Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso's Contract Loophole.

Yeah iam sure the car is kimi's issues. If he was as good as everyone sayes he would be right there with Alonso, the truth is he isn't and that's why he is so far behind, exactly like Vettel. Mate if Ferrari are going to win another title anytime soon, it's alonso, Ferrari had a better chance staying with Massa instead of kimi, I mean, least Felipe scored points didn't he?

I can believe he would want to leave, I do not believe Ferrari will come up with a WDC winning car before he retires, so two or three more seasons at another team has to be a better bet.

Where, though? I can only see McLaren as any sort of hope for him but I do think that would be more likely to get him that coveted third WDC.

There would have to be some changes, though. Dennis would have to give him No.1 driver status and that would not taste nice.

Don't know, I've always been under the impression Alonso would retire at Ferrari, he said that to himself once.

I think that was when he joined Ferrari and thought he was going to do a Schumacher!

I think he has had enough. He would have thought the clean sheet of paper for 2014 was an opportunity, but he now sounds like he does not believe.

This article sounds like someone who has given up.

http://www.inautonews.com/alonso-talks-down-ferraris-big-hope-for-better-2015#.U9Bi9VazT4E

Yeah maybe, but realistically, he has no better option than where he is. Does he?

I think that was when he joined Ferrari and thought he was going to do a Schumacher!

I think he has had enough. He would have thought the clean sheet of paper for 2014 was an opportunity, but he now sounds like he does not believe.

This article sounds like someone who has given up.

http://www.inautonew...15#.U9Bi9VazT4E

No, those are the comments of someone who was misquoted. Here's a more complete transcription

“After 14 years (there have been) many presentations that I saw and in August everyone is very very competitive, November even more, and January super, and in February only two or three are able to win.”

But he remained upbeat: “You should have a goal to see what is going to happen next year, everything remains to be seen, but there are good prospects and good feelings at the moment, with the performance that we can achieve next year, that’s our aim to keep improving, and try to use this year in the best way possible.

“There is a lot of room to improve, it’s not like other years where everything was more or less on the limit. I think the step between 2014 and 2015 cars will be a lot bigger than what we saw in the past.”

http://www.f1plus.com/en/news/item/6323-alonso-its-the-level-we-have-now

That article which I posted is a collection of quotes from different sources, not sure it can be said to misquote. Some of the references are from Auto Motor und Sport, a reputable publication. No idea about the Spansih publication.

I do not know, WebRic, if I was betting on McLaren or Ferrari at the moment, for 2015, I would go with the Honda powered chassis.

As shown on my previous post, that particular quote was incomplete, conveying the exact opposite of what was said. Hence, a misquote.

That comment was made in Alonso's contact with the press after qualy.

Tthe only other quote in that article is the AS quote, and there he only mentions that usually there are 2 or 3 teams per year that can win races, and nobody knows which three will be next year (the "crystal ball" phrase). Again, nothing indicating anything abnormal between Alonso and Ferrari, unless you look at it under the light of an incomplete quote.

Yeah it would be quite silly for alonso to leave, I mean I know everyone is getting spanked by merc, but this year is more or less a development year for this new formula. Maybe Button and Alonso know that there's light at the end of the tunnel, not to mention Fernando's recent sit down with Emerson Fittipaldi, he said to stay put as he believes next season Ferrari will be back, hard pill to swallow as time goes by and a title looks ever so far away. But alonso now IMO is what Schumacher was to Ferrari, he is Ferrari.

It might be best to look up misquote in the dictionary. Perhaps you mean Alonso was quoted out of context or that the quote was incomplete. Whatever, I do not come here to have an argument.

Exactly right.

If that the case, how much better is alonso then? My gosh he must be good.

I think Raikkonen has a problem with the car, but that does not mean the problem is all car, when Alonso can get it to perform.

I am not sure about this 'the car was built around Driver X' thing. As I have said before, a good or great driver will adapt.

There are a few highly rated drivers who seemingly cannot come to terms with the driving characteristics of the 2014 car. I would say some cars are harder to drive than others, but that does not wash when the team-mate is wiping the floor with him.

I think Raikkonen has a problem with the car, but that does not mean the problem is all car, when Alonso can get it to perform.

I am not sure about this 'the car was built around Driver X' thing. As I have said before, a good or great driver will adapt.

There are a few highly rated drivers who seemingly cannot come to terms with the driving characteristics of the 2014 car. I would say some cars are harder to drive than others, but that does not wash when the team-mate is wiping the floor with him.

Absolutly, just what I've been saying all along, a better driver will learn to adapt and be as competitive as possible, in some cases, even beyond that. So how does Raikkonen and Vettel fit into this realm of "great" drivers when the other who has the same car can extract alot more? That's where I question Vettel and Raikkonen's ability now. Even drivers further down the grid who wouldn't normally come close to these guys are doing better. It can't be car development as Vettel has been at rb and driving those cars longer than ricciardo, and Raikkonen is or was a proven bread winner, it's like he left his fighting spirit at lotus or something.

The only conclusion I can come to is they are not as good as we thought they were.

You never really know, do you, how good a driver is? We all have opinions but ti is only when drivers are matched in a team that we get to see who really has it. Based on 2014 to date, Alonso owns Raikkonen and Ricciardo owns Vettel. That can change, I would not draw conclusions after a limited number of races, but at this stage, both drivers are under-performing.

Youd think Kimi would cope given a rally car would be as slippery as all hell.

That's got nothing to do with it, hear how people rave on about how good ken block is because of all these awesome youtube clips. but in reality, he cant even make it into the top ten in a world rally event,as Andy said, the only conclusion is that there not as good as we expected, I mean ever since Raikkonen left sauber he has had a car capable of winning, some cars better than others so it allows more chance of victory, same with seb since his toro rosso days, every Redbull he has driven was the class of the field with the exception of 2009, but he still won 5 races that year I Beleive. So now they both find themselves in situations that require more than what they put in in the past and seems like they simply don't have it at this present moment.

That's got nothing to do with it, hear how people rave on about how good ken block is because of all these awesome youtube clips. but in reality, he cant even make it into the top ten in a world rally event,as Andy said, the only conclusion is that there not as good as we expected, I mean ever since Raikkonen left sauber he has had a car capable of winning, some cars better than others so it allows more chance of victory, same with seb since his toro rosso days, every Redbull he has driven was the class of the field with the exception of 2009, but he still won 5 races that year I Beleive. So now they both find themselves in situations that require more than what they put in in the past and seems like they simply don't have it at this present moment.

oh its got nothing to do with it, silly me!

No, those are the comments of someone who was misquoted. Here's a more complete transcription

“After 14 years (there have been) many presentations that I saw and in August everyone is very very competitive, November even more, and January super, and in February only two or three are able to win.”

But he remained upbeat: “You should have a goal to see what is going to happen next year, everything remains to be seen, but there are good prospects and good feelings at the moment, with the performance that we can achieve next year, that’s our aim to keep improving, and try to use this year in the best way possible.

“There is a lot of room to improve, it’s not like other years where everything was more or less on the limit. I think the step between 2014 and 2015 cars will be a lot bigger than what we saw in the past.”

http://www.f1plus.co...vel-we-have-now

To be fair, Alonso has been on the receiving end of so much spite since '07 that the poor guy has been forced to become some kind of zen master of public relations. The language jujitsu he uses could mean everything, nothing, or just about anything.

oh its got nothing to do with it, silly me!

You want to be like that, youtube Mark Webber and his Porsche, he's got some pretty handy drifting skills, do you think that aided his drivability. Maybe, but not enough to make any significant difference. Besides kimi couldn't really drive a rally car that quick either, struggling to even score points or even top ten finishes. I get this vibe if people don't agree with you, you get offended.

You want to be like that, youtube Mark Webber and his Porsche, he's got some pretty handy drifting skills, do you think that aided his drivability. Maybe, but not enough to make any significant difference. Besides kimi couldn't really drive a rally car that quick either, struggling to even score points or even top ten finishes. I get this vibe if people don't agree with you, you get offended.

lol

Raikkonen in a rally car was mainly about reasonable speed and lots of crashing!

I like Alonso, I think he has sublime car control and he tells it like it is, much to LDM's chagrin.

Overnight he has been quoted as saying Ferrari are going backwards. Meanwhile, Raikkonen is saying the 2015 car will suit him better.

I dunno......