Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Hungarian Grand Prix

Here a classic clip of Damon Hill winning his first ever race at the 1993 Hungarian Grand Prix.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/videos/5134/hungaroring-memories-hill-s-first-win-1993/

Who's your top 5 in qualify?

Ill go

1-Hamilton

2-Ricciardo

3-Rosberg

4-Alonso

5-Vettel

I said ricciardo second as iam hoping for a bit of luck, who knows could even get pole with how good this circuit should suit there car.

Barring incidents, top ten...

1 - Hamilton

2 - Rosberg

3 - Ricciardo

4 - Bottas

5 - Vettel

6 - Massa

7 - Button

8 - Alonso

9 - Magnusen

10 - Hulkenberg

...hope JB can get into the top four but it's a big ask.

Intresting, everyone still thinks merc will grab pole and most likely will. Apples going out on a limb saying both Redbull's will split the mercs, I said one but two would be nice. Think where in for a ripper of a race. A race on pure merit and skill more so than any other (except Monaco) so if Resbull are going to get close to merc, you would think this would be the place.

Well Rosberg on pole, another failure for Hamilton, suprised with Vettel's pace and well done. But once again the suprise for me was Valterri Bottas. Can't praise him enough, he himself thought they would be of the pace this weekend. Ricciardo in fourth, good run but hopefully he gets a decent start. But wtf with Ferrari? Telling Kimi he doesn't need to run again, how could they even take that risk? Also with kimi showing some good pace so far this weekend you would think they would've let him go again just incase, well I would have.

Q1 was very entertaining. Poor Lewis has had a poor run in quali lately. Vettel is finally getting something his way this year & Bottas is steadily improving race by race. Hopefully Bottas & Vettel can push Rosberg for the win tomorrow as I can't see Lewis crawling up too many positions. Hungaroring is a bitch to try & overtake at the best of times.

Q1 was very entertaining. Poor Lewis has had a poor run in quali lately. Vettel is finally getting something his way this year & Bottas is steadily improving race by race. Hopefully Bottas & Vettel can push Rosberg for the win tomorrow as I can't see Lewis crawling up too many positions. Hungaroring is a bitch to try & overtake at the best of times.

It was entertaining MIkaTG, and Bottas so far up the grid is excellent considering everyone says it's a 'top speed' car.

For any that are wondering about the gap to Massa, seems he isn't running the latest upgrades (new floor in particular, worth approx .250 sec per lap) due to 'a spate of accidents' leaving them short of parts whistling.gif

Didnt think about that, Williams crew would be working overtime to produce extra "wasted" parts. Good point.

This is nothing compared to webbers fortune he had over his whole career. Or even as bad as Johhny Herbert for that matter.

What an incredible finish that was! Brilliant win for Ricciardo, great drive from Alonso too but Lewis Hamilton take a bow. Started from the pit lane & finished on the podium at the Hungaroring is an immense effort out of him. Love him or hate him you can't deny that Hamilton drove brilliantly today.

Not to bad of a race.

Great drive by Lewis, Fred and Dan. Driver of the day for me has to go to Alonso. Dan/RedBull made the perfect call at the SC, If Alonso and Ferrari had made the same call i think Alonso could have won this one.

A big woot for Dan outta the fact that i'm an Aussie. Feel for Vettel, was having a great weekend till that SC. Small mistake cost him a podium i think.

What a race. Another classic.

Next person to moan about the 2014 season gets slapped with an eel by me.

What a race, "on ya boy" good on ya Danny what a drive. Tough one to call hey? I mean in terms of who was the top driver today. Dan obviously drove well, but what about alonso, man he can drive, that Ferrari shouldn't be up there and lewis, two races in a row from the back and two podiums, yeah the weather and incidents played a part, but hey, you still gotta bring it home, Vettel very very lucky not to do what Perez did. Like

Mentioned before, gotta feel for seb, his pace was pretty quick yet still seems to struggle. Wasn't doing to bad in the wet but once it dried out again he seemed to struggle. All in all a classic race and so pumped after Dans second win, couldnt happen to a nicer bloke, well done.

A great race, especially considering it was Hungary. Ricciardo has really surprised me this year, he's much better than I gave him credit for (and I didn't think he was a sloch last year either). Bottas got screwed by the SC, he might've had a shot at victory too today. What a lucky escape Vettel had!

Gotta feel for button don't you? I mean if it rained again then his decision was right in the money. Today I think showed everyone, what calibre of driver Jenson is.

Gotta feel for button don't you? I mean if it rained again then his decision was right in the money. Today I think showed everyone, what calibre of driver Jenson is.

The problem is that it wasn't JB's call but it should have been. You put on the tyre you need for that moment in the race. He knows that. When ever have the forecasts been correct?

Vettel did nothing wrong except perhaps start doing doughnuts before the checkered flag.

The problem is that it wasn't JB's call but it should have been. You put on the tyre you need for that moment in the race. He knows that. When ever have the forecasts been correct?

Mate when he passed ricciardo, I thought he had it in the bag, as those black clouds in the background looked like dumping some big rain, but it didnt happen.

Heroic Ricciardo and Alonso.

Riccardo messed up the start and got lucky with the SC. But he was cool and precise. The guy showed great skill. These are the kinds of races he needs to continue doing. Beating Vettel is (and was) always on the less meaningful side. It's step 1 of 100. Yesterday he advanced his case two-fold.

Alonso got lucky with the strategy even when it screwed him on the first SC. Still, he raced that tuna can like it could win the race. Bow to him. This is the guy Riccardo needs to be learning from.

Shame, shame on the Mercs. They have the fastest cars by two seconds at times yet they sink unless they have no one in front. And one of these two guys is this year's champion. What a sad, sad joke.

Sky pleasantly surprised me. It's like the memo that got lost for 7 years, finally got to the pundits. Not a single insult to Alonso the entire race. It is a first.

Dan did get lucky with the SC but they made a strategic call at the time, anyone could have done the same and it worked a treat, when the SC came out again, pitting for that new set of tyres got him the win, he got a free pit stop out of it.