Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Must Read: Forum Terms And Rules

I resigned as moderator months ago, but am stepping in while the forum needs it. I still have full moderating powers.

This forum has rules. No one is enforcing them right now. Starting now, I will be moderating future posts until we get a clearer moderating situation.

First offenses will be warnings. Second will be suspensions/bans depending on severity. In extreme cases and in the case of spam, first offenses will be bans.

It had been my policy, when I was actively a moderator, to let things go. This has not worked, so now we will have rules. Even I have broken some of these:

Below is a breakdown of the rules and clarification. Please read them. The rules are here: http://www.gptoday.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

You must not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, discriminatory, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

I think this one is clear. Note that the words "retard," "retarded," etc. as insults, as I have seen on this forum a lot lately, will be considered violations of this rule.

You may not post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or with permission of the copyright owner.

This means you may not copy and paste full articles. Quote relevant sections and provide a link.

When posting images that are not your own, also provide a link.

You may not promote any service (including non-commercial) whether it's by means of providing a link, or by means of contacting the users of this Forum through the mailing and messaging tools provided by this software. Furthermore, advertisements, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are prohibited on this Forum. Also note that we reserve the right to remove links to external Websites or Web pages.

Links to your blog, for example, in your signature are okay as long as you are a contributing member. Do not link in your posts.

Posters whose posts exclusively consist of linking to their stuff, including post race write-ups they've done, etc. will be banned no questions asked.

Any links to other forums will be removed.

Because Formula 1 fans are passionate, we do accept healthy debate on topics, however you may not partake in Personal attacks (flames) against other Forum members in any of the open forums.

This one should be clear.

The GPToday.com Forum is a place for its members to discuss Formula 1 and other Motorsport issues. Forums posts that have the intention of instigating fights, insulting other members or disrupting the enjoyment of other members will be removed and will lead to a ban.

Disrupting the enjoyment of other members includes driver/team/etc. bashing.

Driver bashing will be evaluated by this rule: if it would be inappropriate (against the rules) to say about/to a member of the forum, it is inappropriate (against the rules) to say about a driver/team/etc.

Note that criticizing a driver's performance or comments is not bashing. Repeatedly calling a driver names is.

You must not start a new thread when there is already a thread on the same topic. (Use the search feature!)

This wastes bandwidth. We currently have a ton of Vettel threads that all serve on purpose. They will be merged. Do not create new ones.

Please consult the full rules at the link: these are the most relevant passages, in my opinion.

Thank you. Any questions can be left here or sent to me over private message.

Forum member Negative Ions has been banned for repeated posts that:

1. Used offensive language

2. Used discriminatory language

3. Made defamatory and false remarks about a driver

4. Made a personal attack regarding a member's signature

5. Had the intention of instigating fights

6. Disrupted the enjoyment of other members

3- gets my back up, don't understand why it's a rule to stand up for Vettel.

3- gets my back up, don't understand why it's a rule to stand up for Vettel.

It has nothing to do with Vettel. He could've made the comments about any driver. I edited my post to reduce confusion.

For further transparency: the specific comments made about Vettel were (click the spoiler to see at own discretion):

that he is "retarded," "spastic," and "cross-eyed"

So, again, it is not that you cannot make negative comments about a driver. It is that you cannot make knowingly false, defamatory remarks that use offensive, discriminatory (yes, the r-word is discriminatory) language.

Again, if you cannot say it about another member on the forum, you cannot say it about the driver. If someone called another forum member any of those things, they would be punished; thus, to say it about anyone else off the forum, it, too, is punishment.

If you have any other requests for clarification, let me know. smile.png

I'll continue to post in this thread for transparency so people can understand what is going on around them, but I do not foresee any issues going forward.

It has nothing to do with Vettel. He could've made the comments about any driver. I edited my post to reduce confusion.

For further transparency: the specific comments made about Vettel were (click the spoiler to see at own discretion):

that he is "retarded," "spastic," and "cross-eyed"

So, again, it is not that you cannot make negative comments about a driver. It is that you cannot make knowingly false, defamatory remarks that use offensive, discriminatory (yes, the r-word is discriminatory) language.

Again, if you cannot say it about another member on the forum, you cannot say it about the driver. If someone called another forum member any of those things, they would be punished; thus, to say it about anyone else off the forum, it, too, is punishment.

If you have any other requests for clarification, let me know. smile.png

I'll continue to post in this thread for transparency so people can understand what is going on around them, but I do not foresee any issues going forward.

Fair enough mate, I support your statement.

I come back and the forum is filled with garbage again.

You can't fire all the players, so you fire the coach. Forum poster Massa is no more.

Guess this is the time where I would say how sorry I am that we are losing one of my favorite, most inteligent and objective posters.

Sadly, he is so right I am not even sure what to say, except that the childish posters should be proud of what they achieved with their constant rabid rants and cries.

Good job, youse.

Eric, I can only hope you won't be a stranger like so many others, even if not as a mod.

I come back and the forum is filled with garbage again.

You can't fire all the players, so you fire the coach. Forum poster Massa is no more.

Don't quit, matey.

And you can fire all the players!

Don't quit, matey.

And you can fire all the players!

Yes, yes! Fire all the players! Fire us all!

Wait...:eusa_think:

Again, what was said to be considered "garbage"

I think on any internet forum it's to be expected that there will be a lot of abuse hurled at famous people. It's been said already that it's ok as long as it's not insults etc, I haven't noticed much of that (perhaps I'm blinkered to it) even if there is plenty of 'Lewis needs to grow up', 'Seb needs to stop whining' but that's nothing new.

Yes, yes! Fire all the players! Fire us all!

Wait...eusa_think.gif

Well, they should keep you as a reminder what it was like in the old days whistling.gif

I think on any internet forum it's to be expected that there will be a lot of abuse hurled at famous people. It's been said already that it's ok as long as it's not insults etc, I haven't noticed much of that (perhaps I'm blinkered to it) even if there is plenty of 'Lewis needs to grow up', 'Seb needs to stop whining' but that's nothing new.

Calling someone a cancer is fairly insulting and that's just one of the ones I have seen.

Well, they should keep you as a reminder what it was like in the old days whistling.gif

Ah, yes, a time when good posters were bald and sexy! Those were the days!

It is that you cannot make knowingly false, defamatory remarks that use offensive, discriminatory (yes, the r-word is discriminatory) language.

It's really sad they can't stand Alonso is the best GOAT. cardR.gif

Was my post here about Hamilton deleted? Or isy Internet playing up again?

Just a question, is the forum being moderated at the moment? That is not meant to be offensive but over recent days it has degenerated with a lot of personal insults creeping in, with one person in particular barely being able to make a post without making a personal remark. His behaviour is classic troll, insulting, missing the point, argumentative, disrespectful of other people's opinions and generally seeking to upset. He did well, he upset me and that takes some doing.

Some of us did not help by feeding this troll, trying to make sense of it all and discuss, but I worked it out, he is simply trying to wind people up.

I solved that problem by choosing to ignore him, which has prevented me from having to read his words and seeing his defamatory sig.

I actually feel sorry for this guy, he clearly has issues that make him resort to making personal remarks and being insulting, but his behaviour, the sig in particular, is offensive and I find it unacceptable.

Just a question, is the forum being moderated at the moment? That is not meant to be offensive but over recent days it has degenerated with a lot of personal insults creeping in, with one person in particular barely being able to make a post without making a personal remark. His behaviour is classic troll, insulting, missing the point, argumentative, disrespectful of other people's opinions and generally seeking to upset. He did well, he upset me and that takes some doing.

Some of us did not help by feeding this troll, trying to make sense of it all and discuss, but I worked it out, he is simply trying to wind people up.

I solved that problem by choosing to ignore him, which has prevented me from having to read his words and seeing his defamatory sig.

I actually feel sorry for this guy, he clearly has issues that make him resort to making personal remarks and being insulting, but his behaviour, the sig in particular, is offensive and I find it unacceptable.

He disappears when Vettel wins...

Vettel should start winning again soon