Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Tony Stewart Incident

It is best to be careful what we say, but I am in a state of shock over this. No question Ward should not have been there, but I felt Stewart could have avoided him, at best. There have been suggestions that he tried to spray dirt on Ward by blipping the throttle, but I do not think the evidence is conclusive, certainly what I have seen, anyway. The backend did appear to step out and it was the rear tyre which made the contact.

Wearing a black suit and helmet at night, what you expect will happen if you run out in the path of oncoming cars? They've got no headlights, the car infront swerved and avoided him but I think Stewart wouldn't have know what the car infront was swerving at so it was a shorter window to react. I Beleive it's just a freak accident. Bottom line, if he didnt run out in a heat fuelled rave he would still be here.

Can't say I've ever heard of him but it's always a tragedy when we have a loss of life in motorsport. I was totally confused by the BBC description of what happened, it said he got out to confront Tony Stewart, whose car hit him??

Can't say I've ever heard of him but it's always a tragedy when we have a loss of life in motorsport. I was totally confused by the BBC description of what happened, it said he got out to confront Tony Stewart, whose car hit him??

Yes, it wasn't very clear. Basically Ward got out of the car and walked on the track to confront Stewart who was still driving around, unfortunately he then got hit by Stewart's car.

Wearing a black suit and helmet at night, what you expect will happen if you run out in the path of oncoming cars? They've got no headlights, the car infront swerved and avoided him but I think Stewart wouldn't have know what the car infront was swerving at so it was a shorter window to react. I Beleive it's just a freak accident. Bottom line, if he didnt run out in a heat fuelled rave he would still be here.

There was the suggestion on forums/twitter, etc, that people heard Stewart 'gun' his car and this caused him to fishtail and hit Ward. I have no idea about Stewart and if he is generally liked or not, but that could just be Stewart haters causing trouble or something. Somebody suggested that Stewart's temper got the better of him and he should pay, but again, it could just be people stirring, as seems to be the way these days.

Agreed, though, Ward should not have been there. Obviously, you can see that the red mist has descended, but even so, you would still think at some point in the seconds leading up to it, as other cars are going past him, that it might not be the best idea to be walking on the track. Very sad.

Confront him after the race, not in the middle of the race, it was just a racing incident, tony I don't think meant to punt him into the wall, I do feel like as though it was a accident, n poor tony has to live with the consequences that his driving caused the death of another driver, a accident that should not have happened, simple as that

Confront him after the race, not in the middle of the race, it was just a racing incident, tony I don't think meant to punt him into the wall, I do feel like as though it was a accident, n poor tony has to live with the consequences that his driving caused the death of another driver, a accident that should not have happened, simple as that

abdolutely