Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Peoples Grand Prix Of Asphalt Dragons As Won By (Drivers Name Here) Driving For Mercedes

So, Mercedes are going to win yet again.

The only question is Nico or Hamilton?

I mean, is there ANYthing else to discuss regarding this race? Did y'all forget it was on?

Anyways...er...discuss...

Oh I know...who is going to qualify in 6th?

And will Massa be slower than Bottas...again...?

I think Rosberg this time. Unless I'm remembering very badly, Rosberg won this race last year? And he had the pace to beat Lewis last time out. Let's just hope we get another epic fight like last time.

Who will qualify 6th? Vettel.

Who will fill the final podium place? Well with the super-long straight it will be someone who has a merc engine. I'll go for Button (optimism!)

You are remembering very well. Nico was hooked up and untouchable all weekend long.

Vettel sixth could be highly likely....but will Danny be 5th? (Ricardo, not Kvyatt)

Final podium...hmmmm....I'm thinking a Williams if they can get the tyre strategy right.

Sorry, I am too busy trying to remember the face of whatshisname the new TP for Ferrari, as the race starts at 3 am my time and I don't want to turn on the TV, see his face and say "damn, that's not someone from F1, they are obviously not broadcasting the race" and go to bed.

EDIT: Alonso for fifth!

Ironically, the Mercs have such an advantage - that they could still win with another power train on board. Hopefully RB and Ferrari will lodge a protest a the colour SILVER is too reflective and therefore illegal. Hence, merc will be disqualified and we can have a competition again !!

Hammy for the win (he's pumped right now). Button 6th (assuming others have issues).

Sorry, I am too busy trying to remember the face of whatshisname the new TP for Ferrari, as the race starts at 3 am my time and I don't want to turn on the TV, see his face and say "damn, that's not someone from F1, they are obviously not broadcasting the race" and go to bed.

laugh.png

Merc again, can't decide who, but I hope ricciardo gets on the podium again after the latest state of affairs. The question on my mind now, has dan got the ability to push seb harder than mark? Or is it still to early to tell? Did you Beleive seb when he said he couldn't do anything about dan overtaking him? Seems to me seb doesn't care as long as mark isn't overtaking him. Just my opinion.

Merc again, can't decide who, but I hope ricciardo gets on the podium again after the latest state of affairs. The question on my mind now, has dan got the ability to push seb harder than mark? Or is it still to early to tell? Did you Beleive seb when he said he couldn't do anything about dan overtaking him? Seems to me seb doesn't care as long as mark isn't overtaking him. Just my opinion.

Noway man Seb would defend like hell against anyone, not just Mark. But it's all about tyres these days, in Bahrain he genuinely couldnt do anything about Dan passing him, would've been pointless weaving about. I would never believe Seb doesn't care about being overtaken, the boy is ruthless.

In 09-10 Mark pushed Seb just fine, in fact had the better of Seb on several occasions. But on current evidence it does appear Dan is filling Mark's shoes quite nicely. It's just a shame that those shoes have some kind of witch-spell placed on them.

Lol yep, darn that dreaded curse, iam yet to figure out if its an all out Aussie curse or just mark webber, but at this stage, mark seems to have put a hex on that number two seat.

Makes me wonder how is his Porsche career getting on?

I guess all Aussies are a bit unlucky in that they are blessed/cursed with that accent eekout.gif

Makes me wonder how is his Porsche career getting on?

I guess all Aussies are a bit unlucky in that they are blessed/cursed with that accent eekout.gif

Hey come on, not as bad as a kiwi bro, hey cuzzy?

You're not wrong. The kiwi accent to us poms sounds like an aussie accent but exaggerated.

So a kiwi pronounces 'tin' and 'ten' the same. Ten tins of beans would be tin tins of beans. However do they get by lol.

Could always be worse anyway. Could have a welsh accent.

You're not wrong. The kiwi accent to us poms sounds like an aussie accent but exaggerated.

So a kiwi pronounces 'tin' and 'ten' the same. Ten tins of beans would be tin tins of beans. However do they get by lol.

Could always be worse anyway. Could have a welsh accent.

Or sound like Jeremy clarkson.

Or sound like Jeremy clarkson.

Now to me, Jeremy Clarkson doesn't really have an accent (just neutral english)

Maybe not but he looks like beano created a real life Dennis the menace 30yrs ago and now this is all he can get for work. Or the original Greg Bradey was a pom.

Not bad work though is it! Wouldn't mind presenting Top Gear. He also has 'written' a load of books, and is a newspaper columnist.

Check out this pic of him when he was a little girl.

jezza.htm

Ohh my word, that's, that's, yeah. What on, iam speechless bet he could run fast, escaping the every day beating he would get.

The obvious difference between Ricci and Webber is attitude. And Ricci is made of the right stuff. It's not all been bad luck to him, Vettel has had his fair share too. I have no problems with Ricci coming in ahead of Vettel at the moment, and I also like that Vettel isn't sulking about and is still trying his best. Both deserve praise in my view. The irony isn't lost on me that with regards to Alsono, he's always the brave matador, the brave gladiator pulling around a bomb of a car, yet Vettel is apparently a total failure for being at the front end of the lackluster Renault crew. In pre season testing it was all about how Vettel was going to have to show in some peoples minds just how good he is. And for me he's done better than any Renault cars deserve to be doing at the moment and only second to Ricci at present. And no one cares to revise their view, or admit they jumped the gun. Whatever. F1 has in only a few races become very boring for me. Maybe once the Euro legs kick in with Barca and Monaco I can get excited, but right now I'd rather enjoy some extra sleep time.

Man, is there something you are not bitter about? Even that guy Apples managed to make some non-bitching posts recently.

You should try that. Or get more fanny/male sausage/both.

So, second practice finished. Maldonado crashed again...at the pitstop entrance. I usually defend the guy (I don't even think he was so bad in his last crash against Gutieerez) but...geez...

Mercedes back on form in 1st and 3 place. Lewis at the top this time despite a late start. Alonso 2nd (yes, Mattiacci is the best TP ever...and he managed to do that in a couple of hours and wearing sunglasses!), Kimi was 7th, despite missing FP1 so maybe the Ferraris will stay in front of the Marussias this time! Yay!

RBR took 4th and 5th (Dan again on top). Vettel mentioned that Ricciardo has found things about the car that he (Seb) couldn't. So that's some gome good sportmanship from the German.

Massa 6th, then Kimi, Button (had the upper hand on Mag this weekend so far) and Romain. Despite Pastor's antics, the Lotus seems to have improved. I think they finally got the latest engine spec from Renault. I hope so. Where are the Force Indias?

[color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
In case someone is wondering about race pace, here are the average times, which look more familiar:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
ROS 1:43.750
HAM 1:43.757[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
VET 1:44.380[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
RIC 1:44.407[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
HUL 1:44.569[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
ALO 1:44.660
PER 1:44.674[/size][/font][/color][color=#1C1C1C][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]
MAS 1:44.694
BOT 1:45.325
[/size][/font][/color]

Are we going to have tire degradation here, like we did in Bahrain (the reason that was such a good race)? I don't mind if we do or don't; I watch and enjoy it whatever the style is. But I like to know what to expect.

Thanks for the average times, Quiet One. I like that calculation. I've never seen it before in F1. Only in NASCAR, the leader in mathematics. :P

RE: Maldonado, I thought the wreck in Bahrain was 100% Gutiérrez. I'm not sympathetic to people who leave the door wide open, then slam it shut either intentionally or out of their own lack of awareness, mostly because when I raced karts, a lapped driver did it to me, spun off my nose, and I got in trouble for having the audacity to be on the inside of someone tooting at many seconds/lap off the pace. Oh, how it left me a broken person living in the most abject of all conditions! :P

But seriously, I suspect the Lotus is not easy to drive, and I think people sometimes forget that in racing, both F1 and NASCAR. I always hear about these drivers in dreadfully off-the-pace teams being "bad" for spinning or wrecking a lot, but a bad car can make a driver "bad" just the same way a good driver can make a car "good." The car is likely so slow because it handles terribly, and cars that handle terribly are ones that get wrecked by drivers trying to get a lot out of it.

So, Maldonado is at fault for pushing too hard. He's being greedy in a car with nothing left to give. But Lotus is at fault for having a car that I suspect warrants the witnessing of miracles every time it makes a corner.

But then if we fault Maldonado too much, we must celebrate Chilton as our future WDC, as he is just so steady in a terrible car. And he's probably steady because he isn't pushing. And he isn't pushing because he'll never be a WDC. Oh, how complex it is. He could win tenth in the WCC for Marussia, though, so good for Max. Bianchi has been a disaster since his wonderful first three Grands Prix. Chilton forever.

I was happy to see Giedo van der Garde set a solid time in the Sauber, by the way. He and Pic were my favorite teammates. Bring them back, please.

Pic, yes. VDG, nope. Although both have some of t he best names around. My Pic beats your Speed :P And Giedo Van Der Garde...I don't know why but I can't stop saying it. Giedo van der Garde.

Other than that, is nice that so many interesting battles are going on up and down the field. HAM/ROS, HUL/PER, MAS/BOT, RIC/VET, BUT/MAG and hopefully sooner than later ALO/RAI. Not common to see teammates so close to each other.

Giedo Van Der Garde.