Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

How Do They Get Away With This?

Er...what do you think the "Martini" bit in the Williams Martini means? And that jolly Johnnie chap on the McLarens (not sure if the logo is still around, but the partnrship is still there). Oh, and Tequila Cuervo in the Saubers, no, that's not the name of a pharmaceutical laboratory either.

BTW, I heard that since FI announced their partnership with Smirnoff, Kimi called Luca and told him he wants out. tongue.png

EDIT: other than that, I agree that alochol has probably killed more drivers than tobacco. Ban both or ban neither. Just banning one of them makes no sense.

Yeah iam aware of those cars mate iam not that stupid lol, that's my point but, how can you ban one extreme that has proven to affect health and yet another that like you said is worse and goes unnoticed like wtf?

Well, I must be stupid because until you mentioned it, I never stopped to think about it.

No your not stupid bro, your one of the most knowledgable people I've met over our beloved sport, but you can see what I mean can't you? Until the public kicks up a stink like the did about ciggies, they'll keep them on the cars.

You sit next to a smoker and breathe in his/her exhaled poisons and you get lung cancer.

You sit next to a drinker and, well, nothing much happens.

You drive next to a smoker, he/she flicks his/her ciggie butt out the window, it floats in the airstream and flies back through your open rear window where it rests on your shopping on the back seat, smouldering until it catches alight, and burns your car to the rims.

You drive next to a drinker and take them home safe and sound. Bloody legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA&list=PL5825E7CC81DC14E3

PS Monique thinks Andres' dumb.....spacehead...

And how many families have been distroyed by drunk drivers on the road? I've suffered maybe you haven't, yes tobacco is bad, but I can't sit here a hear people say it worse than alcohol when scientific tests proove alcohol is far worse and affects far many more individuals than just the one consuming it. In future you might need to drive with the windows up. I'd rather do that than have a drunk tool cross the wrong side of the road and kill me, like they did my cousin, or t-bone your car and makes you a paraplegic like my best mate. Even marijuana is no where near as bad, you show me stats on drug drivers killing motorists compared to alcohol. Can guarantee you its nothing compared to alcohol.

Good video though. Funny but good at the same time.

There are three points I want to make:

1. I do not know the tobacco advertising laws of every country. I only know them in the U. S. In the U. S., tobacco companies cannot advertise the way they used to not because it is "unhealthy" or "bad for you," but because the advertisements deliberately hid this fact, sometimes even lied about it, and targeted children, among other things. In other words, it was not them saying "tobacco is bad, people won't do it if we stop advertising." It was, "the tobacco companies abused their privilege to advertise, we are punishing them by taking it away."

That may not be the case in Europe etc., though, and if so the point is irrelevant. But if the ban is more punitive and protecting society from misinformation/targeting minors than it is protecting society from tobacco, that is why they did not sanction the alcohol companies.

2. Drinking and driving is horrible. So, too, is texting while driving, or using your phone. Should Telmex/Telcel be allowed to sponsor Checo and Esteban? Vodafone on McLaren and Ferrari years prior? AT&T now sponsors Red Bull (coincidentally, AT&T also sponsor Jaguar back in the day).

You'll probably say no. Cell phone providers should be allowed to advertise even though a high, high rate of people of are doing a really horrible, unethical, gutless thing with cell phones. I see far more distracted-by-their-phones drivers who are doing 20 mph under the speed limit and crossing over the lines in their lanes before putting it down, speeding up, then suddenly slowing to take a text...I see it every day, people of all ages. It is a big issue. A British Touring Car driver just got sent to prison for killing a cyclist with his van; the driver was using his mobile.

So, does that differ from alcohol? You can do a really horrible, unethical, gutless thing with alcohol and choose to drive. Or, you can enjoy it responsibly.

Same with cell phone use, to me, with the one difference that alcohol impairs your judgment and thus may make you more apt to make that bad decision...but then cell phones are rotting your brain and therefore your judgment. ;)

3. How is Smirnoff sponsoring a team owned in part by Vijay Mallya of rival United Breweries Group?! :lol:

Good point Massa so in your theory your basically saying, how long is a piece of string? You can go on forever in this state if mind I guess, so your right there.

Force India F1 has Smirnoff, Royal Challenge Premium Whiskey, United Breweries Limited/Beer and Kingfisher beer as their sponsors.

They should rename it as Force Alcohol F1 !

Yeah FORCE in capitals aswell as that's what there basically doing, forcing you.

Force India announces sponsorship deal with vodka brand "Smirnoff". Now can someone tell me why this is any different than tobacco advertising. There both bad for you, so how they get away with it?

http://www.gptoday.c...ce_Partnership/

I like your kind of crazy.

My preference would be to ban no drug, in advertisement or stores. But I don't give a fvck about tobacco, even if the 2nd-hand yapping amounts to no more than political propaganda meant to make the gullible more pliable.

That said, I applaud the hypocrisy while sipping on a coffee for the world must remain incoherent or cease to make sense... which it doesn't, of course, but to the gullible.

I like your kind of crazy.

My preference would be to ban no drug, in advertisement or stores. But I don't give a fvck about tobacco, even if the 2nd-hand yapping amounts to no more than political propaganda meant to make the gullible more pliable.

That said, I applaud the hypocrisy while sipping on a coffee for the world must remain incoherent or cease to make sense... which it doesn't, of course, but to the gullible.

Bloody well said my friend, spot on.

Man I love booze and fags. The mrs wants to start trying for a baby, so the smoking stops very shortly. I'm hoping the rage generated by that will be negated by the constant coitus.

Edit: fags means cigarettes in the UK, just realised how that may have sounded to some dam.gif

Man I love booze and fags. The mrs wants to start trying for a baby, so the smoking stops very shortly. I'm hoping the rage generated by that will be negated by the constant coitus.

Edit: fags means cigarettes in the UK, just realised how that may have sounded to some dam.gif

Hahaha, iam the other cigs and green, two kids, flat out job mon-sat, Missus on me back, I've got it all.

Me ,I packed smoking in years ago and can't abide anyone smoking around me but a decent pint of English real ale, that's another thing

My mates the same, hates smoking, get a few beers in him, he buys me a deck and himself.