Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Discussion of Sebastian Vettel's Season

See how happy he is now? This is what I mean, he comes accross now as even a bigger tool because of his previous comments and predicable behaviour. Hey "negative" bet they only mention this post and not my post on how I actually applaude his effort.

The fact of the matter is there are a handful of drivers capable of winning the WDC at any one time. It just depends who is given the best hardware and has the best luck (or makes their own luck).

Absolutly, now if you ask every driver around the paddock. Based on outright talent as a driver and nothing to do with the car, who is the best? I can guarantee you what 90% of the field would say and they wouldn't say Vettel.

Nobody mentioned that he had more than dominant car to the rest of the field! Except Mercedes of course ! The way drove around middle field cars , and one second per lap faster than Alonso on last stint shows that Red Bull car is as dominant as their best years! Excess for Mercedes ! And what he did yesterday was same thing Webber did many times! From back of the grid to fourth place or podium!

He drove remarkably in the last stint, was so bloody fast. It was a gamble on his behalf that he pulled of brilliantly, do I go quick and wear the tyres in order to find some time or take it easy? He did what he had to do brilliantly. See this is the point about his stinking attitude he has. Sooks like he did and now he has what he wants he is all happy. What ever happens to that solid confidence he had in the years go by? His mindset has changed and it is a fact, it's called parent hood. He just has to learn to switch of even more so now, so he is still learning. I hate him but he drove very well.

Wow that has to be the worst signature Ive ever read. Four years of commentary has been "how will Vettel cope in an inferior car?" and the jury has returned the verdict

HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Yeah, your signature pics says it all. Didn't see you around when Seb was dominating the last few years... I bet is you'll be disappearing again soon....

Monaco will be a good test. It is not one of Vettel's best circuits; he only one there in 2011, when the Red Bull was most dominant. It was one of the few places Webber had a better feel for than Vettel, in my opinion. Momentum is going to turn for him eventually, and if he can deliver a podium in Monaco, I think that will make a really strong statement. His race in Barcelona was phenomenal. I loved seeing how that strategy played out.

He drove remarkably in the last stint, was so bloody fast. It was a gamble on his behalf that he pulled of brilliantly, do I go quick and wear the tyres in order to find some time or take it easy? He did what he had to do brilliantly. he drove very well.

I am glad you wrote that. Thanks. :)

Like I said mate, I tell it how it is, I may dislike him, but he prooves he still has it.

He did drive a blinder although on most of the overtakes I was thinking 'come on, make it difficult for him at least'! Seemed like every 'victim' was leaving him half the track to dive through. A great drive though.

He had always had rediculous luck IMO, that's where half of it comes from, but never mind, I think he has it sorted now.

Yep. That's how I predict it. checkit.gif

Vettel is back in the saddle and will start beating Dan on the scoring board.

Who said I was a Vettel Hater ? I'm just Straightforward, Radical, but Fair cool22.gif

Nah mate I still hold my boy ahead. Besides if dan wasn't dq in Australia, he would be third in the championship behind the two mercs not in like 5th behind Vettel. I honestly think vettel's mind set has changed, not that he wanted it to but that's what fatherhood does, puts things into a more ordered perspective. Though in saying that, I may very well be wrong I mean just look at how dominant Schumi was when he was a father. But that's another thing, IMO Schumi seems more professional in the sense he keeps his work and home life separate (you read that lewis?) and could switch it all of at the drop of a hat and focus on his task, Vettel has not prooved he can do this yet as a father. Some will disagree and say it does nothing, but when I was younger I was much quicker in a kart and a better basketball player (yeah iam a mad basketball fan also) for the simple fact, that's all I had to focus on. Now if the kart or on the court, I can't help to think what my kids are doing now or am I selfish father for doing this to please myself and not them. All these thoughts crept in when I became a father and it shows in your performance. It would have to be getting Vettel, especially being a new born and his partner is doing it on her own. The other thing to is I Beleive dan is getting to him. Younger man, really freindly and good with the cameras and has had a better year so far. It would be a shock to seb to see that someone in the same car (well almost the same) can actually beat him, not once in a blue moon like my beloved webber but so far, all the time. Just my opinion guys.

Vettel is as hungry as ever. He is still adapting to this year's car. He has and will continue to change his driving style in order to get quicker. This will bring him closer to Daniel.

It will be close all year between them, because Daniel is clearly very good.

That's it.

Vettel is as hungry as ever. He is still adapting to this year's car. He has and will continue to change his driving style in order to get quicker. This will bring him closer to Daniel.

That's it.

ok

That's it.

Very true, but it really only seems to be kimi and seb who are struggling. Why is that if there supposide talent is there? Others have seemed to find a balance yet seb has been vocal and IMO looking for excuses. On the other hand, it's only now that kimi is becoming frustrated, that to me seems like his struggles, might be a bit more legit than sebs, like I've said before, I think seb is very talented, but I (along with many others) don't think he is as talented as people make him out to be. When webber was there, ok NOW I can admit I was in denial with him and seb, but is that my fault? How can I measure this Aussie without a benchmark to go of? Now dan has arrived, he seems alot more competitive than mark has ever looked in his entire Redbull career, and I say that because every time I check for practice/qualify or race results, I automatically think he has done bad, well not bad, just not on the pace. But I've been very shocked, as every time I check, he is doing very well, he seems more aggressive on the circuit than webber but that could be down to his hunger to do well. Now he is showing his true speed, it has taken all of us by suprise, even myself, even though I knew he would be quick, but nothing like this and it's shocked Redbull and Vettel, Redbull apparently have already offered him a deal for next season. So Iam so excited for this season and I hope he keeps Vettel on the edge for the rest of the season and not once in a blue moon mark style.

Very true, but it really only seems to be kimi and seb who are struggling. Why is that if there supposide talent is there? Others have seemed to find a balance yet seb has been vocal and IMO looking for excuses. On the other hand, it's only now that kimi is becoming frustrated, that to me seems like his struggles, might be a bit more legit than sebs, like I've said before, I think seb is very talented, but I (along with many others) don't think he is as talented as people make him out to be. When webber was there, ok NOW I can admit I was in denial with him and seb, but is that my fault? How can I measure this Aussie without a benchmark to go of? Now dan has arrived, he seems alot more competitive than mark has ever looked in his entire Redbull career, and I say that because every time I check for practice/qualify or race results, I automatically think he has done bad, well not bad, just not on the pace. But I've been very shocked, as every time I check, he is doing very well, he seems more aggressive on the circuit than webber but that could be down to his hunger to do well. Now he is showing his true speed, it has taken all of us by suprise, even myself, even though I knew he would be quick, but nothing like this and it's shocked Redbull and Vettel, Redbull apparently have already offered him a deal for next season. So Iam so excited for this season and I hope he keeps Vettel on the edge for the rest of the season and not once in a blue moon mark style.

There are 2 types of drivers in F1. Manipulative and Reactory drivers. Seb, Kimi and Hamilton fall under the manipulative group, they like to feel the car in a particular way to feel at one with it. Hamilton's style is disguised by a great car, yet he even beats Rosberg. It will only be a matter of time before they are up to full speed....

Very true, but it really only seems to be kimi and seb who are struggling.

Because they have exceptional team mates. It's really that simple.

Ian aware of that but at seasons end and ricciardo and alonso are ahead of Vettel and Raikkonen, because they have such a cult following, we will see excuses left right and centre. It always happens

Ian aware of that but at seasons end and ricciardo and alonso are ahead of Vettel and Raikkonen, because they have such a cult following, we will see excuses left right and centre. It always happens

Well then it's up to you to be objective, have your view and not get stressed if someone else believes different.

All of this incessant need to compare and have a definitive answer as to who's best is tiresome, pointless and because of spurious, immature waffle, the main reason why this forum resembles a ghost town.

Well then it's up to you to be objective, have your view and not get stressed if someone else believes different.

All of this incessant need to compare and have a definitive answer as to who's best is tiresome, pointless and because of spurious, immature waffle, the main reason why this forum resembles a ghost town.

That's what it's all about isn't it?

Comparing drivers? Or is it because its not the end of the season, the reason we can't talk about it yet. Fair call what you said, but what I've found here is that if anyone goes "against the grain" they get smoked.

No, I'm the best.

Only in 2008 spec.

That's what it's all about isn't it?

Comparing drivers? Or is it because its not the end of the season, the reason we can't talk about it yet. Fair call what you said, but what I've found here is that if anyone goes "against the grain" they get smoked.

There's too much emotion, that's all. It clouds people's ability to make a sound judgement.