Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Is Ricciardo Better Than Vettel ?

We are at half season already. We all know at this point that Dan is doing much better than Seb.

Dan is new to RB ( new car, new team, new everything) whereas Seb has been there and has won trophies with RB over the past years.

I thought at the start of the season that Seb will jump back and kick Dan's b@tt but I guess it did not happen.

Considering strategies, bad luck, good luck and all, who is better and who will dominate over the rest of the season?

I pick Ricciardo. I believe we haven't seen the best of him yet. More to come.

As for Seb, I do hope he gets his mojo back together for the sake of his future.

What do you guys think?

I expected Vettel to dominate Ricciardo, particularly in his first season. At the moment, I feel that Ricciardo is genuinely faster, but I would not write Vettel off.

I think RBR are surprised, too.

In the wet at Hungary seb looked pretty quick but once it dried up, he fell of again. The question is on my mind, has he done enough to take over and make seb take that rumoured Mercedes drive shortly?

I doubt it, I would think that Red Bull would try very hard to keep both drivers and I believe Vettel would have loyalty.

The big question is how the 2015 Renault F1 PU will perform. Hungary showed us that the RB10 chassis is very good, take the power dependence out of the equation and it would be very competitive at every track.

I am hoping that Renault get it together and that the lessons of 2014 have been learned and learned well. I am pretty sure it will have a turbocharger split in two with the intake impeller behind the air intake and the exhaust impeller next to the exhaust at the rear.

Then Australia can have a genuine, blue chip WDC challenger.

Lol could you imagine all the people who would jump on the ricciardo band wagon if he won a world title. Ones that wouldn't have an intrest in f1 any other time.

We are at half season already. We all know at this point that Dan is doing much better than Seb.

Dan is new to RB ( new car, new team, new everything) whereas Seb has been there and has won trophies with RB over the past years.

I thought at the start of the season that Seb will jump back and kick Dan's b@tt but I guess it did not happen.

Considering strategies, bad luck, good luck and all, who is better and who will dominate over the rest of the season?

I pick Ricciardo. I believe we haven't seen the best of him yet. More to come.

As for Seb, I do hope he gets his mojo back together for the sake of his future.

What do you guys think?

I think Vettel has had more bad luck than Dan, but Dan has outperformed him. At the beginning of the season it was a bigger gap in performance but its closing imo.

Danny Ric is the real deal. A match for anyone and has the beating of most out there on pace alone.

I very much dislike these topics of is Y better then X?.

There are a multitude of aspects to a driver. And to the whole Vettel v's Ricciardo, all i can say is it's to early to tell. Vettel has come from a car that was on rails and well last years STR8 was anything but. It's clear to me that Vettel is struggling a lot more out of the corners, getting the power to the ground was a major reason for Vettel's dominance. If he can get this right it could be a whole new story.

I'm a huge fan of Ricciardo and i think he has the ability to take it to Vettel at anytime in the same equipment.

I agree, it gets even worse when drivers from different eras are compared.

Vettel has not adapted well, I agree, like you I would also expect a revival at some point.

I very much dislike these topics of is Y better then X?.

There are a multitude of aspects to a driver. And to the whole Vettel v's Ricciardo, all i can say is it's to early to tell. Vettel has come from a car that was on rails and well last years STR8 was anything but. It's clear to me that Vettel is struggling a lot more out of the corners, getting the power to the ground was a major reason for Vettel's dominance. If he can get this right it could be a whole new story.

I'm a huge fan of Ricciardo and i think he has the ability to take it to Vettel at anytime in the same equipment.

To early to tell, where past half way through the season.

Many former champions have been beaten for half a season.

Hell many have been beaten for a full season.

You can't make a reasonable statement of Driver X v's 4 times Current World Champ based on 11 Races.

But that's what i saying though, does this current formula show that these particular drivers arnt as good as we first thought? As nearly all the current drivers have got to grips with the new spec cars. That's all iam saying. Vettel was unbeatable in the previous era of formula one, now it doesn't look that way.

I do agree with all of the above BUT I think when you look at the previous race when Dan passed Alonso and this race when he passed Hamilton it sure shows that not only has he got big balls but the guy has a very hight level of TALENT and also I suspect a great respect for the drivers he is passing, a bit like Mark Weber, but with a whole lot more determined grit to get it done and after he passes them he is off into the distance. A real mark of a champion in my opinion, somewhat like Seb but I feel a lot more relaxed it doing it which I reckon makes his job easier.

welllllll Vettel was better then his team mate by a lot, BUT Red Bull was superior to the rest

To early to tell, where past half way through the season.

Precisely my point. Not to mention Vettel is an RBR multiple champion already before a ROOKIE Dan arrived.

I do agree with all of the above BUT I think when you look at the previous race when Dan passed Alonso and this race when he passed Hamilton it sure shows that not only has he got big balls but the guy has a very hight level of TALENT and also I suspect a great respect for the drivers he is passing, a bit like Mark Weber, but with a whole lot more determined grit to get it done and after he passes them he is off into the distance. A real mark of a champion in my opinion, somewhat like Seb but I feel a lot more relaxed it doing it which I reckon makes his job easier.

I just watched a post race interview and yes he is so laid back and he even said he wants to improve, he still has a lot to learn and he said he believes he can go faster. Thats the

Difference between him and webber and its his aggression, to attack. He is an all out good bloke IMO.

There is a youtube clip of him overtaking Hamilton and Alonso in Hungary. The pass on Hamilton was 'great job, nice pass!' With a bit of woo hoo. The pass on Alonso was 'holyferkinsnappingduckSh#t, what was that!'

Lol could you imagine all the people who would jump on the ricciardo band wagon if he won a world title. Ones that wouldn't have an intrest in f1 any other time.

It'd be good for F1 though for a big country to suddenly get a lot more interested in our sport.

I don't think we can say Dan is 'better' than Seb, if they were team-mates last year Seb would've walked all over him. What we can say is that with these 2014 cars Dan is performing better than Seb.

The thing is with Seb he hasn't really had to think much about race strategy in the last 4 years because he just stuck it on pole and won so many times. Now he's still showing pace in quali sometimes but then often falls backwards in the race.

I'm eagerly awaiting the time when Dan has reason to be very angry, just to see whether it's possible for that smile to disappear!

[quote name='WebRic' timestamp='1406617252' post='363424']
But that's what i saying though, does this current formula show that these particular drivers arnt as good as we first thought? As nearly all the current drivers have got to grips with the new spec cars. That's all iam saying. Vettel was unbeatable in the previous era of formula one, now it doesn't look that way.
[/quote]

Can you name a driver on the grid this year that has had to adapt more then Vettel?

The last two races seen to show Vettel has started to come to grips with the car better. Take away the SC and his lapsed spin and Vettel was having the better weekend.

Vettel's race craft is his weekness, maybe due to a lack of practice from the last 4 years of Pole to Flag wins.

Dan's clearly having the better year to date, but we all know Vettel has always been good after the summer break.

I still think Dan will have the better year but i see a smaller points gap come the end of the season.

Yeah Kimi would be a close 2nd. And we all know what kind of job he is currently doing.

In my opinion Kimi is up against the most complete driver on the grid in Alonso.

Alonso could drive a childs peddle car into the points.

can you tell me WHY Seb is struggling with this years car??

No, I am not sure anyone does.

There is talk that he got used to having enormous rear end grip and Ricciardo never had that, but I doubt anyone really knows.

can you tell me WHY Seb is struggling with this years car??

Like Andy said. Apparently these cars this year are very light and tail happy under downshifting and that's something seb is struggling with. Apparently anyway.