Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

M. Kaltenborn Is Useless. Sauber Should Fire Her.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:12 AM, Sakae said:

What I find interesting, that a finance entity, which has audited current situation of F1, and has therefore quite accurate information on state of the business, wants to invest, and take over where Peter left it. Makes one wonder what kind of budget they have allocated, because 300 employees on the current payroll is not enough to get them out of Tier 2 group. (Merc has 1400 I recall Wolff was saying).

Well.....looks like I finally figured out the quote function....

Anyhow, 300 people to keep two cars going strikes me as an absurd waste of money in the bigger picture of things. 1,400 people is a staggering figure. But....you know my recommendation on that.

Anyhow, no one goes into F1 as a "business." It is a passion, a very expensive passion that usually does not end well for the owner.

1 hour ago, Ruslan said:

Well.....looks like I finally figured out the quote function....

Anyhow, 300 people to keep two cars going strikes me as an absurd waste of money in the bigger picture of things. 1,400 people is a staggering figure. But....you know my recommendation on that.

Anyhow, no one goes into F1 as a "business." It is a passion, a very expensive passion that usually does not end well for the owner.

Passion? Maybe, but why then take F1 to court? 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:44 AM, Sakae said:

Passion? Maybe, but why then take F1 to court? 

Because they want a more level playing field. Can't blame a competitor for that, now can you?

2 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Because they want a more level playing field. Can't blame a competitor for that, now can you?

Makes one wonder whether they had taken time to read CA before signing it. Had they refused to accept it, and then taken FOM to court, I would have more understanding for their cause.

A lot of these contracts are contracts signed in with others so if you breach one or doing something or whatever, it breaches many others and most of the time teams and drivers are forced to do a lot of things they don't want to or think is fair but because it conflicts with so many others, they choose to cop it.

48 minutes ago, radical-one said:

been saying this for 3 years !!!

Team principal Monisha Kaltenborn leaves Sauber!

motosport.com

Multiple sources have said Kaltenborn has left her position, though the Swiss team has yet to officially confirm the news.

It is believed the new owners and Kaltenborn could not reach an agreement over how the team should be run.

Sources have suggested one of the issues was the treatment of the outfit's drivers Marcus Ericsson and Pascal Wehrlein.

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

motosport.com

yeah and Sauber did not have any Positive result ever since Kaltenborn was the Chief. It's all but downhill. 

3 hours ago, radical-one said:

yeah and Sauber did not have any Positive result ever since Kaltenborn was the Chief. It's all but downhill. 

I am indifferent to Kaltenborn's style of management, however she could perhaps receive some credit for surviving in environment where high level of resources is essential for achieving existential objectives, and she didn't have too much of it. Situation however begs a question, why struggle with minimal resources, instead turning lights off? It's not like they haven't tried this and that, but after all failed, was there a point to prolong the struggle? It is noted that she was in strained relationship with Mr. Sauber, and now new owners as well. Not a best part of her CV.

Yea, she kept the team alive, which is better than many team managers have done. The interesting question is why she was fired.... was is really because she refused to favor Ericson!

Well, it all looks pretty questionable. But, this is far from the first time that a sponsor has interfered with driver decisions. Feel sorry for Wehrlein (and Nasr).

Well, it all looks pretty questionable. But, this is far from the first time that a sponsor has interfered with driver decisions. Feel sorry for Wehrlein (and Nasr).