Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Alonso To Mclaren: A Possibility Or Mere Mind Games?

I don't think it will happen and I think Macca is merely trying to make LdM nervous.

What do you think?

EDIT: Damn, apparently I can't insert tweets here. ANyways, there were two in the past week from McLaren. One posting a picture of Ron and Nando together (mentioning that Ron was smiling) and another one today with the picture of the McLaren/Nando win at Malaysia 2007.

I think it's hard to judge until mid-season. If Ferrari are still having a shocker, I wouldnt be surprised to see Alonso make the switch.

The downside (for me) being this would probably mean Button out, unless Magnussen can be farmed out for a couple of years on loan.

I did see those tweets as I follow mclaren on twitter but I dont make anything of them, They also quite often post pics of Hamilton winning for mclaren too.

We could see a junior Macca team next year, perhaps buying Marussia out and giving Vandoorne a go. With another experimental season ahead, they would be mad to let Button go. Honda would want him to stay too. I also think Ferrari are keeping an eye on Kyvat and Bottas - two seriously rapid monkeys.

I can't see Alonso spending years more at Ferrari at this rate. He came close a few years to winning the WDC, but this years car doesn't look too good, and with engine freezes, how can they honestly get better. A few aero tweaks ain't going to cut it.

Stefano's days are numbered I believe. You only had to see the look on Luca's face at Bahrain to see things are stressed there. Luca needs to entice Brawn to re-join Ferrari. How? Who knows, but I can see Brawn making Ferrari better. I cannot see Stefano doing the same. Whitmarsh isn't an option, he's not Ferrari material and Flavio has been too long out of F1. He'd be a disaster and no better than Stefano.

Who else is there to lead the team, unless they can entice Horner, and maybe even Newey to their team? But one thing is for sure, Ferrari are going to continue to go absolutely nowhere with Stefano at the helm.

I actually see him opting not to race for Ferrari after a couple of races in 2014,,, probably why montezemolo had a meeting with him in bahrain,,, to calm him down an not leave this soon....

> he may follow Massa to williams out of not being able to digest the fact that - massa is faster than him,, in a williams!! But they may not prove to be good at developing the car after mid season..

> or go to force india to have a better car to fight with and besides hulk... force india... why not!! a team with high potential but limited resources..

> or maybe he can trick vettle in believing how much fun it is to wear and sit and be surrounded in red and switch places with him... interesting.. but Mr newey uses a special glue on the seats of a RB which could keep vettle there..

,,, i can imagine a few more probabilities

Ferrari will not be able to make the car competitive this year or for a few more years to come by the looks of it.. He has raced a renault a mercedes, and a ferrari engine in his career ... I guess i would like to see him race a honda too... lets see, now who has a honda engine next year....

Yeah I don't know, I think Ferrari will sort it, they have to, they have definatly got the ingredients in terms of two high class experienced, world champion drivers. Kimi will make an improvement to the car, afterall he did with the lotus. I think they will be right and fernando knows aswell, he is just trying to cement his order and position before kimi does, once the car is quick.

He wasted his prime at ING-era Renault (not saying he really had anywhere else to go), and then had the misfortune of racing in the most competitive era of Formula One ever. Thankfully, he and Schumacher gave us one of the all-time great seasons in 2006, and he and Vettel did that same thing in 2012.

If he goes back to McLaren, he's trying to relive the era in which he should've remained on top of the world in F1. Believe me, you can never go back.

I figure his career ends with Ferrari, and, wherever it ends, without another championship. Rightfully or wrongfully. He won't again land in the best car unless he lasts long enough for another rules shakeup, and there are so many good drivers now in the better cars that even a miracle season from a driver cannot lift a team to a championship. The guys in the other cars, even just 0.001 seconds better, are so good that they will not squander that. The depth of this field is phenomenal, and it is depth that prevented Alonso from being a many-time WDC. It's depth that's been doing that to Hamilton. The fact Vettel's won four in an era in which the rules were designed so no one could dominate, and in an era in which so many World Champions and GP winners are racing each week, wow. Wow! Alonso's almost-championships would've been WDCs in another time.

Yeah I agree with most of your post but you failed to mention Vettel's dominance was massively helped by such a fast and grippy Redbull, that can't be denied. As for alonso, I agree he won't leave Ferrari and the age of drivers coming in and how early there being succesful, age is a massive thing now.