Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Apples127

Hamilton Is A Brat Who Thinks He's Senna

After watching Hamilton's off track performance & behavior at Monaco I felt like taking my belt off & giving the spoilt little brat a long overdue thrashing! Christ what a snotty little b#####d! I felt embarrassed for Rosberg in particular & the entire Mercedes team to have to witness such a sulky bad piece of behavior - it was like watching a spoilt kid not getting his own way at Toys R Us.

And as for his comments about taking a leaf out of Senna's book I think his ego is writing cheque's his personality can't cash. I think he's enjoying far too higher opinion of himself with his attitude & imitation green helmet padding. But it will be ok, German management won't tolerate this sort of Sh#t for long. Go Rosberg!

I wouldn't feel too sorry for Rosberg when it comes to Hamilton snubbing him and showing his anger; all it does is make it clear to Nico that Lewis is totally rattled, and Nico will love that.

I think mercedes will feel fine about it because their team is getting massive publicity at the moment.

I agree that Lewis was acting like a sulky brat. I hope mercedes continue to do nothing, so that we can all enjoy the 'warzone' as tabloids are calling it. Regarding the Senna quote, in fairness Lewis was responding to a question about comparing the situation to Senna & Prost

I agree that the controversy between Rosberg & Hamilton is good for F1 & the publicity it creates. People take the side of who they support which creates great debate & interest in general. I guess future behavior by the two of them may determine who behaves more professionally off the track. At the moment the brat world championship is clearly 1 nil to Hamilton.

I've earlier said that this years championship is a re run of 1988 by way of the 2 Merc's disappearing into the distance, however I now think we've gone straight to Imola 1989.......

I predict at Canada Lewis will simply blow everyone away all weekend, but the relationship won't really go over the tipping point until these 2 collide on-track, which having watched Bahrain, is bound to happen at some point this year IMO

I wonder if Hamilton will play games in quali in Canada by setting fastest lap in Q3, then deliberately go out before Rosberg on his final run & cause a yellow flag?

Would be much harder to do so in Canada though - in monaco all you have to do is stop down an escape road and you know you've buggered the person behind you. In canada there's run-off, grass etc to park up on if you have an 'accident'.

He says he'll let his speed do the talking, so it'll be quite funny if his speed gets him 2nd on the grid - but I dont expect that.

After watching Hamilton's off track performance & behavior at Monaco I felt like taking my belt off & giving the spoilt little brat a long overdue thrashing! Christ what a snotty little b#####d! I felt embarrassed for Rosberg in particular & the entire Mercedes team to have to witness such a sulky bad piece of behavior - it was like watching a spoilt kid not getting his own way at Toys R Us.

And as for his comments about taking a leaf out or Senna's book I think his ego is writing cheque's his personality can't cash. I think he's enjoying far too higher opinion of himself with his attitude & imitation green helmet padding. But it will be ok, German management won't tolerate this sort of Sh#t for long. Go Rosberg!

I am quite sure the irony of your post on why Lewis is a brat has completely escaped you.

The situation in Mercedes reminds me of 2007 with Hamilton and Alonso in McLaren. Now LH is in a German team and I guess that makes things a lot different but I don't think the German media is going to make things as bad as it was in 2007. I don't rate Rosberg on the level of Hamilton but he's been getting his job done in the last seasons and he deserves credit. The car is so good that Mercedes could pick the WDC winner easily like Ron Dennis thought in 2007 but of course he was wrong because the car wasn't so much better than Ferrari.

I can only bring joy to a completely predictable F1 Championship.

P.D.- No I, it.

I am quite sure the irony of your post on why Lewis is a brat has completely escaped you.

Perhaps you'd like to enlighten me then

And as for his comments about taking a leaf out or Senna's book I think his ego is writing cheque's his personality can't cash.

Bloody hell I wish I had said that!!! sums this spoilt brat up totally...

The situation in Mercedes reminds me of 2007 with Hamilton and Alonso in McLaren. Now LH is in a German team and I guess that makes things a lot different but I don't think the German media is going to make things as bad as it was in 2007. I don't rate Rosberg on the level of Hamilton but he's been getting his job done in the last seasons and he deserves credit. The car is so good that Mercedes could pick the WDC winner easily like Ron Dennis thought in 2007 but of course he was wrong because the car wasn't so much better than Ferrari.

Meh that team is british, it's still BAR/Honda/Brawn but with a German badge on it. I wonder if German media does report much. From the outside it seems Bild is the only publication that ever writes anything about anything.

It's the british media who will make up cr*p

And so it continues in the press that a lot of people are not impressed with how Hamilton has behaved with Mika Hakkinen being another one. All we need now is another split between Nicole & Lewis just to add another major mood swing - I'm sure the McLaren camp had endured more than enough of that over the years......Grow up Hamilton

Must have been something in the water that weekend as Vettel is denying a post race tantrum.

I wonder if this thread would have so much vitriol if the person in question was white and middle class as it seems double standards are being applied here, i can think of a few current drivers who have acted in a similar fashion yet get very little hatred thrown their way, as for Mika, coming from someone who fixed a race result with a alleged "gentlemens agreement" he is hardly in the position to comment on any drivers behaviour.

No doubt my thoughts will upset some people but there is a old saying about caps fitting.

I wonder if this thread would have so much vitriol if the person in question was white and middle class as it seems double standards are being applied here, i can think of a few current drivers who have acted in a similar fashion yet get very little hatred thrown their way, as for Mika, coming from someone who fixed a race result with a alleged "gentlemens agreement" he is hardly in the position to comment on any drivers behaviour.

No doubt my thoughts will upset some people but there is a old saying about caps fitting.

I see your point although I never detected any racism on any of these threads.

For what it's worth I sit next to a guy at work who grew up down the street from Lewis in Stevenage and was in the same year through high school with him (and Ashley Young too!), and he says Lewis's claims that he grew up in rough streets are a load of bull, he lived in a normal house in a normal area. So Lewis ain't fooling me with his "I'm hungrier cos i'm from the mean streets" nonsense.

How did Mika fix Aus '98? Him and DC agreed that whoever led into the first corner would be allowed to win the race, so DC moved over. In hindsight DC has regretted it ever since, but it's not Mika's fault surely?

I agree that other drivers act like babies however I would say that they get barrages of abuse on the internet too (alonso in his renault days particularly)

I see your point although I never detected any racism on any of these threads.

For what it's worth I sit next to a guy at work who grew up down the street from Lewis in Stevenage and was in the same year through high school with him (and Ashley Young too!), and he says Lewis's claims that he grew up in rough streets are a load of bull, he lived in a normal house in a normal area. So Lewis ain't fooling me with his "I'm hungrier cos i'm from the mean streets" nonsense.

How did Mika fix Aus '98? Him and DC agreed that whoever led into the first corner would be allowed to win the race, so DC moved over. In hindsight DC has regretted it ever since, but it's not Mika's fault surely?

I agree that other drivers act like babies however I would say that they get barrages of abuse on the internet too (alonso in his renault days particularly)

Mika and Coultard predetermined the outcome of a race based on a event in the race, that is called fixing, the race was not won by the faster driver as the result had been predetermined before the race was even run, in my book at least thats race fixing , i haven't made any accusations about anyone being racist i merely asked the question would Hamiliton get the stick he does if he was white, there is a comment on the Mika story featured on the GP main page that basically says its actually hamilton's fault he gets racist abuse online because he hangs out with rappers etc, another on the same article refers to him as "boy" taken within the context of racist over tones

Sorry if this upsets folks, but there it is

Mika and Coultard predetermined the outcome of a race based on a event in the race, that is called fixing, the race was not won by the faster driver as the result had been predetermined before the race was even run, in my book at least thats race fixing , i haven't made any accusations about anyone being racist i merely asked the question would Hamiliton get the stick he does if he was white, there is a comment on the Mika story featured on the GP main page that basically says its actually hamilton's fault he gets racist abuse online because he hangs out with rappers etc, another on the same article refers to him as "boy" taken within the context of racist over tones

I doubt this thread would be any different whether it was Vettel, Hamilton or whoever was behaving badly. If it was Rosberg that had acted badly last weekend then this thread would be about him. I think the comments on this thread are all directed at behaviour - colour hasn't come into it. I know race had never even crossed my mind when I started this.

Yea it doesn't upset me or offend me, just hadnt noticed his race being a factor in any of it - so I dont think the abuse etc would be any different if he were white. As mentioned before, Vettel, Alonso, Schuey, Kimi have all had their share of major internet-forum-bashing

Wasn't won by the faster driver? Mika had pole and was faster in practice.

It was DC's victory and he should've just taken it, and he knows it and regrets it. Most other drivers would've just taken the win.

Mind you would it have made a difference to the 98 season? No.

Still, I disagree with Mika being a race-fixer!

Absolutly,if anything it shows how good friends they were, to be able to make this agreement amongst themselves and to actually do it and stay good mates to this day, this sort of bond and enjoyment should be in every drivers lineup. They respected each other immensely and it showed in 1998.

They did remain on great terms for all those years, but what if DC has beaten Mika more often? Would that relationship still have been so rosy? I'm not so sure. In '01 DC had the upper hand and Mika decided he'd had enough of it all and never came back.

Personally I dont think it matters at all whether the team-mates are buddies or not; respect is important, but not bond IMO. Prost/Senna, Rosberg/Hamilton (and Button/Hamilton too scarf.gif ) all pushed each other to their limits without having any kind of bond, although the respect was always there.

Yes namechanged has a point, especially if you look at team mates from years gone by - Mansell/Patrese Alonso/Massa Schumacher/Barrichello Villeneuve/Frentzen Villeneuve/Pironi for that matter.

All the pairings I've mentioned were happy campers provided the obvious one of the two was on top for a majority of the season. Remember what happened when the No.2 would get the upper hand occasionally? I've seen Mansell looking very sulky at the press conference when Patrese beat him fair & square at one race in 91/92. Massa was forced to move over & let Alonso through in Germany 2010 as did Brarrichello in Austria 2002 & you may remember the huge rift between Villeneuve & Pironi at Imola in 82 when Pironi ignored team orders & passed & diced with Villeneuve - the two never spoke again.

It's all been wonderfully entertaining stuff for us the fans. The more I think about it the more Imola has been pivotal for a number of memorable events. Obviously 1994 needs no explanation, 1982 was the rift for Villeneuve & Pironi as well as Senna & Prost in 1989. Piquet & Berger had huge shunts there as well. Anyway, I've rambled on enough, just feeling vocal tonight!

The more vocal the better, we're a bit thin on the ground. F1 with 22 drivers who hate each others' guts would be ideal!

Alonso would be the king of getting hot under the collar when beaten by a team-mate. Particularly with Fisi & Lewis.