Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

German Grand Prix

Well a another Rosberg pole as Lewis hits trouble again. Brilliant qualifying session for Williams, isn't Bottas driving super ATM? Good result for Magnussen and Ricciardo yet again beats seb. Kimi no where to be seen in terms of where alonso is. Williams could very well win here this weekend but iam hoping something will allow dan to take win number two.

Looks like yet another late night!

I think Rosberg will win but the main point of interest is what will happen to Hamilton. Will he be forced to start from pit lane? Will his dodgy knees hold up?

I am expecting a podium for Ricciardo, but not a win, unfortunately.

Great for Bottas, I think P2 is his to fight for and Massa will find a way to do badly in the race.

I think FRIC free F1 has affected some teams distinctly. Lotus, obviously, but the W05 looks much more pitch sensitive than it was with FRIC, said he, stating the obvious.

If Rosberg is still leading after turn one, then yeah, he will just pull away. But i don't think it will be as dominating as we have previously seen.

Well, the attendance at the 'Ring is shocking to say the least. There are a lot of factors here. Yes, the World Cup has emptied pockets all over Germany and there are other ways to watch the action nowadays but this is Scalectrix on steroids - isn't it? Lauda says fans can't tune in on their iPhones etc. I can...and iPad....and iMac. In the UK, both Sky and the BBC have apps that do that. The rest of the planet is catching up though. Poor old Niki. Mind you, these apps are driven from the TV feed which Bernie already charges the Earth for. None of the above are the reason for the decline of F1 in certain arenas though. It's regional, it's cultural and demographically specific. There is a common thread though. No punter gives a sh#t about how much this team or that team is spending but they do get mightily confused with the myriad and constant rule changes. There is an argument that if we were to return to V8/V10 configs, big boots and stick-what-you-like on the car the manufacturers would shy away. OK - good! I don't want Kia, Hyundai or even VW in Formula One. F1 is about thoroughbred performance, not economy and driving the damn thing is about being a Gladiator, not a software geek! Moreover, F1 is not cheap R&D for road cars. That's a myth. The odd innovation goes forward but the main business is centre on flouting an extremely stupid set of regs that have reduced the sport to a fairground sideshow that no one wants to have to buy the whole fair to see.

The Williams are fast. Excellent. K-Mag slaughtered Jens who, much to my ire, uncharacteristically blamed it on someone else. I am not surprised that cracks are beginning to appear in JB's demeanour. Dennis intended to get under his skin and has. Ron spent most of P2/3 and Quali in Kev's side of the garage and it was the Finn who copped first go at the new rear wing. Button has had his engineering team re-shuffled mid-season - Kevin hasn't. Last year he had the clout to call the shots on stuff like that but not now. Claire W made it clear that Williams have their drivers settled for next year and if Jenson does not rise to this challenge, which I am convinced he can then he is history as far as a top 5 drive for 2015 is concerned. I expect Lewis to burst through the field and win but Rosberg may have something to spoil the party. Bottas should be on the podium.

Well, the attendance at the 'Ring is shocking to say the least. There are a lot of factors here. Yes, the World Cup has emptied pockets all over Germany and there are other ways to watch the action nowadays but this is Scalectrix on steroids - isn't it? Lauda says fans can't tune in on their iPhones etc. I can...and iPad....and iMac. In the UK, both Sky and the BBC have apps that do that. The rest of the planet is catching up though. Poor old Niki. Mind you, these apps are driven from the TV feed which Bernie already charges the Earth for. None of the above are the reason for the decline of F1 in certain arenas though. It's regional, it's cultural and demographically specific. There is a common thread though. No punter gives a sh#t about how much this team or that team is spending but they do get mightily confused with the myriad and constant rule changes. There is an argument that if we were to return to V8/V10 configs, big boots and stick-what-you-like on the car the manufacturers would shy away. OK - good! I don't want Kia, Hyundai or even VW in Formula One. F1 is about thoroughbred performance, not economy and driving the damn thing is about being a Gladiator, not a software geek! Moreover, F1 is not cheap R&D for road cars. That's a myth. The odd innovation goes forward but the main business is centre on flouting an extremely stupid set of regs that have reduced the sport to a fairground sideshow that no one wants to have to buy the whole fair to see.

The Williams are fast. Excellent. K-Mag slaughtered Jens who, much to my ire, uncharacteristically blamed it on someone else. I am not surprised that cracks are beginning to appear in JB's demeanour. Dennis intended to get under his skin and has. Ron spent most of P2/3 and Quali in Kev's side of the garage and it was the Finn who copped first go at the new rear wing. Button has had his engineering team re-shuffled mid-season - Kevin hasn't. Last year he had the clout to call the shots on stuff like that but not now. Claire W made it clear that Williams have their drivers settled for next year and if Jenson does not rise to this challenge, which I am convinced he can then he is history as far as a top 5 drive for 2015 is concerned. I expect Lewis to burst through the field and win but Rosberg may have something to spoil the party. Bottas should be on the podium.

So.... in conclusion..... nothing that anyone else didn't expect.

So.... in conclusion..... nothing that anyone else didn't expect.

...and?

Thrilling race! I am grateful for all the action on the track this year, because as far as the championship fight is concerned, this is one of the most worthless championships ever (Lewis was at one time 4 seconds faster than Alonso, I mean...WTF?). Of course, it is also a thrilling championship if you are a fan of Lewis or if you like the song "Oops...I did it again!".

As for my man. I am so glad he is not in one of those Mercs. Probably he is not that thrilled being dubbed as Mr.Fifth (an illustrious title that once held Heidfeld, for example*). But, by George such good displays of racecraft in most races!

Trully impressed with Ric and Bottas this time more than any other. Precisely because they didn't have easy races this times more than any other. Watching Ric placing the car in the best places to rattle Alonso was awesome. Those are the signs of an intelligent driver. Ditto for Bottas holding back Lewis, although he was helped by a faster car on the straights. Lewis comeback from the back will be probably hailed as legendary, but I will disagree. With a car 2 seconds faster than any other it was not a matter of "if" but of "when". And it that he was a little bit too ragged. I've seen better comebacks here (Barrichello, Montoya), and much better comebacks from Lewis himself in the past. Still probably his most emotional one, and it ended up rather well so credits for the effort!

Shame about my guy Kvyat. Not his race.

Good for Button, another guy that has more than his share of fights. Lucky in his clash with Lewis (not his fault)

Massa...err...yeah yeah, not his fault...again. But the guy somehow manages to get dragged into these clashes.

Kimi...Kimi who? tongue.png He is making Nelsinho look like a better prospect as Alonso's teammate. And less grumpy and whiny, too.

(*) By the way, Frentzen is dating Heidlfeld. Heidfeld and Frentzen, sitting on a tree F-R-I-C-D-R-S-I-N-G-R-E-N-A-U-L-T-whatever.

http://thisisf1.com/2014/07/20/heidfeld-is-dating-frentzen/

And my man agrees with me (he is such a copycat!) :P

“Daniel is a surprise from Australia,” Alonso said. “I think he’s doing unbelievable; I think he’s seven-three [in qualifying] in the first ten races with Sebastian [Vettel], so it’s something we probably didn’t suspect.

“He’s driving fantastically and today he was battling very smart – always taking the slipstream of me after I pass him and braking very late, attacking very late and never missing a corner.

“He was very, very smart, very respectful with the rules and it was a great fight.”

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/12433/9388708/fernando-alonso-hails-unbelievable-daniel-ricciardo-after-close-german-gp-duel

How about the Sutil incident? Marshals running across the track, track a third blocked, but no Safety Car.

Oh I forgot about that. That was shameful! Really the lowest point of an otherwise excellent race.

Oh I forgot about that. That was shameful! Really the lowest point of an otherwise excellent race.

Yeah I forgot about that to, even Hamilton can't understand how the safety car wasn't deployed.

Yes, that gamble pulling Hamilton into the pits really did not come off.

No it didnt but never the less he drove incredibly well, Raikkonen finally showed some pace in the middle stint before dropping back, Bottas yet again finishes second, he is developing into a very fast driver.

I am not sure about Hamilton's drive. Coming from 20th to 3rd sounds fantastic, but then I think about how dominant that W05 is.

True, but entertaining none the least.

And that's what he has to do, gain respect from the big dogs. That alone will boost his confidence sky high, as only last season he would of dreamed to battle with these guys, and now doing it on a regular basis and usually coming out on top much to the suprise of everyone, he has prooved Australia was no fluke and he has just flourished so quickly. He also kept Hamilton behind for quite a while even when the merc had a 25kph advantage over the Redbull top end when using kers and drs, IMO driver of the day.

I found it funny that everyone is complaining about the absence of safety car, qualifying, brake failure, someone hit me, strategy, tyre graining, poor pity me etc. Alonso gets 5th and looks like he lost 10 bob and found a shilling. Quite a lot of whining, actually.

Meanwhile, one driver uses two words which were uttered by no other. Fun and badass.

How proud are we of this young man? He was probably adversely affected the most by the M & M first corner balls up and could actually have a right to complain, but no, his sunny personality shone through. This what he said:

"That was fun! Had to avoid lap 1 crash but charged hard rest of the race. Some badass battles. Good times glad @MassaFelipe19 is ok also!"

Definitely! My favourite part of the GP was Ricciardo vs Alonso. Even The Fonz was impressed!

Too true the best dice of the whole race and hats off to Alonso for his remarks about Ricci....

I found it funny that everyone is complaining about the absence of safety car, qualifying, brake failure, someone hit me, strategy, tyre graining, poor pity me etc. Alonso gets 5th and looks like he lost 10 bob and found a shilling. Quite a lot of whining, actually.

Meanwhile, one driver uses two words which were uttered by no other. Fun and badass.

How proud are we of this young man? He was probably adversely affected the most by the M & M first corner balls up and could actually have a right to complain, but no, his sunny personality shone through. This what he said:

"That was fun! Had to avoid lap 1 crash but charged hard rest of the race. Some badass battles. Good times glad @MassaFelipe19 is ok also!"

So good to have someone else here who knows how much this boy means to Australia. We have been waiting a long time for this boy, someone who will finally bring us another world crown. It's not going to happen this year but it will happen, he has the whole package and his attitude is what impresses me the most, always looking for the positive out of a bad situation, well done dan.

He has everything, doesn't he? Aptitude, attitude, humour, humility but the thing that took me by surprise this year is just how bloody quick he is! We knew he was fast, but he is devastating and he can race at close quarters with some noted hard arses, too. Fair, but formidable racers such as Alonso. Hearing Alonso's comments about Ricciardo stunned me, when did I ever hear such glowing praise from Alonso?

I doubt I have seen Ricciardo make a mistake this year, but then I may be slightly biased.

Sorry to wax lyrical about our boy, fellow forumites.

We can talk about cricket instead, if you like.

He has everything, doesn't he? Aptitude, attitude, humour, humility but the thing that took me by surprise this year is just how bloody quick he is! We knew he was fast, but he is devastating and he can race at close quarters with some noted hard arses, too. Fair, but formidable racers such as Alonso. Hearing Alonso's comments about Ricciardo stunned me, when did I ever hear such glowing praise from Alonso?

I doubt I have seen Ricciardo make a mistake this year, but then I may be slightly biased.

Sorry to wax lyrical about our boy, fellow forumites.

We can talk about cricket instead, if you like.

Same I knew he was fast but this fast is what has everyone suprised and no he hasn't made a mistake to my knowledge, he just keeps getting better and better.