Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

M. Kaltenborn Is Useless. Sauber Should Fire Her.

I've been a sauber fan since Johnny Herbert joined them in 1996. Don't know why but I always had a soft spot for JH.

I've been a sauber fan since Johnny Herbert joined them in 1996. Don't know why but I always had a soft spot for JH.

I think we all did.

He's a pundit on Sky sports now and still obvious that he's a top bloke

Been saying this for ages,

She put Sauber in red. She doesn't have the appeal for F1. Fire her already !

Sauber withdraws from Silverstone testing

Date published: July 6 2016

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Monisha_Kaltenborn

Sauber have announced that they will not be joining the rest of the F1 grid during in-season testing at Silverstone next week after the upcoming British Grand Prix.

The cash-strapped outfit cited it will be too costly for them and would rather save their resources for race weekends.

Adding to their disappointment, the team also won’t be able to gather any information on a new aero package that they were set to test, moving back its’ introduction to later in the season.

Sauber boss Monisha Kaltenbron has made no secret of their current financial situation, while team manager Beat Zehnder is confident that the team will continue putting in a 100% effort regardless.

Not good, Felipe Nasr expressed his concerns after Austria with wehrleins point, prooved how far behind dauber has fallen plus I don't think they have upgraded there car since the start of the season.

They have nothing to test, so, why pretend otherwise? Money on the way suppose to be a good thing.  Like Wolff is a co-owner of Mercedes F1, so is Kaltenborn of Sauber F1. My understanding is, that more than one tier 2 teams were quietly on the market for very long time, but no buyers. Now with new financing they look towards future, but for how long, that remains to be determined.

I couldn't let someone run a team into the ground bearing my name, if I was Peter I would get rid of here. Sauber have a quick car but just can't do anymore due to funding.

5 hours ago, Emmcee said:

I couldn't let someone run a team into the ground bearing my name, if I was Peter I would get rid of here. Sauber have a quick car but just can't do anymore due to funding.

+1

If I was Peter I would either sell the team or fire her as clearly she isn't doing her job in any aspect.

Sauber was (is?) for sale for very long time, but no buyers, thanks to FiA/FOM policies. Mr. Sauber seems happy with MK.

MK is ruining if not totally ruined Saubers good name. The GVD saga prove that.

But she bought into the team so he can get rid of her. And he stuck up for her and stood behind her during the GVD thing.

I will always have a soft spot for Peter for having the vision and faith in Kimi, but he's either blind or simply cannot see how much MK has damaged his team.

Send MK to Mercedes! Problem solved. She can then be Toto's problem.

1 hour ago, KoolMonkey said:

MK is ruining if not totally ruined Saubers good name. The GVD saga prove that.

But she bought into the team so he can get rid of her. And he stuck up for her and stood behind her during the GVD thing.

I will always have a soft spot for Peter for having the vision and faith in Kimi, but he's either blind or simply cannot see how much MK has damaged his team.

Send MK to Mercedes! Problem solved. She can then be Toto's problem.

I do not have any strong opinion one way or another on this topic, but I would agree that Peter Sauber is one of the most honest guys in the business, and he has proven that in the past. What bothers me slightly, is easiness with which MK is being dragged through mud based mostly on script found in highly partisan media and an element not know for accuracy, or any respect for decency. Put it differently, I am really not confident, that we have accurate and complete information about some of those highly publicized incidents. She is a lawyer, she has Peter's council, and she is not a dummy. Whole thing as ascribed on the internet makes not too much sense. Plausibility is not there.

Monisha owns half the team. She has a buyer - Ericsson's backers - and they will keep the name. That is my understanding.

So ericcson will have a full f1 career now at Sauber I take it?

My information is different, but not much. I thought she initially purchased 1/3 of shares, but admittedly that might have changed, and announcement escaped to me,

Investment by Ericsson's backers is the same what I heard, but there is only some kind of arrangement for 2017. MK might leave in 2018, name might change, moved to elsewhere, who knows. They did not made official announcement yet. 

Ever since BMW removed the backing from that team they have done nothing but struggle.

10 hours ago, Sakae said:

I do not have any strong opinion one way or another on this topic, but I would agree that Peter Sauber is one of the most honest guys in the business, and he has proven that in the past. What bothers me slightly, is easiness with which MK is being dragged through mud based mostly on script found in highly partisan media and an element not know for accuracy, or any respect for decency. Put it differently, I am really not confident, that we have accurate and complete information about some of those highly publicized incidents. She is a lawyer, she has Peter's council, and she is not a dummy. Whole thing as ascribed on the internet makes not too much sense. Plausibility is not there.

That's what puzzles me so much about Peter. The GVD saga should never have gotten to the courts. Especially since MK was a lawyer. She must then be either too clever and thus ultimately an idiot or so arrogant as to think she was "safe". And Peter was there supporting her the whole time when we were all hoping he'd be the honest standup person that he is and remove her.

The fact she's not at races anymore... I don't think it has to do with her securing financing. She can easily jump on a plane to visit the pitlane for a race or two. So something else is going on here. If she is indeed trying to sell, good. The sooner she is gone from that team the better. I get no ounch of racing pedigree or desire from her.

Iam exactly the same monkey, she comes across as having to be there not wanting to be there. Just some of her comments and actions to me, make me think a jar of olives would have given her a run for her money.

On 2014/08/09 at 3:35 PM, Quiet One said:

She said that they don't need a COMPLETELY new car. That they know the car looks bad, but they also know the weaknesses and they think they may address it. How do you know that's not true?

Considering that she is the team principal, with intimate knowledge of the things she is talking about, whereas your reading comprehension skills are subpar I think it is you who should be fired of whatever thing you do, as obviously a person that can't understand a simple interview (not to mention making a simple reasoning, your first two paragraphs contradict themselves and make no sense) should not be allowed to work, or study, without going back first to elementary school.

Or, at the very least, you should PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU READ before making those statements.

funniest thing I've read in a long time