Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Monaco Grand Prix

It's the big one.

Hamilton and Rosberg are both winners here. Another teammate battle? We'll see; I don't think there will be many opportunities to try a different strategy, and that's the key to setting up the battles. I always laugh, a little off-topic, that fans hate strategic races when, in reality, almost all overtaking is a result of different strategies (as that is one of the main differentiating factors among the competitors).

Anyway, in the U. S., this is a big day for race fans: Monaco in the morning; the biggest F1 race. The Indianapolis 500 at noon; the biggest IndyCar race. The Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR race at night; not the biggest, but the longest race on that tour.

I will be at the Indy 500, so I will miss Monaco, and thus me starting the thread is kind of bizarre. :lol:

Ricciardo first career pole and win, wishful thinking I know, but hey, Olivier panis won here, nuff said.

Panis had a good car in '96. It may have been a race of attrition and good fortune, but don't take anything away from his combined ability, pre- accident.

Panis had a good car in '96. It may have been a race of attrition and good fortune, but don't take anything away from his combined ability, pre- accident.

ohh no iam not by any means, I meant it in the fact, that stranger things have happened there than dan winning. Honestly, you think anyone would have picked panis to win that race? I sure as heck didnt. But that not meant to take anything away from panis, his form in the early part of 07 was incredible, well right up to Canada you can say, he looked very very competitive, especially the Spanish gp of 97.

Yep, Nico under investigation, either way this is doing to rumble for a long time, I think the commentators on sky are the telling point, most seem to be convinced it was deliberate, the reversing back onto the track could be the clincher, that was just friggin stupid

My my my , I think the proverbial is about to hit the fan, I would hate to think that Nico would be that dirty but he seems very smug and the concensus in the pit lane seems to be Nico did a Schumi

Nico's always appeared smug to me, I'm not sure if he really is smug or its just the way he carries himself. Maybe some weird result of the Finnish \ German upgringing =)

Don't believe the hype. I was less impressed with Hamilton's response. Immediately taking the offensive and acting rather petulant, I thought. He needs better mind management. This has all got out of control, spun by a media who have been itching for confrontation between the two. Lewis would do well to leave his long face for an unequivocal rule breach, or undisputed grievance. Automatically assuming the worst of his old friend is pretty low. I believe in Nico's integrity. I was disappointed by the blanket lack of objectivity, fuelled by memories of Rascasse 2006, which was altogether more conclusive. Lewis should keep his focus and use his energy for tomorrow. Just my take.

Don't believe the hype. I was less impressed with Hamilton's response. Immediately taking the offensive and acting rather petulant, I thought. He needs better mind management. This has all got out of control, spun by a media who have been itching for confrontation between the two. Lewis would do well to leave his long face for an unequivocal rule breach, or undisputed grievance. Automatically assuming the worst of his old friend is pretty low. I believe in Nico's integrity. I was disappointed by the blanket lack of objectivity, fuelled by memories of Rascasse 2006, which was altogether more conclusive. Lewis should keep his focus and use his energy for tomorrow. Just my take.

I agree 100% with the obviously ignorant noob here.

Agree, there trying to stir the pot and get it cracking like Vettel and webber. One thing though, can some one tell me this, what difference was that from Senna's flick turn at Suzuka in the last chicane after his clash with Prost that got senna excluded from the championship? The reason for banning senna was he went the wrong way on the circuit, does nicos move count as going the wrong way to? Seem a bit odd how you can punish one but not the other in similar situations. I mean I think what nico did wasn't so bad niether what senna did but anyway that was a long time ago now.

Sorry did I miss something, were folk actually expecting LH to jump up and down for joy and scream whoopy whoo, thanks Nico for screwing my qualy lol. I,m not a particular LH fan but for gods sake who in his postition would be jumping for joy.

It a real pity tat Nico overcooked it, its also real pity he did,nt put his brain in gear an stay put so everyone else could have a fair shot at a decent lap

Sorry did I miss something, were folk actually expecting LH to jump up and down for joy and scream whoopy whoo, thanks Nico for screwing my qualy lol. I,m not a particular LH fan but for gods sake who in his postition would be jumping for joy.

It a real pity tat Nico overcooked it, its also real pity he did,nt put his brain in gear an stay put so everyone else could have a fair shot at a decent lap

Most people would've understood him being glum and morose, it was his "unsaid" insinuation that Rosberg did it on purpose that makes him look like a pouting tween. Not to mention the statement afterward about "taking a leaf out of Sennas book" on how he might deal with the situation. I've got to give lewis credit , he's a master pysch-player, since he can say that statement can be interpreted multiple ways, and all he meant to say was that he would let his actions on track speak for themselves.

Yeah I was about to post that story, here it is anyway

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/488711/Lewis_Hamilton_hints_at_Sennastyle_revenge_on_Nico_Rosberg/

Is this actually lewis saying this? I mean come on, what does lewis mean exactly? Getting ahead at turn one and holding Rosberg up like Mansell or simply taking him out? Why would you? I mean by all means go ahead as it will only benifit my boy dan but for the love of the sport, have a brain lewis. Makes me think if he has actually said that or the media have twisted it.

Most people would've understood him being glum and morose, it was his "unsaid" insinuation that Rosberg did it on purpose that makes him look like a pouting tween. Not to mention the statement afterward about "taking a leaf out of Sennas book" on how he might deal with the situation. I've got to give lewis credit , he's a master pysch-player, since he can say that statement can be interpreted multiple ways, and all he meant to say was that he would let his actions on track speak for themselves.

This.

If Lewis really is stupid enough to clash with Nico off the line, then his pre-meditated insinuation already has him heading for some race bans.

Engage brain before mouth, me thinks.

Hey Andres. Xx

Hello, stranger! How's all that parenting stuff going? Glad to see you can still deliver your wisdom with surgical accuracy.

Hello, stranger! How's all that parenting stuff going? Glad to see you can still deliver your wisdom with surgical accuracy.

Parenthood is serving me just fine, thank you my friend. I trust you and yours are all good too, I hope?

Oh, life was good to me. Then it sucked. Then it got better again. Now it's just peachy.

May your peaches be ripe and juicy, so to speak.

Well I have to say I am hugely disappointed with my fellow F1 fans to day, LH may be a muppet and this weekend has been disturbing for all fans to say the best but on a few of the other forums that are lightly moderated the term "N****R" has been extensivly used as it also has been on facebook. I have said I am not a particular fan off LH but racism is totally unacceptable.

Big congrats to Marussia on getting their first points, delighted for them

Really? That's disgusting, he is a fellow competitior and with his skill he shows us week in and week out, he certainly needs to be there, that's outright disgusting and to anyone who has said it or thought it, you should be ashamed of yourselfs. Are we really that sick and out of date? Thought we lost that racism crap years ago, nice drive though by nico, didnt put a foot wrong and held lewis at bay, nice drive by my boy dan once again, shame he couldn't catch lewis at the end, but did you find the race exciting? I did, lots of battles lower down the field, kimi got lucky, with his dive at the hairpin could have been worse. Highlight of the day IMO, was hulkenbergs move down the inside into the tunnel, what a pass, it's impossible to pass there in the game let alone in real life, he muscled his way through. Marussia well done to you guys and Jules. But I have to say for some reason I was quite impressed by Hulkenberg through out the whole race. He needs to be in a better car, his talent is just being wasted where he is.

Really? That's disgusting, he is a fellow competitior and with his skill he shows us week in and week out, he certainly needs to be there, that's outright disgusting and to anyone who has said it or thought it, you should be ashamed of yourselfs. Are we really that sick and out of date? Thought we lost that racism crap years ago, nice drive though by nico, didnt put a foot wrong and held lewis at bay, nice drive by my boy dan once again, shame he couldn't catch lewis at the end, but did you find the race exciting? I did, lots of battles lower down the field, kimi got lucky, with his dive at the hairpin could have been worse. Highlight of the day IMO, was hulkenbergs move down the inside into the tunnel, what a pass, it's impossible to pass there in the game let alone in real life, he muscled his way through. Marussia well done to you guys and Jules. But I have to say for some reason I was quite impressed by Hulkenberg through out the whole race. He needs to be in a better car, his talent is just being wasted where he is.

Unfortunately the web is a open playing field for those inclined that way, fortunately almost every person i have ever met is not like that, muppets in every walk of life