Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caesar

Vettel And Raikkonen

People what are your thoughts on Vettel and Kimi this year. I hoped that Kimi will go to RedBull and beat Seb, because i really don't like Seb . I think that he is overrated, and i never saw potential of Fred , Ham and Kimi in him. It was always start from pole or first row, first after first corner and gone for the whole race. RedBull cars were rockets most of the seasons.

But this situation for me is even better as Fred fan.

I really enjoy this. icecream.gif

I really can't put my finger on it tbh. The two most fastest guys everyone raves about are the two still struggling ATM, but seems seb is slowly coming to grips with things. Kimi on the other hand, that's a hard one, from the outside, it looks like motivation and not putting in the effort like alonso does. But that of course would not be the case as iam sure Ferrari wouldn't hire a un motivated driver. All I can come up with is that it's not there cars there driving as both there respected teammates are killing them, I think they just seem to struggle with this whole new formula in its entirety. Maybe kimi and seb can't feel comfortable driving like they used to.

I can understand Kimi struggles, Ferrari isn't car to be proud of! But that Red Bull is behaving very well on track, so Seb as 4x WDC should do much better IMHO! Good driver should be competitive with that car !

Yea but same for kimi in a sense. Look at Fernando, he is blitzing him and people were saying it would be the other way around 6 months ago. Even Massa was doing better than what kimi is ATM. So is it that kimi just isn't comfortable and finding it alot harder to adapt driving style than alonso or is alonso just that much better? As for Vettel, I think in the early stages he was having to many issues before he could get comfortable with the car at each circuit. That snowballed and only now he seems to just be chipping his way back. But IMO and iam not being biast on the slightest, just saying what I see and that's dan, he is the real deal IMO. Not just some hot shot kid who will only be here once in a while but a driver with a very succesful career ahead. 11 races in 2 wins and most of all, no mistakes.

Alonso said two prophecies before this season, and was accused of "jealousy":

1) "Interesting times are coming for Vettel" once he had to prove himself in a car that was not on rails.

2) "Kimi is no faster than Massa"

All hail Fernando, he who sees what was and what will be.

He's spot on so far. What I find incredible with him is, the car will be slow all weekend but come race day he is right up the front and setting times others are having difficulty beating if they do, its like friday and saturday are just warmups for him, almost impossible to pass and unbelievably consistantly quick.

People what are your thoughts on Vettel and Kimi this year. I hoped that Kimi will go to RedBull and beat Seb, because i really don't like Seb . I think that he is overrated, and i never saw potential of Fred , Ham and Kimi in him. It was always start from pole or first row, first after first corner and gone for the whole race. RedBull cars were rockets most of the seasons.

But this situation for me is even better as Fred fan.

I really enjoy this. icecream.gif

Seb sucks and has always been over-rated.

I really can't put my finger on it tbh. The two most fastest guys everyone raves about are the two still struggling ATM, but seems seb is slowly coming to grips with things.

I dont recall much raving about Seb. Most of it was "Lets see how he goes in a crap car" and now we know.

Be ready for the awesome excuses by the Vettel fans as apparently 11 races in is still premature to make a decision, wouldn't be premature to sack someone if there wernt performing.

Wonder where he will go when or if he eventually leaves Redbull.

Wonder where he will go when or if he eventually leaves Redbull.

For example , he can go to Mclaren right now, he has showed more than Button or Magnussen.

Yeah possibly, but I see Vettel leaving before dan and it will become dans team. I can't see dan driving for anyone else ATM, but then again I could never picture kimi in a Ferrari let alone twice. That's wht I asked because other people's opinions like this really open up another avenue.

Kimi has had an average season in an average car. It's almost like Massa all over again, losing that mojo he had. Vettel has had a bad year but it was bound to happen at some stage in his career. Vettel will bounce back soon enough I reckon. Kimi however, I reckon he has another year with Ferrari until he's sent packing for 2016. I could be wrong though I mean they kept Massa for a few years after his pace disappeared.

Yeah possibly, but I see Vettel leaving before dan and it will become dans team. I can't see dan driving for anyone else ATM, but then again I could never picture kimi in a Ferrari let alone twice. That's wht I asked because other people's opinions like this really open up another avenue.

Dan is , for now, complete driver beating 4xWDC. I think all teams have him in their sight.

Kimi has had an average season in an average car. It's almost like Massa all over again, losing that mojo he had. Vettel has had a bad year but it was bound to happen at some stage in his career. Vettel will bounce back soon enough I reckon. Kimi however, I reckon he has another year with Ferrari until he's sent packing for 2016. I could be wrong though I mean they kept Massa for a few years after his pace disappeared.

Yeah but at this stage, Massa was faster and more competitive.

From other forum:" I think it is time for Seb to get a new chassis " . icecream.gif

That could potentially happen soon. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Seb joining Mercedes next year. They'd love an all-German line-up & I don't fancy Hamilton staying at the team much longer, especially if Rosberg wins the championship.

I think the Hamilton situation will depend on this year's WDC.

If he does not win, the paranoia will rack up from enormous to untenable.

On Vettel, if Renault produce a competitive PU for 2015, I think he will stay with Red Bull. Otherwise, he will be looking for Mercedes or Honda power, dependent upon how Honda perform in 2015.

Where will Ricciardo go when he leaves Red Bull? Wherever he damn well pleases!