Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Discussion of Sebastian Vettel's Season

Wow that's an intresting stat, didnt think of that. Man if that was the case you wouldn't pick me I've got 10 letters like hulk aswell. Well over the past decade. People with long names have won a fair few gps and titles. Cough cough Schumi.

This it the most active the forum's been since Twitter took off, to be honest. All the discussion is on Twitter now. Even I'm on Twitter, and I was a big forum holdout. This form of discussion has just lost steam with people. It takes too much patience to actually wait for replies. :P

Indeed. it is below the critical mass that allows forum debates to gain momentum. I stick around basically because I have nowhere else to go, hoping good times will be back here one day or another :)

I think it's good. Not to many members, you all seem to know what your on about, iam consistantly learning, your all good people aswell, no tools here. I must say even though you might wait a bit, least you know the answer you will get will be full of knowledge and 9 out of 10 times I learn something new aswell, so for that I thank you all for allowing me to learn more about the sport I so dearly love. I just hope I've been a positive vibe here and hope maybe someone has learnt a thing or two from me.

Oh, no! Here we all agree that Alonso is God's greatest gift so no driver bashing.

Yes, there were a few who didn't agree with enough enthusiasm. Funny, I've heard some of them had some freakish accidents and never seen them again...but you don't look like a guy who would like to have a freakish accident, do you?

Even more interesting a statistic is that, no matter who wins this year, the record that no driver has ever won more championships than the number of letters in his last name will stand.

Come to think of it, Hulkenberg is really hindered in this regard (10 WDCs? Impossibru!). I would get rid of him ASAP. And there you have a reason not to hire van der Garde again (11 letters not counting spaces...this kid is hopeless). Now, Pic, on the other hand...

:lol: Fantastic.

Been a bit quite of late mate tbh.

Sorry, I'm back now!! I had man-flu which had me off work, although I still managed to go out on my stag night lol. That's a 'batchelor party' to some of y'all.

This place is a paradise in comparison to the other I was active on, the forum owner was basically a Vettel/RB fan boy and if you disagreed you got abused, far more congenial here without the endless driver bashing

There used to be a LOT of that back when it was totalf1.com!

As for the original post, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Yes Vettel's amazing but I wish when he came back into the pits someone from his own team had pinned him against the wall and shouted don't you ever f***ing give us that attitude again

Got to say if one of my employees gave me any kind of attitude like that they would be looking for a new job, my attitude is its my business, I give the orders so get on with it, I'm not unreasonable and will listen to alternatives but its my call and expect my instructions to be followed

Well, they didn't fire a highly succesful driver in which they invested millions of dollars and who paid back to them handsomely in WDCs and PR jobs (My guess is that Vettel, unpopular as he is compared to other champions, is still more marketeable than Marko...) merely because under the extreme stress of a race he acted like a prick, and instead they probably decided to let him know in a more discreet way and outside of that situation that he is still their prodigal son. And, I don't see anything particularly bad with that.

He is an arrogant prick, but he is also one of the most talented drivers on the grid until Ricci proves me wrong. :P

Finally, I was never too fond of asking people to be fired, no matter how much they earn, just because we didn't like something they did or said.

And Whitmarsh has to go!

Trouble is friend no one stamped on him hard enough from the beginning and I get the distinct impression he believes he is bigger than the team, I really hope Daniel whips his butt this year and puts finger boy in his place, in the DC/Webber days I quite like RB, with Vettel they honk

Trouble is friend no one stamped on him hard enough from the beginning and I get the distinct impression he believes he is bigger than the team, I really hope Daniel whips his butt this year and puts finger boy in his place, in the DC/Webber days I quite like RB, with Vettel they honk

Love it

Later post: that's the thing with seb, even before he started racing, IMO I think he was fed the silver spoon, he was whinging when webber never got out the way, now the shoe is on the other foot and he doesn't like it, it's nothing different than simply not being quick enough. Boy I wonder what excuse will be next if he still can't match dan with his new chassis. Funny he mentioned nothing about his chassis on the podium in malaysia, let me guess, it happened after that, didnt it seb? Boy I can't what for this.

And Montoya made a statement saying that both Alonso and Vettel have not suddenly forgotten how to drive a car.

The respect people have for Lauda is based on what he's done in the way distant past. And none of it has anything to do with his activities outside of the car.

I don't expect to see Vettel struggling all year long. That's not to take anything away from Ricci, but Kimi is struggling massively too, Alonso to a lesser degree. The only drivers who are loving it at present at the Merc boys... which so happens to be Lauda's neck of the woods. Thus his comments are biased beyond comprehension and tainted in my view.

I'll stick with Montoya's sentiments over a once great driver who no resorts to selling space on his hat, and being a good source for outrageous sound bites for the media.

Does this mean he already knows his issues arnt down to the new chassis he is receiving? I think so, I think it's getting to him a little now and with my boy giving him a hiding so far, I'd feel the same, step up or shutup seb simple as that

http://grandprix247.com/2014/05/05/vettel-under-braking-and-in-the-corners-i-have-an-absolute-lack-of-confidence/

Yep me to mate, don't like the sound so much but hey ill deal with it if we're getting this sort of entertainment. All this is proving to me is that the past Redbull's were well suited to him, now it's not or doesn't know how to drive it, he is blaming everyone but himself.

Wow!!! What about all those years and all those other drivers and all those other cars that were sliding all around corners while his RB's were like on rails?

TOUGH LUCK!!!

Wow!!! What about all those years and all those other drivers and all those other cars that were sliding all around corners while his RB's were like on rails?

TOUGH LUCK!!!

Tell me about it, I knew seb was a sook, but this has blown me away, the kid needs to learn when to shutup. The more he carries, it's letting dan and all the others see his weak points and are letting them in. I thought he was more professional than that I really did, just goes to show that even when adults, and have been fed the silver spoon there whole life, there still in denial in adult hood. For the love of god seb, deal with it, move on and let your driving do the talking, if you can't do that, does that answer our age old question?

1- it prooves it was the car that won him everything

2- his and marks car WERNT the same.

Same Vettel fans will be using that at ricciardo fans now, "there cars arnt the same" well why would Redbull take everything away from the driver who has brought them everything and place it all in a rookies hand? They wouldn't and havnt, seb is getting beaten fair and square. Well not really as seb would still get priority and parts before Daniel would, I can bet a $100 on that, so dan is underhanded and still coming out on top, don't mean to blow the wind up his skirt, but damn. Same goes for Kevin Magnussen, he would be behind Jenson in obtaining parts from Mclaren and is doing an incredible job ATM. That along with obvious race craft and talent, that's what sorts good drivers from incredible drivers IMO. Every driver is ridiculously quick but it's the incredible drivers that will find that extra tenth. You can't deny sebastian and his achievements, by any means no, his record is still unbeleivable,he needs to watch the 1996 and 97 seasons and see how bad Michael Schumacher's Ferrari was. To see how Michael obtained the right people for the right job and see how he rebuilt it from the ground up to make it a genuine title contender for 97. Seb needs to change his attitude and find away to bring his car back up front again.

whilst I have the greatest respect for Niki Lauda and what he achieved when racing, I find his comments now as a team director or whatever are sounding like those of a ranting idiot. So Vettel is having a bad start to a season, is that a reason to write the guy off?? Like he has achieved 4 WDC in a row, that can't of been through plain GOOD LUCK there must have been some skill , and not sculdugery ala M.S., involved in that achievement

do you know something that would really p**s me off !!! If I had won 4 WDC in a row and then I had to read all this CRAP about me when I am personally having a problem coming to grips with a car system that I am not happy about.

For Christ sake give the guy some slack, he HAS proven that he can DRIVE and F1 car, Have you guys??

But bloody hell I love it that an Aussie is beating him LOL heheheheheheheheheheheheeheheh