Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

The Button Saga

It's got nothing to do with the age - in numbers. When I said a YOUNG 35 , it means a person who's 35 but feels or perform younger than that. GEEZZ I can;t believe you don't know this term.

Jenson is more of a SPENT rather than just 35 or something. Frankly I don't even know his actual age.

And stop comparing Jenson to Schumi or Alonso. Stop kidding yourself....

Lol I forgot I was lord of the buttonites. If he retires I'll have to think of a new tag.

Jenson competes in triathlons so please clarify why you feel he can't perform younger than his age?

I don't recall comparing Jenson to Alonso or Schumi. I was merely questioning your point that Jenson was finished because he's the oldest, by pointing out that Alonso is the same age. So far you've done nothing to explain why Alonso isn't also 'spent'

More like mid-field team if he's ULTRA-Lucky.

He's done. Just accept that.

Well if he doesn't get a contract for 2015 I will certainly accept it.

Your opinion is of course valid, however it appears to be based on nothing whatsoever, hence my continual questioning

Now I regret replying to this thread. I didn't know that Button is a Religion here.

BYE ! no more replies from me on this thread. byebye.gif

Lol I forgot I was lord of the buttonites. If he retires I'll have to think of a new tag.

Jenson competes in triathlons so please clarify why you feel he can't perform younger than his age?

I don't recall comparing Jenson to Alonso or Schumi. I was merely questioning your point that Jenson was finished because he's the oldest, by pointing out that Alonso is the same age. So far you've done nothing to explain why Alonso isn't also 'spent'

Did you see the last race ? Didn't you know that Alonso was in 2nd with a crappy Ferrari ? You call that SPENT ?

Maybe you need to change your religion soon from Buttonites to Alonsoisim lol

Really now. Bye. Sorry to mess with your Religion.

dam.gif

It's been a while since I had a Button fight, and I thank you for being the one to let me get it out of my system.

Hey all I wanted was for you to provide some kind of backup or explanation to your views, that's all.

No Button religion on gptoday; but it is a religion in Frome which is where I'm going tomorrow!

Did you see the last race ? Didn't you know that Alonso was in 2nd with a crappy Ferrari ? You call that SPENT ?

Maybe you need to change your religion soon from Buttonites to Alonsoisim lol

Really now. Bye. Sorry to mess with your Religion.

dam.gif

Oh well now at least I'm starting to understand what you mean; it's actually nothing to do with age despite what you said earlier. So your argument actually is that Button should be doing a lot more in that mclaren?

I definitely wouldn't call Alonso spent. I thought you were saying Button was spent due to his age, because when webric said age means nothing, you said it does in f1. Then later you said it's regardless of his age, so I was naturally confused.

You're welcome to Button-church any time by the way, we welcome all new followers.

Schumi is SPECIAL. And also Schumi was a young 35.

I never said that Jenson is old based on his age. I said his Done - and by that I meant he's Spent / Finished regardless of his age.

You got my point now too ?

. You get out of the wrong side of the bed or something?

McLaren in 2015 with a Honda beautiful jewel howling away behind him.

Reasons, I think McLaren need the stability, Button is very appealing to sponsors and Honda, there are not that many options for McLaren unless Alonso invokes a performance clause, which I doubt.

I think judging Button on his performance this year is fundamentally flawed, due to the car. I did not like Dennis's 'motivational' comments, I doubt Button ever gives less than 100%, but that is all it was, Ron trying to push. I doubt Button needs pushing.

The other word I did not use earlier is continuity. I think McLaren need that, given all the other changes.

Well that's it. The most success they've had in the past 20 years has been continuity hasn't it? coulthard, Hakkinen and even further back Senna and Berger.

He's the oldest on the grid.

He's DONE !

...and Alonso is how old?

I think judging Button on his performance this year is fundamentally flawed, due to the car. I did not like Dennis's 'motivational' comments, I doubt Button ever gives less than 100%, but that is all it was, Ron trying to push. I doubt Button needs pushing.

The other word I did not use earlier is continuity. I think McLaren need that, given all the other changes.

Good post - excellent point.

Everyone is assuming that Honda are going to come up with this state of the art engine n blow the grid away, there most recent assault on F1 between 2000 n 2008 only resulted in 1 Grand Prix victory n didn't come close to threating either championships over those years, Honda make good engines, but it's not the magic trick that Mclaren are looking for to change their fortunes, they need to woo back Adrian newey, or someone who has a idea how to pen a car together, the drivers will finish the job off

That is true but there engines were pretty powerful. Just look at 97 with the mugen-Honda Jordan ran. It was a weapon on fast circuits like hockenhiem,spa and monza.

Johnny Herbert qualified 4th back in the 1994 Italian GP with the Lotus Mugens, over the last 20 years, I think Mugen power has had more Victories than the works engine, I think it's 4 to 1 from memory?

Hey, you are bursting my bubble!

I doubt anyone is assuming anything, but we are hoping. As far as engineering goes, they can do it. I see it as a balance between the ability to develop the PU for a year versus the other manufacturers having a season worth of experience. As an engineer, I would take a year of development against a year of experience and restricted ability to develop.

Does anyone think that McLaren have been provided with B grade PU's due to Mercedes unwillingness to expose them to the full monty technology?

I think they will be good too big Andy, she's all good! We have Williams back up the sharp end of the grid, we need the Maccas up there too now, we don't need a soft drinks company always winning, it just does not seem right