Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Hamilton V Rosberg - Act Ii

Good points Andy and it's one of the main reasons I cannot stand Lewis. Him airing private team conversations and things in public. And all the innuendo, inferring things have happened that have not, trying to drop hints, false I might add, to get people to think something without Lewis having to come out and say it directly himself. Heck didn't he just a few weeks back infer there might even be a conspiracy at Merc to sabotage his races or something alone those lines? Rather than snuff such absurd notions out, he flames them, he lets others think it's true by not playing the whole I'm not going to say it directly, but I'm infer it and let you fill in the blanks. And this is all to benefit HIM. To gain sympathy, to get support behind him even if Lewis is the one whose wrong, it works. All his minions and blind followers pile on to whomever Lewis is bummed out about. Lewis tweeting private team telemetry was utter BS, and I so wish Ron was around when that happened.

Nico on his audio blog and other articles I've seen today, has again taken the diplomatic private route, stating he'd rather not comment about such private team discussions. He's the epitome of a good loyal team driver at the end of the day, even if you don't like him, or think he is a "cheat". He's always conducted himself admirably.

I think it's a shame he's now got the idiot hater-brigade on his a##, because he's been driving excellent and beating Hamilton both in the mind games and on the track.

What I find utterly strange in all of this, and I've seen posts, tweets and comments all over the web, is that people think Nico is jealous, cracking under pressure and a cheater.

How is Nico jealous? He's just gotten married, is leading the WDC, and is beating Hamilton at the moment tactically and on the track. Despite Hamilton having car issues and breakdowns, that's racing, you do your best on the day and go to the next race.

How is Nico cracking under pressure enough that he would crash into Hamilton on purpose? This is the most preposterous "argument". No driver would do this (exception made for Maldonado). Nico would have just as easily punctured his own tyre, what to speak of losing 10secs for a front wing change. It makes no sense, yet so many supposed knowledgeable F1 fans actually believe this.

How is Nico a cheat? Say what you will about Monaco, but he was cleared of any wrongdoing. The only person who caused a big stink about this was Lewis. Once he spoke his usual unthruths, the media ran with it. Had he been more diplomatic or kept those thoughts and discussions behind closed doors, there would not have been any drama associated with that incident. Secondly, Nico could have possibly gone even faster on that lap, thus still retaining pole position.

So let's look at the behaviour of both drivers.

Nico has not sulked, he hasn't been negative, he hasn't make up wild accusations, his comments have been diplomatic and not designed to gain sympathy, stir Sh#t up or cause trouble.

Hamilton has sulked, he's been uber negative for half the year, he's made up quite a few accusations, he has not been diplomatic or a good representative of the team. Heck he wouldn't even wear the team caps after verbally putting them down until they made him ones he liked. His comments have been ones where he's trying to get sympathy and also cause trouble for Nico.

How can people not see the behaviour of Hamilton as a whole and go, even if I am a fan of this guy, he's simply too much of a mopey drama queen, prone to lying essentially.

Harden the F up, and get on with the racing Lewis!

Yep, well said.

What seriosly are we actually watching the same sport am I crazy ? why people are so laid back about clear on track injustice is beyond me . Would people really think these posts were so over the top if this was happening to alonso or button or any other more popular driver. I'm mean come on like button and massa of all people actually support hamilton of this one and they used to enmies

Why does someone's behaviour or offscreen lifestyle change the situation so much. If the same was going on with any other driver I would be just as annoyed to me right is right and wrong is wrong regardless of who's involved. People say they ate not haters etc but why are peoples opinions clouded and muddied up just because they don't like how a person is or behaves. For example would people honestly be so yeah well so and so blah blah blah if vettel had done this to ricardo etc?

Or if kimi had done to alonso ?

The Stewards reviewed it and decided not to investigate it. The FIA decided no further investigation was necessary. That is good enough for me.

Do we know better? We do not have access to what they do, we do not have the experience, we do not know the rules as well as they do.

Rosberg made a mistake, he is not the first and he will not be the last, it was determined by those that matter that it did not need investigation, moving on.......

Whatever anybody thinks about about his personality music taste lifestyle, people who just brand hamilton as nothing but a whiner either A: they are are hater or B: they don't watch f1 or have little clue about what goes on . He is arguably the best driver on he grid and he is head and shoulders clear above nico rosberg.

The sad thing is A they used to be freinds and B I also used to think rosberg was a very good driver and I wouldn't have minded see rosberg lift the crown. But having seen his amateurish cheating win at any cost driving this year my opinion of nico rosberg has basically gone through the earths crust. I also can't stand the fact that he has this spoilt rich kid bull S***t sense of entitlement messiah complex . It is very alonso piquet and vettel esq. can't believe that rosberg harbours resentment over the Bahrain Grand Prix from were I was sitting it looked like a very amazing professional formula 1 battle between team mates. As for Hungary get a grip since when have championship rivals rolled out the red carpet for each other in the history of f1 the answer never. I almost see rosbergs success as a bad thing because he used to be a genuine down to earth nice guy but now he has turned into a complete a##! Rosberg is only in a good postion in the championship because hamilton has lost a good 50 plus points due to reliability (even if you take into account the gain from rosbergs 1 dnf) and he also lost 25 points on Sunday because of rosbergs revenge puncture . Hamilton has been plain faster then rosberg at every event.

So rants aside and going forward I have to key points to make.

1. It will be very bad if nico rosberg is crowned formula 1 champion at the end of this year why? - because formula 1 should be about who the best driver in the world is, it shouldn't be about who has the most distant second place finishes or who has the most luck or who knows how to bend the rules and make it look like and accident the most . Rosberg would make a bad role model for formula 1. new and upcoming drivers would think ahh I don't have worry about being fit or fast as long as I'm second and now how to subtlety cheat whenever I don't get my own way.

2. If Mercedes aren't able to get things under control they will once again become a mid field team why? Whilst rosberg isn't a terrible driver ala Maldonado he is not and will never be one of the best A* drivers ala hamilton , riccardo , alonso, bottas , hulkenburg etc

The superiority of the mercades car is flattering rosbergs ability behind the wheel. If Mercedes were on the same level as other teams like Ferrari and red bull we would see races were hamilton would be 1st or on the podium and rosberg would be routinely finsihing 4th and 6th in equal machinery. ( remember 2012 when hamilton was winning races when button could not even get a podium) And if hamilton left Mercedes because of this scandal then Mercedes would struggle in the same way mclaren, sauber and cateram struggle to an extent. because deep down down they know that rosberg and most other drivers wouldn't be able to extract every drop of speed out of the car like lewis can.

3. What in gods name were the stewards thinking . It's bad enough to not punish rosberg ( a supposedly experienced world class driver) for the taking hamilton out of the race. But to then go and severely punish Kevin magnussen for defending his position from a very aggressive Fernando alonso is absolutely crazy. I mean no offence but if Fernando alonso didn't want to be pushed wide he shouldn't try to go around the outside of another competitor at a corner where no one overtakes. For me part of good racing is the art of defensive driving ( within reason) it's all very good driving to a delta or being as fast as the car will allow whoop de doo! But if you can't overtake or defend properly from faster cars you are not a proper racer. I fear these silly penalties could result in watered down racing. And in the case of rosbergs lack of punishment allow people to get away with murder.

It is really kinda annoying because engine gripes and sound aside I think the racing this year has been the best it has ever been. But yet again formula 1s ugly politics gets in the way of what is otherwise a very good show

I actually agree with a lot of that, although I don't think Nico's a cheat, and Button scored some brilliant wins in 2012 and finished only 2 points behind Lewis. Everyone points to the points standings as reason why Nico is now better than Lewis, whilst neglecting all the reliabiilty issues and the fact that Nico plain & simple took Lewis out of the race with a clumsy move.

And you're right if this had happened to Ricciardo I think the reaction would've been very different.

Earlier in the year we had 'normal' races with no reliability issues or crashes, and Lewis showed he kicks Nico's rear.

Rosberg has got the job done every time, even with lewis still on the circuit.

I disagree. When Lewis has been on the circuit (and not starting at the back) Nico can't beat him. He hasn't done so even once yet this year.

Why are Hamilton fans so precious? Criticise him and you are labelled a hater or a know nothing.

Ah but we haven't seen how you & webric react when Dan is constantly bashed on the internet!!! Not that there's been anything to criticse Dan about yet. And to be fair until now I don't think there were any Hamilton fans on here, it's only 1 who's accused you guys of being haters.

I've always thought Lewis was a douche but several of the views against him are a bit OTT.

3. What in gods name were the stewards thinking . It's bad enough to not punish rosberg ( a supposedly experienced world class driver) for the taking hamilton out of the race. But to then go and severely punish Kevin magnussen for defending his position from a very aggressive Fernando alonso is absolutely crazy.

The thing about this is that the stewards could only give a 20 second penalty for 'aggressive driving' & even if Rosberg had 20 seconds added to his time, he'd still finish in 2nd.

Magnussen's penalty was one of the worst I've seen this year, poor kid. Should be encouraged to race hard like that against such an established driver, not penalised for it. Even Alonso said afterwards that they were just 'having fun'.

The FIA are desperate to improve the show and resort to gimmicks, yet they then penalise a driver for contributing to a great show of racing between himself, Alonso & Button.

Fair point. That period was some of the best racing of the season and it should be encouraged.

Good point Mika about the 20 second penalty.

I think my criticism of Hamilton are logical, but my point is his fans seem unable to accept anything mildly critical.

I think what might get people's goat is that Nico hasn't taken a tiny bit of critcism all year (until yesterday when someone called him a cheat), whereas Lewis is put down left right and centre no matter what he does.

What's funny is that I was massively against the double-points gimmick, and yet it could end up being Lewis's saviour! With my british hat on I'd prefer Lewis to win the title. Plus, emotional-ness and impulsive foot-in-mouth media comments aside, I still think he's a better all-round driver than Rosberg

But what has Rosberg done to deserve critism than what he did in Belgium? Lewis just hasn't shut up all year.

Well every race where they've both stayed on track and been able to race each other, Lewis has come out on top, yet still everyone sings Nico's praises and declares he's now better than Hamilton.

Let's assume for a moment Hamilton's mechanical gremlins weren't his own fault and that both Mercs never failed, and Nico hadn't taken him out of the race in Belgium. Lewis would've been about 40 points ahead by now. I know in F1 you cant talk about ifs and buts, however it's just to emphasise my opinion that I think Lewis is overall better and should be '14 champ

Well every race where they've both stayed on track and been able to race each other, Lewis has come out on top, yet still everyone sings Nico's praises and declares he's now better than Hamilton.

Let's assume for a moment Hamilton's mechanical gremlins weren't his own fault and that both Mercs never failed, and Nico hadn't taken him out of the race in Belgium. Lewis would've been about 40 points ahead by now. I know in F1 you cant talk about ifs and buts, however it's just to emphasise my opinion that I think Lewis is overall better and should be '14 champ

its nice to see someone defending lewis hamilton crickey! looking at some of what i have seen on this forum i was wondering if we were all watching different races. whilst it is ok to have an opinion i dont understand how anyone can see he is an average driver or rosberg is better

Hamilton's got a history of handbags, terrible comments to the press 'maybe it's cos i'm black', 'nico isnt as hungry as me', 'nico hit me on purpose' etc - but talking driving, I still rate him higher than Nico and I think he's been a lot more hampered with unreliability than Nico has, which has put him on the back foot.

its nice to see someone defending lewis hamilton crickey! looking at some of what i have seen on this forum i was wondering if we were all watching different races. whilst it is ok to have an opinion i dont understand how anyone can see he is an average driver or rosberg is better

To be fair I haven't seen anyone call him average, but I do think a lot of the criticism he gets is way over the top and often unfounded, and probably swayed by dislike of him as person. If Ricciardo wanted to save his engine in the same scenario no-one would've called him a cry baby, that is fact.

I have to disagree iam sorry.

Don't be sorry old chum! If we all agreed on everything there'd be no reason for us to post our thoughts.

well everyone is entitled to there opinion and IMO at this stage, nico has him trumped, like I mentioned before, lewis is gob smacked now on what to do, he stated he has no idea how to approach the next race.

I think that was him in his 'I need to escape from these cameras and have a private cry/fit/scream' mode, and someone who feels he's just been totally screwed over - he knows how he's going to approach the next race, he'll approach it like any other - balls to the wall flat out!

Lewis is probably thinking how can I keep being so unlucky, and how can my team-mate get away with crashing into me, life's not fair. But whenever these things happen he then eventually tweets a week later that he's lucky to have the life he does and he's going to come back harder than ever.

IMO he made a up a deficit before and he'll make it up again. It's hard to predict the final outcome, and that's making it a classic season!

True that, Mercedes are a mess. But we've all been saying this was going to happen when the 3 stooges punted out Brawn, then claimed all the glory themselves as the masters of Mercs revival. Lauda should never be in a team role like he is. I know Marko gets alot of stick for his sometime stupid comments he makes, but he also seems to not interfere with Horner and Newey running things. I will easily bet you $1 Lauda sticks his nose in everywhere. Wolff is a total fraud along the lines of Sam Michael. Paddy is the one one with any real experience running a team. They don't have a F'n clue how to sort things out.

Nico's too strong mentally to let Lewis affect him. If anything I think he's stepped up a gear and seriously has Lewis rattled, I truly believe that. Otherwise Lewis wouldn't be so on the edge, uptight, everyones out to get me, it's all a conspiracy, maybe it's because I'm black, I'm hungrier than Nico, I had a rough upbringing (which was proven to be total BS). He's completely and utterly lost. He's still that little 12yr boy on his way to McLaren mentally. Does anyone here honestly thing he's matured at all? I don't. He sometimes talks the talk, and says he's going to get more serious and whatever, then loses the plot with yet again more stupid things that come out of his mouth. Nico will win the WDC, I don't have any doubts on that. The only question is will Ricci come second?

I've had my (imaginary) money on Lewis since day 1, and it still is - I still think he'll do it.

I look forward to the movie about this rivalry, from childhood friends to bitter enemies! Rush 2.

Most of the crap has been instigated by Lewis' comments yes? Nico's kept a low profile and not responded publicly to them. With a "friend" like Lewis, you're better off without people like that in your life. Imean he came out and essentially put down Nico, saying he wasn't even German, and had lived an easier life. Then it comes out Nico's Dad was allowing Lewis to accompany them on flights around the place.

Nico doesn't have to say anything, as Lewis keeps digging a bigger hole. Just keep on winning and Lewis will go totally mental. That's cool you still back him. I don't. He's lost it mentally and won't recover.

I agree with you re the emotional/mental stuff, but I still think he's capable on-track. His mistakes have been made in some qualifying sessions, but not many.

This side of him is nothing new, he's always been Mr Rollercoaster - extreme highs and extreme lows with nothing in between. He still kicks butt on the track though, most of the time!

Nico's too strong mentally to let Lewis affect him. If anything I think he's stepped up a gear and seriously has Lewis rattled, I truly believe that. Otherwise Lewis wouldn't be so on the edge, uptight, everyones out to get me, it's all a conspiracy, maybe it's because I'm black, I'm hungrier than Nico, I had a rough upbringing (which was proven to be total BS). He's completely and utterly lost. He's still that little 12yr boy on his way to McLaren mentally. Does anyone here honestly thing he's matured at all? I don't. He sometimes talks the talk, and says he's going to get more serious and whatever, then loses the plot with yet again more stupid things that come out of his mouth. Nico will win the WDC, I don't have any doubts on that. The only question is will Ricci come second?

While Nico may not appear rattled when talking to the media, I think the remnants of the Hungarian grand prix and then watching Lewis waltz past him at the start of the Spa grand prix caused him to get rattled. Hence the ridiculous and desperate move on lap 2.

Lewis does not have the social or mental skills to deal with the media circus, or indeed much else outside an F1 car. However, usually when he is in the car and not thinking about such things, he is not too bad.

Lewis does not have the social or mental skills to deal with the media circus, or indeed much else outside an F1 car. However, usually when he is in the car and not thinking about such things, he is not too bad.

Based off all the frothy boards on a majority of the F1 Sites, I 'm not too sure. He seems to be doing a fine job of rallying the troops to his side with his broadsides.

I'm a Nico fan. But I have to admit, after watching Lewis's starts against Nico (They've started 1-2 , with Nico ahead 4 times this year) in Bahrain, Canada and Belgium - Lewis had the upper hand. Then , there's the passing, Nicos passing this year has struck me as being tentative, whereas Lewis's look pretty decisive (Though, he has had practise). Nico does seem to have the edge on "Open" laps though, which is funny, since Hamiltons always been praised as "Arguably the fastest". So, All in , probably the better racer, but I dont like his playing to the media. Which is making me review my idol-worship of Senna and look at Prost in a new light.