Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going through my old photos and came across two old pics:

First is one of Ayrton Senna taken by my friend Ray Ninness a professional photographer on May 1st 1994 - the day of his death. I love this photo. I have only scanned/loaded a low-res version (the original is large), as if you want a larger version - you'll have to buy one from Ray - he is on http://www.f8photos.com/ - a larger than life character himself.

The second is from a test day in Silverstone with Michael Schumacher on 1st June 1995 prior to the Canadian GP. I have separately written up this day and posted other photos.

C

post-2532-0-32713400-1407837780_thumb.jp

post-2532-0-73121200-1407837793_thumb.jp

Aww, Grabbers...you got me all excited that it was some schexy pics of you and your Mrs, old chum :P Or you and whatsherface from Spice Girls. Your other wife.... :P

Do you think maybe Mikey-boy was off to fine tune the Launch Control? whistling.gif

Aww, Grabbers...you got me all excited that it was some schexy pics of you and your Mrs, old chum tongue.png Or you and whatsherface from Spice Girls. Your other wife.... tongue.png

No, I store those on a different forum controller.gif:)

Do you think maybe Mikey-boy was off to fine tune the Launch Control? whistling.gif

Or practising how to park on Rascasse..... :)

Aww, Grabbers...you got me all excited that it was some schexy pics of you and your Mrs, old chum tongue.png Or you and whatsherface from Spice Girls. Your other wife.... tongue.png

Of course, I also found the pictures when Max Mosley came round to my house with C-E-N-S-O-R-E-D and 3 tubs of whipped cream and C-E-N-S-O-R-E-D with a himalayan mountain goat and C-E-N-S-O-R-E-D jack-boots.

:)

Ray (who took the pic) told me that he had photographed him many times before but said on that day Ayrton was not his normal self.

I heard about that, seems the death of Ratzenberger put things into perspective a bit more. Watching the "Senna" film and even professor Sid Watkins asked him why he keeps doing it after all the success he has achieved, hang it up and we'll go fishing. He told Sid he simply couldn't as it was his blood, less than 24 hrs later he was gone. I remember it so well,

2 days before my 10th birthday all I wanted was for Senna win and score some points as Schumi had won every race so far. Who could have even imagined what was about to happen.

No, I store those on a different forum controller.gif:)

Or practising how to park on Rascasse..... :)

You mean the Ferrari parking spots?

514662064_5cb29a1c07.jpg

Pity the Cozza in the back of his Williams that year was an absolute pig.

Much more reliable than when webber had it. Can't compare 06 to 07 interms of reliability.

Much more reliable than when webber had it. Can't compare 06 to 07 interms of reliability.

Oops my bad. Thought the pic you posted was Schumi's 'parking' incident in 06 but now that I think of it, Schumi parked his at the very end of Q3.

Yea that's when kimi and felipe tried to go around that corner holding hands.