Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Will Power

Andy, that one is as bad as calling a Brazilian with a rubber toe, Roberto.

We have so much talent n depth down here in the land of Oz, just a shame we are so geographly disadvantaged, and the Australian companies support the rugby league n the Aussie rules, Motorsport is only something minor, and that is really sad

That's right it's either cricket or footy and race teams would much rather a local European kid than one accross the ocean.

Will grates me...I just can't shine to him. He is overly aggressive at times, and I have yet to hear him admit a crash or incident is his fault.

Talented? Yes.

Worthy champ this year? Yes.

In my top five of guys to support in Indycars? No. (TK, Scotty, Newgarden, Hawksworth, Monty, Pagenaud, Castroneves, Conway, in no particular order...)

As for the talent pool down here in Australasia, I think if we ever had enough money in motorsport, then the Europeans and the Americans would find themselves struggling to match the Kiwi/Ozzie onslaught.

Lowndes, Scotty McJandal, Van Gizzy, Frosty, Tander, Whincup - all guys that would be the equal of any of the current crop of F1 drivers.

That last sentence is a big call, or was that hyperbole? I disagree completely if it was meant seriously.

Tander is as good as Alonso? Winterbottom would give Hamilton a run for his money in an F1 car, stepping up from Formula Ford? I would need some damn serious drugs to think any of that.

The only guy who tested himself against the F1 candidates was Lowndes and he got burned by Montoya. I know, there were factors other than driver ability, Helmut Marko included, but he was destroyed all the same.

Ambrose is a good example, two time champion in V8 Supercars and regretfully, struggling to make the chase in NASCAR. He never has and probably never will. OK, ovals are a factor.

Methinks you jest.

Power slipped up at Sonoma, leading by around 10 seconds h pitted for blacks, lost the lead coming out, spun at the hairpin and finished tenth.

He leads Castroneves by 51 points and there are 104 on offer at Fontana.

I hope he does not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but he is said to be strong at that track.