Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Honestly, How You Rate Alonso?

I always read so many different things about Fernando but I want to honestly ask you all, weather you like him or not, how do you rate him? IMO I can't believe how stone cold he is. Always, always focused 100% and hardly ever makes a mistake during qualify or the race. Incredible driver, no matter if he qualifies in the top 5 or top 10, he is always up in the top 3-5 positions and ever so consistant it's not bloody funny, I Beleive he does not get anywhere near the credit he deserves, yeah he might whinge or blah blah but at the end of the day, he is so underrated by most people. But in my honest opinion, he will be even more dominant than seb if he had a car like that. But even if he does make a mistake, he always saves it, unbeleivable. The only current driver I think who had ever matched alonso, was Hamilton in his rookie year (Lewis's best season so far IMO) since then, no one has matched him in pure skill, since then yeah sure seb has outdriven him but in pure talent, race craft and skill, seb isnt on Fernandos level. My opinion though, doesn't mean iam right.

Lol,

Ok, if you say so, just like kimi on same level as Taki Inoue?

well, he wasn't effectively beaten by Taki :P

. If your talking about 07, you know kimi fluked that, plain and simple. Just luck there.

. If your talking about 07, you know kimi fluked that, plain and simple. Just luck there.

with Alonso lucking in to his championships for both years. If it wasn't for Kimi with an unreliable car, 2005 would've been different....

even you know that...

with Alonso lucking in to his championships for both years. If it wasn't for Kimi with an unreliable car, 2005 would've been different....

even you know that...

I know that's wrong for starters, kimi Raikkonen finished 14 out of 19 races that year, Alonso finished 15 out of 19 and won the title with 133 points 6poles and 7 wins. Raikkonen had 112 points 6 poles and 7 wins. So how in any possible way can you say that kimi would have won. Only possibility any of his titles, it would be 06 when Schumi blew his engine at Suzuka. Michael would have won there and would have been 8x champ, but it didnt work out that way, as far as for kimi, blah, nice try bud.

I know that's wrong for starters, kimi Raikkonen finished 14 out of 19 races that year, Alonso finished 15 out of 19 and won the title with 133 points 6poles and 7 wins. Raikkonen had 112 points 6 poles and 7 wins. So how in any possible way can you say that kimi would have won. Only possibility any of his titles, it would be 06 when Schumi blew his engine at Suzuka. Michael would have won there and would have been 8x champ, but it didnt work out that way, as far as for kimi, blah, nice try bud.

Kimi broke down a few times in the lead which Alonso then inherited. What are you not getting???

Kimi broke down a few times in the lead which Alonso then inherited. What are you not getting???

What are you not getting? Fernando only finished one more race than kimi did in the season, kimi would have had to win two more races and atleast another 7th position,see what iam getting at? Even alonso had more second positions than kimi, alonso had 5 kimi only 2. You can say kimi broke down but only once more than fernando did. So alonso was more consistant. Ok, lets say kimi won one of those races he retired from, thats still 10 points behind fernando and thats not counting if he scored in this fantasy race either, most likely another 2nd so still 18 points behind. So weather you like it or not, kimi was beaten fair and square mate, and the same will happen this year, fair and square because alonso is simply just better and underestimated.

What are you not getting? Fernando only finished one more race than kimi did in the season, kimi would have had to win two more races and atleast another 7th position,see what iam getting at? Even alonso had more second positions than kimi, alonso had 5 kimi only 2. You can say kimi broke down but only once more than fernando did. So alonso was more consistant. Ok, lets say kimi won one of those races he retired from, thats still 10 points behind fernando and thats not counting if he scored in this fantasy race either, most likely another 2nd so still 18 points behind. So weather you like it or not, kimi was beaten fair and square mate, and the same will happen this year, fair and square because alonso is simply just better and underestimated.

He was consistent cause the car was reliable, I'll tally up the points when I get home...

More reliable by one race. And finished 23 points behind alonso. So how many more "what if's" are there. If you want to say kimi should have won more races that's fine but most likely alonso would have been second as he already had more second positions than kimi as it stands, kimi would have run out of races before catching alonso if he is only gaining two points a race on him. Remember back then you got 10 points a win and 8 for second.

More reliable by one race. And finished 23 points behind alonso. So how many more "what if's" are there. If you want to say kimi should have won more races that's fine but most likely alonso would have been second as he already had more second positions than kimi as it stands, kimi would have run out of races before catching alonso if he is only gaining two points a race on him. Remember back then you got 10 points a win and 8 for second.

Actually, you are wrong. Alonso finished 17 out of 19 races in 2005. He made mistake in Montreal where he did not finish the race and the only other race he didn't finish was Indy, along with all the other Michelin runners. He actually scored points in 16 races that year, so I am not sure where the 15 finishes comes from. I haven't checked to see if Alsono had any mechanical issues that may have caused him to drop points, but seems as he had 7 wins, 5 2nd places and 3 3rd places, I imagine that only leaves 2 races to have mechanical issues in, at most.

In comparison, Kimi had 3 mechanical issues in 2005, 2 of which caused a dnf and the other caused him a 9th place finish because it was a suspension issue in the last few laps and he retired. He did not race at Indy for the same reason as Alonso. As far as I can tell, he did not make a driving mistake that caused a dnf. His 3 mechanical issues were in Imola, Nurburgring and Hockenheim.

I haven't checked to see if Kimi was leading in those 3 races with mechanical issues, but in those 3 races he had mechanical issues, he was faster than Alonso in qualifying for all 3 of them. Out of those 3 races, Alonso won them all, so if you take qualifying as a guidance, it would be a reasonable assumption to think that Kimi had a chance of winning those 3 races.

Also, I am not sure where you get your data from, but Kimi got 3 2nd places as well, not 2. Whichever way you look at it, Kimi had a pretty good season and I think the general consensus was that car reliability did hamper Kimi somewhat that year.

Actually, you are wrong. Alonso finished 17 out of 19 races in 2005. He made mistake in Montreal where he did not finish the race and the only other race he didn't finish was Indy, along with all the other Michelin runners. He actually scored points in 16 races that year, so I am not sure where the 15 finishes comes from. I haven't checked to see if Alsono had any mechanical issues that may have caused him to drop points, but seems as he had 7 wins, 5 2nd places and 3 3rd places, I imagine that only leaves 2 races to have mechanical issues in, at most.

In comparison, Kimi had 3 mechanical issues in 2005, 2 of which caused a dnf and the other caused him a 9th place finish because it was a suspension issue in the last few laps and he retired. He did not race at Indy for the same reason as Alonso. As far as I can tell, he did not make a driving mistake that caused a dnf. His 3 mechanical issues were in Imola, Nurburgring and Hockenheim.

I haven't checked to see if Kimi was leading in those 3 races with mechanical issues, but in those 3 races he had mechanical issues, he was faster than Alonso in qualifying for all 3 of them. Out of those 3 races, Alonso won them all, so if you take qualifying as a guidance, it would be a reasonable assumption to think that Kimi had a chance of winning those 3 races.

Also, I am not sure where you get your data from, but Kimi got 3 2nd places as well, not 2. Whichever way you look at it, Kimi had a pretty good season and I think the general consensus was that car reliability did hamper Kimi somewhat that year.

Yeah your right I missed his Indy retirement, but he still finished 23 points behind. Now you can say, based on what you "saw" kimi would have won the other three races he retired from, quite possible, but if we're talking like this based in what I "saw" alonso's five second places to kimis 3 means alonso would have most likely finished 2nd to kimi in those 3 fantasy races, therefore running out of races before catching alonso as kimi would only be gaining 2 ponis on alonso each race. See what iam talking about? If where talking like this, shouldn't webber be 2010 champion then? I mean yeah he ruined his title by a driver error putting it in the wall in the wet Korean gp, but from what I can remember, that was his only driver error the whole season, less than seb,alonso, Hamilton and button. So I can see what your trying to say, but it just simply didnt work out that way. If it did, Schumi would have been 97 and 06 champ aswell, as he was quicker in 97 than villeneuve and was quicker than alonso in the 2nd half of 06.

Yeah your right I missed his Indy retirement, but he still finished 23 points behind. Now you can say, based on what you "saw" kimi would have won the other three races he retired from, quite possible, but if we're talking like this based in what I "saw" alonso's five second places to kimis 3 means alonso would have most likely finished 2nd to kimi in those 3 fantasy races, therefore running out of races before catching alonso as kimi would only be gaining 2 ponis on alonso each race. See what iam talking about? If where talking like this, shouldn't webber be 2010 champion then? I mean yeah he ruined his title by a driver error putting it in the wall in the wet Korean gp, but from what I can remember, that was his only driver error the whole season, less than seb,alonso, Hamilton and button. So I can see what your trying to say, but it just simply didnt work out that way. If it did, Schumi would have been 97 and 06 champ aswell, as he was quicker in 97 than villeneuve and was quicker than alonso in the 2nd half of 06.

No, he wouldn't have run out of races if you go on the theory that he might have won those races, he would have had 30pts more, making 142. Alonso would have had 6 less making 127, I believe.

However, its all conjecture, championships have been lost in other seasons too due to reliability issues. I was just pointing out that Kimi drove pretty well that season.

No, he wouldn't have run out of races if you go on the theory that he might have won those races, he would have had 30pts more, making 142. Alonso would have had 6 less making 127, I believe.

However, its all conjecture, championships have been lost in other seasons too due to reliability issues. I was just pointing out that Kimi drove pretty well that season.

He did drive well iam not arguing that, just not well enough to beat alonso.

He did drive well iam not arguing that, just not well enough to beat alonso.

Well that's the point, there are many people who did believe he drive well enough to beat Alonso, just he was let down by the car.

Alonso is Spanish. 38 out of 17.

Well that's the point, there are many people who did believe he drive well enough to beat Alonso, just he was let down by the car.

. Fair enough but if people are trying to make this obvious, then lets ask you this, would have Schumi been 97 champion? I mean he was faster most of the year and feeling around the paddock was it was Schumi to be 97 champ. I say this because people still hate Schumi over that incident with villeneuve, iam trying to see if people favor one driver over another even though results clearly state the obvious. Like I do with Vettel, I hate his guts but I can't deny how good he is, some people hate Schumi but won't admit it or admit his talent.

. Fair enough but if people are trying to make this obvious, then lets ask you this, would have Schumi been 97 champion? I mean he was faster most of the year and feeling around the paddock was it was Schumi to be 97 champ. I say this because people still hate Schumi over that incident with villeneuve, iam trying to see if people favor one driver over another eve though results clearly state the obvious. Like I do with Vettel, I hate

his guts but I can't deny how good he is, some people hate Schumi but won't admit it or admit his talent.

I have no idea what you are trying to say, sorry. If you feel Schumi was quicker, that's fine, although I think the Williams was the quicker car. However, Schumi didn't lose the championship because of mechanical failure, he lost it because he tried to take Villeneuve out and failed. I really don't see how this is relevant to Kimi's mechanical failures in 2005?

It's not relevant, iam saying how you think kimi should have won, I think Schumi should have, now you see how it standouts to the opposite side. Kimi was beaten plain and simple, by less second positions aswell, less thirds aswell. And share the same qualify record so I can't see how people say kimi should have won, when he simple didnt. He would have had needed alot more luck. You CAN say Schumi lost the 97 title do mechanical failure, if he didnt retire from the lead in the British gp, he would have had enough points to be champion, so it's not much difference, just how's my people would honestly mention that about Schumi and 97? Hardly no one as they allow the Jerez incident to cloud there judgement.

When Alonso pitted before Kimi a couple of races back even though Kimi was ahead of him, the folks at Sky said that the reason was Alonso's contract.