Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Belgian Grand Prix

Well spa has rolled around again so quick. Awesome circuit great to watch to. So who's your pick this weekend? Mercedes again, Redbull or will Williams finally score that much deserved win, will Raikkonen's spa expertise help him back up the front? I expect Williams to be quick there same old for Mercedes while dan chases them down yet again. Top 5 qualy

1- Hamilton

2- Rosberg

3- Ricciardo

4- Alonso

5- Vettel - possibly Raikkonen.

Would seriously cheer a Bottas win.

However, I am more intrigued to see who has the biggest nuts and tries to take Eau Rouge without lifting in these new spec cars.

If only they had a 2008 spec rear wing.

I'm hoping for some kind of upset... as I suppose most of us are.

We will settle for Rosberg or Hamilton but want someone else. These two did not convince in years past and, as with Button, we will shrug when they walk with the championship, no matter how likable the chaps.

Williams has a car that no one in that team seems to know what to do with. I expect them to waste it again.

Personally, a victory for Kimi would be great but I have to admit reluctantly that it is more likely for Alonso to take it if the Ferrari actually half works.

Vettel will be offering living sacrifices to the gods if he simply finishes ahead of Ricciardo, whatever the position.

In short, I feel indifference towards the winner and am just hoping for a good race. So an strange qualifying session will help. Someone on a fast car out too early or starting from the pits.

I am not sure it is fair to say no-one knows what to do with the FW36. Mass a put it on pole and has admittedly squandered the car's potential, largely, but Bottas knows what to do with it.

If Raikkonen wins at Spa, I will bare my arse in the town square. Alonso, I will not risk the arse showing, but I would say very unlikely.

It will be a Mercedes powered car, surely? That brings it down to Hamilton, Rosberg, Bottas or maybe Massa if the other three c#ck up or DNF.

By the way, if it rains, all bets are off and the arse stays in the trousers come what may.

I have long ago chosen not to expect anything from this year's F1 results.

Races are all about the journey, not the destination. So I am thinking more or less the same order, but hoping for another interesting race before Lewis/Nico beat everybody else by half a minute.

After this, let's not forget that the allowance of PUs will start to play a big part, with those 5 and 10 grid penalties. What if Merc and RB keep lagging behind in the reliability field? What if Ferrari keeps its bulletproof reliability?

What if Alonso wins the championship? What? What??????

What medication?

Only way kimi will have half a chance is if he takes Eau Rouge like he took the first corner in that mower race.

I am not sure it is fair to say no-one knows what to do with the FW36. Mass a put it on pole and has admittedly squandered the car's potential, largely, but Bottas knows what to do with it.

If Raikkonen wins at Spa, I will bare my arse in the town square. Alonso, I will not risk the arse showing, but I would say very unlikely.

It will be a Mercedes powered car, surely? That brings it down to Hamilton, Rosberg, Bottas or maybe Massa if the other three c#ck up or DNF.

By the way, if it rains, all bets are off and the arse stays in the trousers come what may.

Worry not. There are already some many bare arses in the town square (starting with Vettel's) that no one will notice.

The Williams are 4th, behind the Ferraris, when they should be 2nd. But, as always, it is a relative matter. For instance, there are only fast cars in F1. But relative to one another, some are dead slow. And Williams, as a team, has more car than wits.

I think it caught them and everyone by suprise. They havnt been in this position since early 2000s

No doubt, he has thrown away heaps of valuable points. And as he is the only driver in f1 history never to make a mistake, he blames everything on everyone else. I used to be a fan of Felipe but after the recent ridiculous outbursts that are becoming more and more frequent, I've grown to dislike him.

And you would be substantially correct, Andy from Brisbane.

However, there are other factors. The team seems to be a bit in a state of shock. Driver management is a mess (not matter how prevalent across the paddock). Claire is still a rookie and she is there because of who she is not because of what she knows or can do (even if many others are in a similar situation). And so on.

The thing is that, I believe, we all wish them well. Sir Francis is a self-respecting character (rare) who has accomplished a great deal in his professional live and many among us have developed a degree of kindness towards this once great team. Opportunities like the one Williams has stumbled upon this season are very scarce and it is the ability of driver/team to take advantage of them what distinguishes the competent from the tagalongs.

The great, of course, use a half opportunity to destroy the competition. But that's another story. Williams is sucking big time right now.

If it's dry, the Mercs run away. If it's wet, Jenson could make the podium at the very least - this is his turf. I think Massa is quicker here than Bottas. Alonso should make the podium.

So,,,Belgium, huh? Land of the free.

Sorry, land of the fries.

Should be easy for the Mercs, reliability permitting. Behind them it's harder to predict. Alonso and Ricciardo are both in cars that will suck here, so it's up to their magic. Williams and Force India have good chances. WIlliams has a better car, FI has better drivers. Jenson is always a possibility if for once they get the right setup or if it rains. This is Kimi's favorite track as well, so mabe he will finally do something useful for a change and win this.

tl;dr: Maldonado ftw.

Well, it's odd that no matter the conditions, the track or the setup, there's always more or less the same guys in the same order behind the Mercs!

Good jobs by K-Mag (he of the odd head shape) and Bianchi.

Let's see how this one goes.

What a drive by ricciardo, who wouldve picked that? Stellar job again by Bottas and well done to Raikkonen who lucked out a bit on strategy but never the less has he best result of the season. Just can't praise dan enough for his job so far this season, he's been there to capitalise every time.

Apart from the very start & the great battle at the very end, I thought it was mostly unspectacular. Delighted for Ricciardo though. He's just becoming more & more impressive as the races go by.

Vettel isn't that good, i have always said that, now it shows i was right! Magnussen needs to start to look in his car mirrors! If there was Massa on Alonso's place they wouldn't finish the race!

Yea he got a bit aggressive towards button and alonso, certainly had his elbows out.Should have been investigated after the first move not after alonso.

THIS JUST IN!!

Nico just issued a statement regarding the incident at Les Combes with his teammate, follows in full:

"Oops, I did it again!"

End of statement.