Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Merc - Team Orders, Was It Right?

Was it right to ask lewis to move out the way for nico? Still abit close in the standings to play this game yet isn't it? Lewis is on the back foot now, of course Mercedes will want a German world champion in there car, thats what this will come down to now.

Sounds like this will heat up a bit, Mercedes have an issue at hand. But at the end of the day I think they will back nico over lewis just because he is German.

Why should Hamilton let Rosberg, his direct title competitor. And Hamilton was faster than Alonso too, but he couldn't pass him, why do you think that Rosberg would pass Hamilton? He couldn't even pass that ToroRosso.

Because his employer told him to.

I cannot find in my post where I said Rosberg would pass Hamilton. I said he did not try to pass him, because the team had told him that Hamilton was going to let him by.

You can't expect someone to give up 2-3 seconds. If Rosberg had come up to his Gearbox things may have been different. In the Ham v Ros for the title i'm on team Rosberg but you can't expect you teammate to wait for you on the side of the track.

They have both Championships in the bag, Now let them race for the WDC like they have said they would from day dot.

You can't expect someone to give up 2-3 seconds. If Rosberg had come up to his Gearbox things may have been different. In the Ham v Ros for the title i'm on team Rosberg but you can't expect you teammate to wait for you on the side of the track.

They have both Championships in the bag, Now let them race for the WDC like they have said they would from day dot.

That's right.

I'm not a F1 driver, but even I know it doesn't help your tyres, your cooling or anything for that matter if you sit up right behind another car. Rosberg knew this. Thus the points that people bring up about Rosberg not being all up in Hamilton's gearbox are moot. He was quicker at that point in the race, and a team order was given. Even in the slowest cases, a few laps go by and he's let past. Thus there would not be a need to degrade ones tyres sitting right behind the driver in front after a team order had been given. I'm not sure how I feel about this incident to be honest. Hamilton directly benefitted from team orders last year in Bahrain (?). Rosberg was way quicker, but he was told by Brawn to hold his position. He did what he was told, and said "Remember this day!". He didn't carry on like a moppy f**kwit that Hamilton has for the better part of the year, he copped it on the chin.

A similar situation pops up yesterday. Rosberg had the fresher tyres, and in my view was the faster driver at the point in time. Hamilton was only going to be getting SLOWER since he was not coming in for another pitstop. It's not my place to say if Merc's order was right or wrong, since I don't have access to the information they do. I will say this though, Lauda is still a P.O.S. He seems to be playing all sides at the moment. You can't say he wasn't aware of the team order. Yet he comes out and says Hamilton was right to refuse it. Would he be signing this same tune if Rosberg had ignored the order last year and passed Hamilton I wonder.

We will never know if Hamilton cost Rosberg the win. But for the last several laps he was absolutely flying. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it was a very possible win he could have had.

Now if Vettel had done this, and he has famously ignored team orders once in the past, he got crucified for it. He still does. Heck his supportors do as well. Yet somehow in all of this Rosberg of all people is painted as the bad guy here.

I for one am sick of seeing Hamilton's bad attitude win or lose. I still believe as I have all year long, he won't be at Merc next year, and he's already got the convenient reason as to why now.

Consider this, when Vettel has broken down in his car, people cheer and take joy from his misfortune, when it happens to Hamilton however, it's all a big German Conspiracy! even Rosberg gets smeared in all of this. Simple fact is cars breakdown. NO team in the modern era of F1 engages in any skullduggery to sabotage one of their drivers performances. That's already been taken care of by the sh*t tyres and fuel saving BS we get to enjoy each weekend.

I still hope Rosberg takes the title this year, because quite frankly no matter the perforamnces on track, Hamilton's demeanor and attitude stinks. If I were a Team Principal I would not want a driver like this, a non team player, a person who actually is doing damage to Merc's image by the consistant sulking, moping and childlike behaviour he seems incapable of not doing.

See now that a good post, we don't always argue do we? Or is this fake what iam saying?

Not saying he would have, but Hamilton did say i'll let him past when he gets to me. In my eyes Rosberg never put his car into a position to say to Lewis i'm here please swing wide and let me by.

All time checks have him 0.65 - 1.3 secs behind. So to me Rosberg shot himself in the foot by not moving forward.

1 Lap under the gearbox of a car isn't going to kill your race. Sitting 1sec behind a team mate because you want/expect him to pull to the side a give up 2-3 secs to everyone is just stupid.

I hope Rosberg doesn't make this mistake again.

Rosberg was just sitting there as if he was waiting for the call, almost like a prior arrangement had been made.

On our TV reporter said that Lewis said Nico has to get much closer if they want him let Rosberg pass!

hey Hamilton was in front of Rosberg...... To me that means he just keeps driving and let the guy behind PASS if he can.......... Stuff team orders...

It will be essential for Mercedes to win the WCC at all costs irrespective of driver considerations. However, I think it is just as important to Mercedes that a German win the WDC. Watch out for that. Methinks Lewis is headed back to Woking with Vettel to Stuttgart. Button to RBR or has JEV done enough?

Yeah Vettel to merc I can see aswell. I think like insider, Hamilton back to Mclaren and surely he would net them that major sponsor there after. Button to Redbull I can't see. What about Kvyat? To soon? Or possibly Magnussen?

Yeah now I've thought about it for a bit, I think Kvyat would be a good temate for Ricciardo.

Because his employer told him to.

I cannot find in my post where I said Rosberg would pass Hamilton. I said he did not try to pass him, because the team had told him that Hamilton was going to let him by.

That's the key I think. Rosberg didn't go for it 100% because the team told him that Hamilton would let him pass. In a couple of laps discussing it the chances of overtaking might disappear. The team clearly didn't want a fight between their drivers that could have both cars damaged or out.

One thing I'm sure is Rosberg would have let Hamilton by. So Mercedes already know who's the driver they should support for the WDC from now on.

Had Hamilton moved over, Rosberg had a chance of a win. Hamilton showed he is no team player yesterday.

It's his main rival for the title though - Mercedes have since acknowledged they were wrong to make the call. Niki Lauda has said Lewis was right to not move over.

DRS means if you are not fast enough to pass, you cant. Rosberg was nowhere near being able to pass Hamilton. If Hamilton let him pass Rosberg would have won.

This was a win for spectators.

Agreed

Now if Vettel had done this, and he has famously ignored team orders once in the past, he got crucified for it. He still does. Heck his supportors do as well. Yet somehow in all of this Rosberg of all people is painted as the bad guy here.

IConsider this, when Vettel has broken down in his car, people cheer and take joy from his misfortune, when it happens to Hamilton however, it's all a big German Conspiracy! even Rosberg gets smeared in all of this. Simple fact is cars breakdown. NO team in the modern era of F1 engages in any skullduggery to sabotage one of their drivers performances. That's already been taken care of by the sh*t tyres and fuel saving BS we get to enjoy each weekend.

I've not seen anyone suggest there's a conspiracy or sabotage.

The reason people jumped on Vettel was because his disobeyance of team orders was worse. In Multi 21 he was told again and again on the radio not to race Webber, they were even saying things like 'come on this is silly' yet he still ignored them in a display of immense arrogance. He also got jumped on a lot because he won a lot, and whoever's winning a lot gets all the abuse sadly.

One thing I'm sure is Rosberg would have let Hamilton by.

I strongly disagree!

It's his main rival for the title though - Mercedes have since acknowledged they were wrong to make the call. Niki Lauda has said Lewis was right to not move over.

Agreed

I've not seen anyone suggest there's a conspiracy or sabotage.

The reason people jumped on Vettel was because his disobeyance of team orders was worse. In Multi 21 he was told again and again on the radio not to race Webber, they were even saying things like 'come on this is silly' yet he still ignored them in a display of immense arrogance. He also got jumped on a lot because he won a lot, and whoever's winning a lot gets all the abuse sadly.

I strongly disagree!

Also IMO turkey 2010, that's where all this started. As for Rosberg, yeah as if he would have let lewis by. I watched nico's post race interview and he was asked if he asked the team to make lewis let him by, and he said no, that the team told him that they will tell lewis to move. So he sat back and basically waited. Has nico become a tad bit to c#cky now?

Mercedes duo is bound to crash each other soon - very soon. Team orders are not recognized or obeyed in Merc at this point and I don;t think will ever be at least the rest of the season.

It's out of whack and Toto doesn't have the control over them. He's not strong enough to calm his drivers like Brawn could.