Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Is Kobayashi Gone?

Apparently is going to be a one race only deal.

Hope so, another talented driver to cop the rough end of the stick.

@ delivery driver - darn straight about Ericsson.

Now it is a circus. It's farcical. Caterham should bail. All teams should put up a bond to enter each season, required to pay bills on time and only allowed one pay driver. This is F1 not Wall Of Death.

Now it is a circus. It's farcical. Caterham should bail. All teams should put up a bond to enter each season, required to pay bills on time and only allowed one pay driver. This is F1 not Wall Of Death.

Not so sure about that, Sean. After all, small teams doing desperate things (like having a guy for just one weekend for money) is deeply embedded in F1's DNA.

From the 50s to the early 90s, at least, you could find dozens of rich guys or weird sponsors, and somehow they are all part of F1's charm. If we only had serious, ultra efficient companies with plenty of money, we would only have the big corporations around. But that comes with a tradeoff.

We all miss Paul Stoddard and those awful Minardis, which I think gave more to F1 than STR, frankly.

So, let them do all this crap, even if they seem to screw some driver's career, which probably they don't. It is sadder to see the big teams dropping guys due to money or marketing questions.

Weird decision by Caterham. While Lotterer is a very capable driver, I would have thought they'd have gone for one of their younger drivers. Obviously Kobayashi doesn't have the funds but at least he'll only be gone for one race. tbh I wouldn't at all mind seeing Kobayashi & Lotterer driving the 2 Caterham's because I don't rate Ericsson at all. The only time I've genuinely noticed Ericsson on the track is when he's spun or crashed the car & in terms of raw pace he's only quicker than Chilton.

I Beleive it,those Prototypes are insane. I think he means he cant push it like he wants due to having to save rubber. That's why Webber went to them, basically just as quick but with a roof, less pressure, less races, alot more comfortable lifestyle than Matk is used to.

Toyota's TS030 LMP1 car has up to 1000BHP with the addition of KERS being deployed so in terms of straight line speed, they could easily beat the Caterham. Maybe in the corners too as it was mighty quick at Le Mans this year despite Audi's clever 4WD KERS system.

Lotterer seemed to be saying that the Caterham was faster in a straight line but slower in the twisty bits.

Given that the LMP1 has a minimum weight of 870kg and the F1 car, 642kg, I doubt if the LMP1 would keep up in a straight line. It has about 31% more power but 35% more weight.

I don't know, those things get up to rediculous speeds on those long lemans straights.

Sure, top speed is higher, but side by side power to weight rules.

Ohh of course.