Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Adrian Newey Now Part Time?

Sounds like Adrian Newey is stepping back abit to focus on other things. This would have to have a massive effect on Redbull don't you think, in a season plagued with issues already. He said he would concider a full time return if the regulations change. What does that say?

Probably annoyed because he's applied all his genius like usual, only to see it hindered massively by the power unit, which is out of his control.

I think most would agree that RBR is the best car aerodynamically, yet again.

2016 onwards the days of RBR superiority (aero-wise) could well be over. Vettel to Ferrari!

This has all been designed to stop other teams employing his services.

Red Bull are a complete mess. They need to be glad Daniel can drive a bad car well. The neutering of Newey is due as much to his lack of spunk [and spirit] as Mateschitz's chicanery. Perhaps the pressure of being expected to pull rabbits out of a hat, season on season has taken the shine off. Will we ever know?

I'd still rather be in the RBR garage than Mercs. Wolff is in over his head and Lauda can say one good thing the next, and be totally ridiculous the next. One would like to think they made a big mistake is ushering Brawn out of the team, but time will tell how that works out for then. I still cannot see Hamilton sticking around for very long in the team. Nico was more than happy to sign a contract extension, but Hamilton is stalling or doesn't want to, or doesn't know if he wants to. All point to not good signs for him. And if Nico clutches the title this year, I pity any team that thinks they can sort him out afterwards. I don't think even Ron would whip him back into shape.

I see Newey's part time status as one of a guy whose basically over how restrictive F1 is now rules wise. Thus it doesn't matter what Ferrari want to pay him. He needs a reset, time off to go design some America's Cup yachts, and chill. And RBR seem totally cool with that. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't just that little bit jealous of how cool they have treated him as his employers. They clearly value him that much and he's been there since day one. I also think he'd make a great Team Principal if he ever felt up to the task. When he talks... people listen.

I read a story from this website that Hamilton was offered another Mclaren contract. Wheather it's true or not I Beleive Mclaren is where Lewis's heart lyes tbh, I think he left for the money being offered from Mercedes for his services and that he was frustrated and believed he would get a fairer go somewhere else. Well truth be told, I think now he is starting to realise, he had a good kit at Mclaren. I think he might be a tad bit home sick IMO.

I can see Lewis heading back to McLaren too, well, Ron Dennis did say he wants a big name when Honda comes back next year, was he referring more to Lewis than Fernando? And would Fernando be enticed to go to Mercedes? Rather than McLaren? And where does that leave Ferrari? Hiring the Hulk? Ummmm back to Adrian, sorry guys, good on him for seeking new challenges, he has been a godsend to Redbull and he deserves all the success he gets, but if redbull start heading south down the grid, without success, do u think they will pull the pin? And sell to VW if that rumour is true

I can see Lewis heading back to McLaren too, well, Ron Dennis did say he wants a big name when Honda comes back next year, was he referring more to Lewis than Fernando? And would Fernando be enticed to go to Mercedes? Rather than McLaren? And where does that leave Ferrari? Hiring the Hulk? Ummmm back to Adrian, sorry guys, good on him for seeking new challenges, he has been a godsend to Redbull and he deserves all the success he gets, but if redbull start heading south down the grid, without success, do u think they will pull the pin? And sell to VW if that rumour is true

I honestly see Ferrari putting bianchi in a car before Hulkenberg.

Bah no. His accident with jules was enough, to blam jules when he had lost control of the car way before that was a bit amatuer IMO, unless he is the new felipe? Where nothing is his fault.

Max has been keeping up with Jules this year but last year he was consistently being beaten.

Plus, and more importantly, Bianchi is already part of some Ferrari young-driver programme. Like Red Bull, any team with 1 of these young-driver-development programs needs to show that it's worthwhile, and they can only do that by putting a driver in one of their cars who came up through their academy. Eg Daniel Ricciardo & Vettel.

Lewis will still win this year's title and he'll be all rosy again.

Bianchi is a really good driver, he really is, I do rate him, but I don't think his worthy of a Ferrari drive, not just yet, there is 2 drivers I can think of who are going well this year, and that's bottas and to a lesser degree, the hulk, but another driver who has impressed me is danii Kyvat, to go to Monaco, never turned a wheel there in real life and to plonk his car in the top 10 in qualifying, is a bit special

Yeah kvyat is really impressive, I agree Hulkenberg is well and truly worthy of a front running car, what more do they want him to proove? He can beat decent drivers, just ask Alonso what the back of his car looks like.

I fear hulkenbergs career will end up like Fisis, wastes his younger career in the midfield punching above the cars performance, then when he gets his long awaited big break, he has a team mate destined for stardom, I just hope it does not happen to nico, he comes across as a really nice young man