Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

El Gran Premio Arriba Señoritas Vamos Olé Olé De Messi Barcelona Gp

Ricciardo for the win. And make seb move over again.

I think it's meant to rain in UK this weekend so perhaps it'll be raining in spain too. So a wet race and Kimi to win.

If its wet, iam suprised you didn't pick JB Jem. He excells in those changing conditions and even if the macca is crap you can bet your money JB will be up there

Just was reading a headline and kimi saying they have a much better understanding of the car now. Is he just bluffing or is Ferrari a serious challenger? Lewis holds them as the main threat but yet Perez thinks Redbull will win. IMO I still think its premature for Redbull to win ATM, I suspect merc to romp away I just get confussed with these mind games they play sometimes. Also apparently Mclaren are going to run a lotus style horned nose cone Love to see that pic.

If its wet, iam suprised you didn't pick JB Jem. He excells in those changing conditions and even if the macca is crap you can bet your money JB will be up there

Meh that would've been too obvious! Anyway I keep predicting good results from JB and he lets me down lol

Just was reading a headline and kimi saying they have a much better understanding of the car now. Is he just bluffing or is Ferrari a serious challenger? Lewis holds them as the main threat but yet Perez thinks Redbull will win. IMO I still think its premature for Redbull to win ATM, I suspect merc to romp away I just get confussed with these mind games they play sometimes. Also apparently Mclaren are going to run a lotus style horned nose cone Love to see that pic.

Mclaren to copy lotus? Oh these are sad times. I read this morning Lewis's BBC column in which he says Red Bull are the main threat, not Ferrari.

And I don't believe Kimi has suddenly got on top of his issues. He hasnt even driven the car since the last race, where he was nowhere.

I also think Merc will run away with it again; let's just hope we get a bahrain-style contest between the 2 drivers.

Sorry Jem my bad, it's Mercedes that say Ferrari is the threat not lewis, here's the story anyway

http://www.gptoday.com/details/view/486658/Mercedes_sees_Ferrari_as_biggest_threat/

But id Beleive BBC over this second tier site anyway. Sounds like JB suffers a bit of Mark Webber syndrome, trust me brother I know how you feel there. In some ways Jenson and Mark are very much alike arnt they? Older more mature men and have an experienced way of describing things to the arm chair fan, would have made good team mates aswell. As for kimi though, if Ferrari are quick, it's going to be Fernando, he always drives his heart out at catalunya and does quite well there.

Yea Kimi can only look forward to another mauling at the hands of a pumped up team-mate. That contest was one of the main things I was looking forward to for 2014, so I hope he sorts himself out soon.

Jenson v Mark would've been a great contest. It nearly happened back in '05 when JB had his contract dispute (re moving back to williams) & Mark said at the time he would've loved to have tested himself against JB who at that time had suddenly turned into hot property after an amazing '04. Speed & consistency wise they would've been similar but JB would've edged it simply because Mark's car would've kept falling apart! Surprised they're not buddies really cos they do seem quite similar. Not prima donna's or think they're gods gift to humanity.

Button 2nd in first practice! But then I read that Button has been in the top 5 of every FP1 so far in 2014...so not such exciting news.

Wow, Lewis gets another pole! No fake excitement there. I didn't expect him to after his 'struggles' in Q1 & Q2. Staggering that his time is 1sec faster than 3rd. This year's WCC is over.

I reckon poor old Rosberg must be wondering what he has to do, Hamiliton with this car appears simply to be able to pull the laps out he bag at will

I don't know, we know nico is a tremendous driver, I just think his setup wasn't as smooth as Lewis's,

Lewis seemed like he could drive the car alot more gently. But Nico on one lap took that last chicane onto the straight, propbably the quickest and smoothest I have ever seen.

So it will mostly likely be a merc 1-2 again but you think nico can take the fight to lewis? I don't think so, fingers crossed dan can get back to the podium. Id expect fernando to charge through the field and it will be interesting in what seb can do. I think third will be fought out between fernando and dan, well i hope so anyway. Sets out to be an exciting race IMO.

Lol bloody Maldonado, always hitting someone.

Well, I have been away and missed the lot for once but I did meet Daniil Kvyat in Terminal 5 at H'row on Tuesdat lunchtime. No lunch or Club class for him though - economy all the way. Had his trainer with him and was most polite. To be serious, he looked like a Belsen refugee from WW11 and his neck is as thin as a chopstick. I asked him about driver weights and he said he is permanently hungry but he hopes they tweak the weight rules in 2015 as there is some evidence that it is throughly bad for the the guys. He is the next Vettel for me although Ricciardo is doing a great job. He is probably what Ferrari need too.

Lewis just to quick, nico did well to try close the gap, nice drive by ricci, what a drive by Vettel man was he fast during the middle stint, deserved what he got today.

What a great, strategic race.

I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Some real fun to be observed.

Wow, Lewis gets another pole! No fake excitement there. I didn't expect him to after his 'struggles' in Q1 & Q2. Staggering that his time is 1sec faster than 3rd. This year's WCC is over.

Nice to see you around. :)

I'm happy for Hamilton. I think, as fans of F1, it's special when you get to see the best drivers get an opportunity in the best car to really show you how great "great" is. Hamilton's been exciting to watch.

Anyone know if there are different sets of guys who perform the pit stops for each driver or is it the same group ? Reason I ask - Nicos (Ros) stops were far better than Lewis. Not that I mind, I was rooting for Britney :)