Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SwingOnTheSpiral

18" Rims Look Awesome

I personally don't think they "look better" I think they look like a lower category formula car now.

F1 has become a lower category now. How can any new fan to F1 take the dildo noses we're stuck with now seriously? Or the fact they sound like leaf blowers?

The sport should be ashamed of the way the cars look now.

The below is 7 years ago, now it looks like a glimpse into the future.

McLaren%20MP4-22%202007%20F1%20Car.jpg

Yeah absolutly, beautiful macca that aswell but my favourite is this

F12008_009-wallpaper.jpg

looks like a spaceship!

It does hey? Like you said, it's like looking into the future compared to the cars of today. Gone back in time, lol.

looks bloody stupid to me...... like for christ sake that car is just the dreams/nightmare of a frustrated wind tunnel designer given a free rain to make whatever he wanted to YUKbyebye.gif

The whole 18 in thing was ridiculous to me, but I guess its all about perspective. Once I saw this Photoshopped version which showed the car with 22" tires, I thought the 18" looked just fine :)

Album+v98UX+-+Imgur.jpg

Nope, I still don't like them, makes them look like a lower Formula car. Looks wrong IMO.

Isn't a fair proportion of the 'suspension travel' due to the flexing of the sidewall of the tyre? If they decrease the size of the sidewalls, that could cause repercussions in other areas.

The whole 18 in thing was ridiculous to me, but I guess its all about perspective. Once I saw this Photoshopped version which showed the car with 22" tires, I thought the 18" looked just fine smile.png

Album+v98UX+-+Imgur.jpg

Must be a pig to drive with different sized wheels on each side.........

Must be a pig to drive with different sized wheels on each side.........

Hahahaha lol just noticed that.

Thats good, but it doesnt address my point.

I know what you mean. At the beginning of 2009 the cars looked absolutely ridiculous but we were all used to it after 1 race.

I thought the same would apply to the lack of noise but I was wrong. I want loud screamers back.

Thats good, but it doesnt address my point.

I do know what you mean, but if things dont change and tradition and integrity is brought back into the sport how rediculous can that explaination be stretched? How long is a piece of string so to speak?

I know what you mean. At the beginning of 2009 the cars looked absolutely ridiculous but we were all used to it after 1 race.

I thought the same would apply to the lack of noise but I was wrong. I want loud screamers back.

Yeah I figured the same thing about the sound. Sadly Im still not happy. :(