Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Hamilton V Rosberg - Act Ii

Based off all the frothy boards on a majority of the F1 Sites, I 'm not too sure. He seems to be doing a fine job of rallying the troops to his side with his broadsides.

I'm a Nico fan. But I have to admit, after watching Lewis's starts against Nico (They've started 1-2 , with Nico ahead 4 times this year) in Bahrain, Canada and Belgium - Lewis had the upper hand. Then , there's the passing, Nicos passing this year has struck me as being tentative, whereas Lewis's look pretty decisive (Though, he has had practise). Nico does seem to have the edge on "Open" laps though, which is funny, since Hamiltons always been praised as "Arguably the fastest". So, All in , probably the better racer, but I dont like his playing to the media. Which is making me review my idol-worship of Senna and look at Prost in a new light.

Possibly. However, I think there is a big difference between using the media as a ploy and then letting the reaction to your ploy affect your mental state.

I think he needs someone stable to prepare him mentally for the task and I think the old fella provided that. Then Hamilton decided he did not need him any more and went the show biz route. I do not think all the hype and fame are good for him when it comes down to preparation and getting over the rough bits.

I said at the time that getting rid of his Dad as his manager might not be the best move, but there were many on these forums that thought he needed to get rid of him to progress. Mind you quite a few people on these forums used to criticise his Dad being at every race as well, so it seems as though Lewis was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Really? Surely he would be at every race? I do not think the old bloke is the best character ever, but he seemed to keep him relatively grounded. Then fame kicked in.....

Thought about this a couple of days ago. Had Ross Brawn stayed at Mercedes, would the team & the Hamilton/Rosberg fiasco be avoided?

Thought about this a couple of days ago. Had Ross Brawn stayed at Mercedes, would the team & the Hamilton/Rosberg fiasco be avoided?

That's a tough one because, no matter who is in charge, it will only work if one driver is clearly the number one. This had been prooven by senna and prost,Hamilton and alonso,vettel and webber and now hamilton and Rosberg. If its "equal" status and both drivers are extracting the maximum out of there cars, it's always going to end in tears. Schumacher knew this way back in the day, that's why he always insisted on a team mate slower than him. So the focus wasn't on battling the team but for the title. Schumi worked with brawn and this was there pattern and it worked to great success, so to answer your question, yeah Ross would have sorted it out but one driver would have to be classed as a number 2. Look at Herbert,Irvine,Barrichello and Massa. All good to play second fiddle to Schumi and act as a moving roadblock should any rival come from behind.

Really? Surely he would be at every race? I do not think the old bloke is the best character ever, but he seemed to keep him relatively grounded. Then fame kicked in.....

Yep, used to be said quite a lot. And yes, you would expect him to be there, just like Jenson's Dad always used to be, Massa's dad, etc.

I agree that he may not be the best character, but there is nothing like family for telling you straight when you are talking bollocks.

As sincere as what Nico posted in his book of faces:

"In the days since the Belgian Grand Prix inSpa, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happened during the race and discussing it with the team.

"I have already expressed my regret about the incident but, after meeting with Toto, Paddy and Lewis today, I wish to go a step further and describe it as an error of judgement on my part.

"The number one rule for us as team-mates is that we must not collide but that is exactly what happened.

"For that error of judgement, I apologise to Lewis and the team. I also want to say sorry to the fans who were deprived of our battle for the lead in Belgium.

"Lewis and I have been given clear instructions about how we race each other.

"As drivers, we have a clear responsibility to the team, the fans of the sport, our partners and Mercedes-Benz to deliver clean racing. We take that responsibility very seriously.

I smell Oprah's fat butt in this story! She is probably doing online intervention with Lewis and Nico!

She's gonna give both of them a WDC trophy at the end of it! dam.gif

She's gonna give both of them a WDC trophy at the end of it! dam.gif

Lol they have to check under there seats.

How can you punish either one of them? There doing what there employed to do, maybe some words but that's all that you can do really.

When you are dominant team in F1 most of times, if we don't count starts, and if team mates are allowed, they will race only one against other , cause they don't have rivals! Sometimes they crash each other!

Race against each other? Yes. Crash against each other? No team would accept that gladly.

Nico's move was clumsy at best, totally idiotic at worse. He has admitted that he did not back off "to prove a point". That's not the same as deliberately crashing against Lewis, as LuLu said, but is only barely less stupid.

Nico is not precisely the master of wheel to wheel racing, and he has shown more than once that he has no idea what's the difference between being aggressive and being Massa.

This is stupid. I didn't see them punishing Lewis for disobeying team orders from the previous race, which could have very well cost Merc a race win.

I don't blame either racer for the collision, but I do put 100% of the blame on Lewis for what he's said, claiming Nico did it on purpose and his behaviour and attitude. He's representing Mercedes, and quite frankly has utterly failed in that department since Monaco. Nico has excelled as a representative, even with the collision in my view, because he's kept his comments positive, and not shared and private team discussions to the media or public.

But this is Lewis Hamilton here. So he can do no wrong, has the entire backing of the English press and not counting his supporters here, seems to have a lot of dull / dumb and uneducated fans. These no doubt are the same Vettel and now Nico haters and booers the sport has been inundated with.

I take offence to that, I dislike Vettel and you know that, and I don't condone of Lewis's comments/behaviour either so where do YOU class or put me?

Ohh ask around, I bet to your suprise you would find more people who dislike Vettel than like him, especially here in Australia. I also can't remember people booing Schumi because he won so often.

Nothing in my post was aimed or directed at you. It was directed at the British media and the boo brigade. You are neither.

thankypu for clearing that up. You know iam honest mate, if kimi or Vettel have a shocker, ill pounce on it just like any other driver, but I also praise when it's needed after a darn good performance.

This is stupid. I didn't see them punishing Lewis for disobeying team orders from the previous race, which could have very well cost Merc a race win.

I don't blame either racer for the collision, but I do put 100% of the blame on Lewis for what he's said, claiming Nico did it on purpose and his behaviour and attitude. He's representing Mercedes, and quite frankly has utterly failed in that department since Monaco. Nico has excelled as a representative, even with the collision in my view, because he's kept his comments positive, and not shared and private team discussions to the media or public.

But this is Lewis Hamilton here. So he can do no wrong, has the entire backing of the English press and not counting his supporters here, seems to have a lot of dull / dumb and uneducated fans. These no doubt are the same Vettel and now Nico haters and booers the sport has been inundated with.

Good thing that you didn't had to resort to sweeping insults and generalisations badly aimed at people who is neither British nor Hamilton fans to support your views.

Keep up the good work.

Fool

My comment was aimed at the British press and the boo brigade present at the GPs. Are you guys part of the British press or part of the boo brigades? I seriously doubt it. I made no attempt, even vaguely or indirectly to call anyone here anything other than educated. What do you think "not counting" means. Or did you guys both skip over that part, and race to hit the reply button.