's been a problem on several occasions, even in practice sessions.

The rest? I can't remember. Great race.

Oh, I like the circuit as well, the problem is that the racing usually is not on par with the circuit's capabilities of delivering good racing,....

Might want to re-think that one...

It was exciting, it was also almost autistic as every car was racing against his teammate more than against other cars (except for the Williams vs FI battle).

Thanks to that, it also showed some interesting things about some drivers, for example: Bottas might be ballsy, might be quick, but does not know how to overtake. Ditto for Rosberg, BTW, he was beaten by Lewis when the race was Nico's to lose merely due to Lewis' superior racecraft, and Nico is no rookie. Bottas seems to confuse "getting the car ahead of my competitor" with "making the overtaking manoeuvre actually stick" and got trumped again, and again. Ricciardo was another guy that seemed quite feisty, but not too effective when it mattered. Kimi gave him a hard time in that abysmal Ferrari which by then was overtaken even by some GP2 backmarkers again, thanks to Kimi's superior racecraft. And then Seb made him sweat in an RBR that took an arrow to the knee. He was still impressive, nonetheless.

Massa was flattered by Bottas' lack of experience, btw. When pressured by Bottas the guy was awful, car all over the place, more likely to cause a collision than keeping the place. Good for him and his ego boost, but as a driver he is hopeless.

Perez over Hulkenberg? That's a surprise. That one is perhaps the most interesting battle of them all atm. Hulkenberg was again impressive, so kudos to Sergio for being even more impressive.

Ferrari...what can I say? To motivate his drivers, he has made them watch the entire race again but playing it backwards: "Wow guys, look how many cars you overtook! Good work!" To have the best driver and the best drinker in F1 racing in a red coloured HRT is such a waste...

McLaren...who? Button was doing great. No, seriously.

Everybody else: nothing. Well, Lotus brought a car home, and tested the nose design as a weapon with amazing effects. Chilton has no DNF yet and the Toro Russia was far behind. Never saw Kamui but I think he finished the race at one moment or another. And Bianchi has become newest potential victim of Sutil's next glassing.

You've left me with nothing more to say except...Perez is better than the Hulk. I've said he had quality in his rookie year and it's nice to be right sometimes :)

No way Perez is better than Hulkenberg, if nico got that Mclaren drive, he would still be there,definatly would have won a race by now if situations went different, as for Perez, he needs the car to be on for him to excel, nico can drive anything fast and I think he has proven that time and time again.

Well, FP1 and Alonso topped the timesheets ahead of the Mercs. Is Mattiacci the best TP ever?

Kimi had problems with the car and set no time. Ricciardo 3rd ahead of Vettel. Rosberg 2nd ahead of Hamilton (with issues with his car as well). Maldonado comic relief of the session, losing the car while fiddling with the wheel controls.

A cold, grey day, yet Mattiacci wore dark sunglasses the whole session.

FP2 at 3 am my time. Not watching it. Goodnight

EDIT: Damn, wrong thread.

Bit of a shock to see fernando fastest tbh, good to see dan ahead of seb yet again.

Best race I've ever seen.

No way Perez is better than Hulkenberg, if nico got that Mclaren drive, he would still be there,definatly would have won a race by now if situations went different, as for Perez, he needs the car to be on for him to excel, nico can drive anything fast and I think he has proven that time and time again.

No one was winning a race in last year's McLaren, and no one is winning a race in this year's McLaren.

As a Pérez fan, I agree that Hülkenberg is the better driver. I also think Pérez is a lot better than he gets credit for, and I was just thrilled to see him pass Hülkenberg time and time again, and get on the podium even after his team's pit strategy cost him five spots on the first stop. Just great.

But the whole race was great. I really couldn't have cared who finished where. Just wonderful.

Don't get me wrong, I think Perez is an awesome driver, but I think nico is better.

Don't get me wrong, I think Perez is an awesome driver, but I think nico is better.

We agree.

I hope they battle like this more, though.

I have been increasingly impressed with Nico, after considering him overhyped because of some qualy in Brazil in chaotic conditions. With Pérez I went the other way, even if I still think that he wasn't so bad compared with Button.

Still, I am enjoying this year's (and last part of the previous year) battle between Nico and Nando. The rising star and the old fart. The new kid on the block and the consecrated world champion, er...the chucrut and the paella :unsure:

That said, I want Nando to win that battle, or Pérez. Because we already had multiple world champions from Germany these past years.

Also, Hitler.