Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Toto / Mercedes Couldn't Control Drivers - Needs Brawn

Nah NO ONE can control "Cry Baby" Hamilton... Like what does he expect the team to do.. Tell Rosberg to pull over ? and as for that Dirt in the eye............ yeah right........... and I thought I saw a pink elephant boat on the water......... grow up Hamilton.

I think it is pretty p**s pour how he treated not only Nicko but Ricci as well, not even attempting to shake hands ........ just shows his character.........

Nah NO ONE can control "Cry Baby" Hamilton... Like what does he expect the team to do.. Tell Rosberg to pull over ? and as for that Dirt in the eye............ yeah right........... and I thought I saw a pink elephant boat on the water......... grow up Hamilton.

I think it is pretty p**s pour how he treated not only Nicko but Ricci as well, not even attempting to shake hands ........ just shows his character.........

Jeez cut the guy some slack, if he genuinely believes Nico did the dirty then i don't blame him i would be p**sed in his position, for what its worth nearly 50% on a poll on another forum think Nico cheated . I was lucky enough to meet the guy when he had a crap car at silverstone a few years ago with my cuz who has Downs, all i'll say was he was golden to my cuz and spent time he did,nt nessercerily have without being condescending and talking down to Russ. I judge on what i see not what the media tells me i see.

For what its worth Saturday i was undecided but the more i look at the footage the more doubts i have about it being a mistake

hey for your info I reckon Nicko did that on purpose, no probs. look at the onboard shots he was playing with the steering wheeel way before he locked the brake..... BUT is that an excuse to behave like he did on SUNDAY ??

As for nico cheating, I don't think so, turning in on that particular turn, front right gets light sometimes lifts up, therefore even slightest application of the brakes would cause that tyre to lock as it is carrying significantly less weight than the other three tyres. So instead of trying to save something that is lost and putting it in the wall, he turned off, everyone would do the same, I think it's was a fair dinkum mistake. Yes lewis is upset and I can see where he is coming from, in reality it doesn't matter if it was nico or someone else, he still would have been upset as he lost his last chance to take pole. Just being his teammate, the bloke who is the only one fast enough to stop him, it's just added fuel to the fire. I honestly think lewis would have reacted the same if it was anyone, just so happened to be nico, simply bad luck. It's going to be like this all year, to a throw between the pair.

One thing for sure. Lauda isn't impressed with Lewis' antics at the podium.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/488948/Lauda_has_issue_with_Hamiltons_mood/

A sense of justification is what I'm feeling right now, that all these years of me thinking Hamilton was an utter prat has been proven true once again. Whether Nico did or didn't muck his last Q lap up on purpose, the race stewards saw all the "data" that Hamilton is alluding to. They concluded no foul was commited. Nico was told in a previous race to hold position behind Hamilton, and his reply over the radio was "remember this day". Hamilton turned his engine up in Barcelona strickly against his teams orders. Yet conveniently comes out and says Nico had done the same in the past. Merc confirm Barcelona, but don't mention anything about Nico turning his engine up. Hamilton is without credibility. He's lied in the past to the stewards, he cannot be trusted. His comment about going all Senna like, on Nico is absurd. Just as absurb as him inferring his hunger to win is greater than Nico's because he didn't have as nice an upbriging. What about all the $$ McLaren gave him and his family sponsoring him since he was a young?

I've never warmed to Hamilton. I've always felt his attitude was wrong, that he had this sense of self entitlement which felt so much like him just being arrogant. I hate arrogance in sports. It works for the boxing, MMA etc., but even after smashing the other guy, you see them hugging, shaking hands and being respectful to one another after the fights. Hamilton being a total d|ck on the podium, heck all the way from the end of Q, he was like that actually. Moping, saulking. Grow the F up!

I hope Lauda tears him a new one. Merc and Dietrich might be saying it's great to have this rivalry, but you can bet they are p**sed off privately. Mark my words, Hamilton is going to bail on this team at some point, but I hope they take the initiative and don't renew his contract. He's a cancer, an absolute crybaby and diva. F1 does not need Hamilton or anyone for that matter that carries on like this.

What is the best part for me, is even longtime Hamilton fans have finally realized what some of us did years ago, no matter how fast he can sometimes be, it doesn't make up for all the other crap he stirs up. Quite possibly one of the most immature sports "stars" I have ever seen. Go NICO! Smash this little turd into the pavement and win the WDC.

A sense of justification is what I'm feeling right now, that all these years of me thinking Hamilton was an utter prat has been proven true once again. Whether Nico did or didn't muck his last Q lap up on purpose, the race stewards saw all the "data" that Hamilton is alluding to. They concluded no foul was commited. Nico was told in a previous race to hold position behind Hamilton, and his reply over the radio was "remember this day". Hamilton turned his engine up in Barcelona strickly against his teams orders. Yet conveniently comes out and says Nico had done the same in the past. Merc confirm Barcelona, but don't mention anything about Nico turning his engine up. Hamilton is without credibility. He's lied in the past to the stewards, he cannot be trusted. His comment about going all Senna like, on Nico is absurd. Just as absurb as him inferring his hunger to win is greater than Nico's because he didn't have as nice an upbriging. What about all the $$ McLaren gave him and his family sponsoring him since he was a young?

I've never warmed to Hamilton. I've always felt his attitude was wrong, that he had this sense of self entitlement which felt so much like him just being arrogant. I hate arrogance in sports. It works for the boxing, MMA etc., but even after smashing the other guy, you see them hugging, shaking hands and being respectful to one another after the fights. Hamilton being a total d|ck on the podium, heck all the way from the end of Q, he was like that actually. Moping, saulking. Grow the F up!

I hope Lauda tears him a new one. Merc and Dietrich might be saying it's great to have this rivalry, but you can bet they are p**sed off privately. Mark my words, Hamilton is going to bail on this team at some point, but I hope they take the initiative and don't renew his contract. He's a cancer, an absolute crybaby and diva. F1 does not need Hamilton or anyone for that matter that carries on like this.

What is the best part for me, is even longtime Hamilton fans have finally realized what some of us did years ago, no matter how fast he can sometimes be, it doesn't make up for all the other crap he stirs up. Quite possibly one of the most immature sports "stars" I have ever seen. Go NICO! Smash this little turd into the pavement and win the WDC.

Couldn't agree more, well said.

Golly ! You're right. Toto only confirmed Lewis's use of the non-prescribed engine setting. Lewis mentioned Nico doing it, but there's no corroboration of that, interestinger and interestinger. All that said, I do hope that Rosberg did beat him on pure speed.

Koolmonkey you said the words I wanted to say well done mate.

Hey why do you think Hamilton wore sunglasses on the podium? was it to hide the TEARS

I joined this forum for discussion , its not happening at the mo so i,m going to take a step back for a bit while you lot calm yourselves down, i think some are getting very close to saying some things that should,nt be said and i would rather not be around to see it, no offence to anyone in particular.

Koolmonkey you said the words I wanted to say well done mate.

Hey why do you think Hamilton wore sunglasses on the podium? was it to hide the TEARS

Most likely yes. They say a person's eyes are the window to your soul. Still the thought of motor-boating Nicole would surely be enough to perk up anyone's spirits eh!?

Yeah everything must be good at home until Monaco, he always has a slump on form or has a gutter mouth when he is in this situation. I thought lewis was mentally prepared to crush nico, but obviously nico went home and talked himself up and had an honestly think about everything and to me, I thought he came to Monaco a completely different driver, quicker than lewis all weekend and lewis simply had no answer, dirt or no dirt, he was simply smoked lewis all weekend. Like I said before, the most noble,respectful and honest thing to do would be to shake nicos had, smile for the photos and let it out (if you have to) behind closed doors. It would have made him look even more mentally stronger to nico and see that the nerves don't get to him. He is falling right into nicos trap.

Yeah everything must be good at home until Monaco, he always has a slump on form or has a gutter mouth when he is in this situation. I thought lewis was mentally prepared to crush nico, but obviously nico went home and talked himself up and had an honestly think about everything and to me, I thought he came to Monaco a completely different driver, quicker than lewis all weekend and lewis simply had no answer, dirt or no dirt, he was simply smoked lewis all weekend. Like I said before, the most noble,respectful and honest thing to do would be to shake nicos had, smile for the photos and let it out (if you have to) behind closed doors. It would have made him look even more mentally stronger to nico and see that the nerves don't get to him. He is falling right into nicos trap.

Quicker than Lewis all weekend ? As much as I'd've liked that to be true, Lewis was on top of Rosberg in every practise session. I cant remember Q1 / Q2, but definitely every free practise was lewis over Nico,

I thought nico was quickest in all the practise sessions aswell, hmm don't know where I got that from but anyway, he beat lewis in all three qualis

I think mercedes are actually handling this pretty well, just being honest and saying look, they're fighting for the title so don't expect them to be mates. And it's not like this rivalry is causing on-track collisions (yet), the team is still winning every race 1-2 so for me there's no problem.

Nico appears completely fine and relaxed, whereas Lewis is clearly full of rage. I'm loving it.

Exactly but why? Alright nico is leading the title race again and lewis won the last four Grand Prix so there is bound to be frustration there but simple, just finish second to Rosberg every time if you can't beat him, it's as simple as that. Some days your the fastest, some days your not. Lewis can't show any weakness to Rosberg, I still can't understand why he sayes he and nico arnt friends, that's just selfish, one day they will both laugh over this with bottle of red. Rosberg came back swinging in Monaco, lewis has the perfect chance to swing back in Montreal. A circuit he likes and has done well at in the past. If nico flatout beats him there, if I was lewis, I would be 100x more worried about nico. So he has to put his foot down there. At the same time, would love dan to be able to win one.

It may be that Nico is simply a lot better than Lewis at hiding his emotion. Nico is a racing driver so there's no doubt that losing 4 times in a row would've been killing him, but he still smiled on the surface and talked up his chances.

Lewis has been beaten once and looks like he needs to spend an hour with a punchbag. But I think both are going through similar emotions - they both know this is their best chance to win the title.

I still expect Lewis to win the WDC so I'm glad for Nico to get the odd victory simply because it will drag out the contest a bit longer!

Yeah I think Lewis will win it to, that's what makes this dirt in the eye,ignorant attitude sucks. To not shake nicos hand was the ultimate sign of bad sportsmanship IMO, what did nico do wrong to deserve that? They haven't touched on the circuit, IMO I think nico was owed one anyway. Same attitude as Vettel with webber in Malaysia last year.

I think the dirt in the eye comment is a little harsh as there's no evidence to suggest he made it up, and why would he back off and risk losing his 2nd place to Dan by deliberately backing off, and lying to his team about having something in his eye?

When they got out the cars at the end I didnt expect hugs but a lack of handshake is unsporting as you point out. Sometimes footballers do that but they're the worst of all sportspeople, you don't expect it from f1 drivers.

Mind you it gives us a soap opera to watch so by all means Lewis please continue lol

A sense of justification is what I'm feeling right now, that all these years of me thinking Hamilton was an utter prat has been proven true once again. Whether Nico did or didn't muck his last Q lap up on purpose, the race stewards saw all the "data" that Hamilton is alluding to. They concluded no foul was commited. Nico was told in a previous race to hold position behind Hamilton, and his reply over the radio was "remember this day". Hamilton turned his engine up in Barcelona strickly against his teams orders. Yet conveniently comes out and says Nico had done the same in the past. Merc confirm Barcelona, but don't mention anything about Nico turning his engine up. Hamilton is without credibility. He's lied in the past to the stewards, he cannot be trusted. His comment about going all Senna like, on Nico is absurd. Just as absurb as him inferring his hunger to win is greater than Nico's becau by yse he didn't have as nice an upbriging. What about all the $$ McLaren gave him and his family sponsoring him since he was a young?

Yet you seem to Iike Vettel for virtually the same attitude?

However, comparing the attitude of "cry baby sports people' who you will probably never have any meaningful contact with, let alone them affecting your life, to that of cancer, shows a level of immaturity way beyond what we are seeing from Lewis.

I think the dirt in the eye comment is a little harsh as there's no evidence to suggest he made it up, and why would he back off and risk losing his 2nd place to Dan by deliberately backing off, and lying to his team about having something in his eye?

When they got out the cars at the end I didnt expect hugs but a lack of handshake is unsporting as you point out. Sometimes footballers do that but they're the worst of all sportspeople, you don't expect it from f1 drivers.

Mind you it gives us a soap opera to watch so by all means Lewis please continue lol

I only call it unsporting as they have known each other for most there life. Seems a bit slack on Lewis's behalf IMO, how would he get dirt in if his visor was shut? I think he might not have been psyically been able to march nicos speed for so long in Monaco, maybe, who knows, seems all to convinient when a Redbull closes in and lewis starts pulling away again, but anyway.

I only call it unsporting as they have known each other for most there life. Seems a bit slack on Lewis's behalf IMO, how would he get dirt in if his visor was shut? I think he might not have been psyically been able to march nicos speed for so long in Monaco, maybe, who knows, seems all to convinient when a Redbull closes in and lewis starts pulling away again, but anyway.

I really dont think he made it up, it'd be like saying Webber was lying about having a hot a*se that time, I don't believe for a second any of the 22 drivers would get on the radio and make up total fiction to their own race engineer. He did say in a BBC interview after the race that about 5 laps from the end he was lucky that it cleared itself up.

DC said on commentary that he used to leave his visor very slighly open when racing at monaco. Maybe lewis did the same? Anyway who cares, the lack of handshake or congratulations is pretty low

Alonso left Mclaren Because of Lewis.

If Brawn doesn't come back to Merc, I see Nico leaving next season....

Alonso left Mclaren Because of Lewis.

If Brawn doesn't come back to Merc, I see Nico leaving next season....

apparently nico has already signed a 3 year deal, so what you make of that?