Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Who's Better? Kvyat Or Magnussen?

Just a question, how do you guys think this two rookie are performing given the cars they have? IMO I believe there both doing quite well, but I thought Kvyat would choke being how young he is but I was wrong, he is bloody quick and doing quite well. Magnussen is quick aswell and has had some good results. But I'd have to say Kvyat IMO. Just a question, is it pronounced "vee-yat" or "kv-yat"?

I say Kvyat, he looks like he has a spark. Magnussen is impressing but not as much. Pronunciation, leave me out of that, I have a northern English twang.

British commentary pronounces it Kuvee-at.

Should've set up a poll! Kvyat is more impressive to me so far.

Yeah but iam on a iPhone. Kvyat is impressing but Magnussen is aswell, he qualified forth in Germany. Given there respected cars, vee-yat is doing better.

I know this is off topic but I don't think i've ever seen an interview with Jean Eric Vergne ever. F1's quietest ever contestant.

I have before, his accent is so think, maybe they avoid him, who knows.

Magnussen seems to work quite well with button also and from what I have seen, a very tidy racer to, drove a blinder in Melbourne.

We all know they have nothing, NOTHING on Markus Erriccson, his been the rookie impressing me the most , he finished 11 at Monaco, the hardest track of the year, to equal caterhams best ever result, I just look at him and go WOW!!!!!! What a talent lol, but no, it's Kyvat who is doing a amazing job to me, he has in my opinion ended Jean Eric Vergnes formula one career, and Magnussen is doing a steller job too, just give him 2 years, let's just hope he does not end up like his dad

Yeah I think JEV has the door shut in his face to. Havnt watched much of Ericsson tbh, it's tough to choose over Kevin and dan, you have to look at the cars they have and go from there. In that case I think kvyat is slightly more impressive. Probably because I doubted him more so than Magnussen. I didnt hear much at all about kvyat but Magnussen was blown out before he got to f1. Similar to the latest fad of trying to grab young max Verstappen.

Lol perhaps, wouldn't it be funny if they end up teammates somewhere along the line.

Yeah I doubt this Verstappen will replace this Magnussen.

Ericsson is very average, if not terrible. Has spun out way too many times this season. Wasn't expecting much of him though as he only managed 6th in GP2 last season.

I don't think lower categories do justice for any driver. Mark Webber never won a championship outside karting, yet got to formula one and after some time though I might say, he became a formidable force towards the front of the grid.

For me i'd have to say at this stage Magnussen by a hair. Would be nice to see a more reliable STR9 because i'm certain they would have more then the 17 points they currently have.

For me i'd have to say at this stage Magnussen by a hair. Would be nice to see a more reliable STR9 because i'm certain they would have more then the 17 points they currently have.

True about Tr.

I don't think lower categories do justice for any driver. Mark Webber never won a championship outside karting, yet got to formula one and after some time though I might say, he became a formidable force towards the front of the grid.

Indeed. Liuzzi dominated F3000 and didn't really make it in F1. Button was plucked from F3 after only 1 season (in which he came 3rd).

Maldonado was a major force in GP2, now he's a laughing stock!

Kvyat and Magnussen are neck and neck in my book. Either way you look at it, they're both competitive against their much more experienced teammates.

I guess the real question is do you want to compare KMag and Kvyat on the basis of their machinery, or their teammates. Either case, I'd say Magnussen is the more impressive overall, though Kvyat is showing he is a natural.

All said, I'll be watching Kvyat very closely next year. Just a year under his belt and he's already looking like he deserves a better car.

Kvyat and Magnussen are neck and neck in my book. Either way you look at it, they're both competitive against their much more experienced teammates.

I guess the real question is do you want to compare KMag and Kvyat on the basis of their machinery, or their teammates. Either case, I'd say Magnussen is the more impressive overall, though Kvyat is showing he is a natural.

All said, I'll be watching Kvyat very closely next year. Just a year under his belt and he's already looking like he deserves a better car.

Well said.

Indeed. Liuzzi dominated F3000 and didn't really make it in F1. Button was plucked from F3 after only 1 season (in which he came 3rd).

Liuzzi is unbelievably quick in karts to. Former karting world champ.

This could apply to Kimi too. Made his F1 debut after becoming Formula Renault UK 2000 champion with no F3 or F3000 experience. Went on to become an F1 champ.