Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Is Hamilton Doing A Lebron James?

I've been reading on quite a few blogs that the latest rumor is lewis back to Mclaren. Although there is nothing concrete about it yet, just Mercedes yet to secure lewis makes it all the more suspicious. James back to Cleveland Cavaliers and Lewis Hamilton back to Mclaren.

It would make sense. Honda want a name, Dennis would like it and Hamilton is feeling unloved at MGP, I believe. He has dropped a lot of hints that it is not bad luck, it is 'something else' and I think he does not believe MGP will let him be WDC if Rosberg is in the hunt. I think it would be different if he was trouncing Rosberg in the WDC, as more or less everyone expected.

Yeah that's right, it's obvious Mercedes want Nico to win and why wouldn't they? German car,German team, German driver or Finnish or whatever lol. You know what I find funny? The second Mark Webber hints there's "something" going on and his was ever so more evident, he is ridiculed to the sh17house, yet Lewis, not a word said.

I used to read a lot about Webber being a whinger but I just thought he said what he thought and never saw it as whingeing, just explaining.

In the whingeing stakes, Hamilton could give him a 100m start and still win. He is England's whingeing champion, better even than Stuart Broad.

It's Lewis' Primadonna-Ness again. Nothing More / Less.

When he wins or get a better result in the next couple of races then he will pledge his "Loyalty" to Merc again.

Fickle Minded, Cry-Baby, Drama Queen, Narcissist and Primadonna Lewis hasn't changed since the beginning. It's who he is.

Yeah that's right, it's obvious Mercedes want Nico to win and why wouldn't they? German car,German team, German driver or Finnish or whatever lol. You know what I find funny? The second Mark Webber hints there's "something" going on and his was ever so more evident, he is ridiculed to the sh17house, yet Lewis, not a word said.

Oh another Lewis-bashing thread, that's 3 now today!

I've not seen anything to suggest Merc want Nico to win the WDC, I'm interested to know why you think that?

Especially as Wolff and Lauda were surprisingly vocal and honest on Sunday in their blame of Nico, rather than saying the usual "we'll deal with it internally"...

I disagree about your Webber comment, Hamilton gets hated left right and centre for his moans, in fact more than Webber did IMO

It's obvious, as if they wouldn't want Nico to win.

Why though? Yes he's german but then if that's your reason, that's just a theory?

I reckon if anything they'd want Lewis to win. They recruited him from mclaren because they wanted to win championships.

Your theory (if I'm right about your reasoning) would make sense if Merc wanted to up their sales in the German market, but I would think they want to use F1 to up their sales globally, and if that's right then really you'd want Lewis to be champ. Love him or hate him he's more marketable.

Mate can you imagine Mercedes road car sales going through the roof if Nico wins, all marketing, same as getting Schumi out of retirement, to boost car sales.

Mate can you imagine Mercedes road car sales going through the roof if Nico wins, all marketing, same as getting Schumi out of retirement, to boost car sales.

I think the opposite, talking globally - I think the world would be more aware if Lewis wins the title. Cos he's more marketable.

Other than in Germany alone, the German driver/team thing wouldn't make a difference, IMO.

I agree on the Schumi thing but I don't think it had anything to do with the fact he and Merc are both German

The second Mark Webber hints there's "something" going on and his was ever so more evident, he is ridiculed to the sh17house, yet Lewis, not a word said.

That's cos all the words said about Hamilton are being said on these forums :P

Hamilton gets his fair share of criticism in the media. As for what goes on in forums, we all have our view.

I believe Mercedes would prefer Rosberg to be WDC. Just my opinion, based on German patriotism.

What Lauda and Wolff think is a bit different, they are Austrian. What Lauda says is whatever happens to be inside his head at the time. Wolff is different. I would imagine his pay is determined by WCC points and whether or not MGP wins a WDC. Added to that, imagine if MGP do not win the WDC due to his inability to manage the drivers. Night, night, Toto, hello Ross. Last bit is tongue in cheek, by the way.

Very patriotic people, the Germans.

They probably are; but they are also a people whose interest in F1 is waning rapidly (E. Jordan told us Brit viewers last weekend that RTL's viewing figures are down 30% this year)

I believe Mercedes would prefer Rosberg to be WDC. Just my opinion, based on German patriotism.

Only on a personal level IMO. Ferrari have never been remotely bothered about recruiting Italian drivers (well maybe in the very very old days). I know that's barely relevant but my badly explained point is that IMO driver nationality isn't important when you're appealing to a global market

You can't say Ferrari don't want Italians in there cars. How the heck Luca badoer keep his job for so long, they eventually got rid of him for Fisichella so I can't see your point.

We are not talking about Ferrari. The Mercedes Board would prefer Rosberg rather than das Englander, surely? MGP hired Hamilton, presumably, because they thought they would need him to win the WDC and WCC. They know now that they do not, so they can choose. I am not concerned what Lauda or Wolff think, I am thinking about the people who really call the shots, the ones who pay the bills.

I Beleive it would be affecting lewis to, he wants "x" amount of dollars but now it's seems worthless, he said he doesn't even know how to approach the next race, man he is toast IMO, Nico has him mentally and ATM is faster IMO.

Well if crashing into your team-mate gives you a mental edge, which in this case it sadly probably does, then yes. It still saddens me that Nico keeps getting praised after what happened last weekend. He can't beat Lewis in a race-long battle, he knows it, so he holds line to force a crash or Lewis jump out of the way. In that moment I'd say Nico was the mentally unstable one.

You can't say Ferrari don't want Italians in there cars. How the heck Luca badoer keep his job for so long, they eventually got rid of him for Fisichella so I can't see your point.

That's not much of an example of Ferrari preferring italian drivers, neither of them were full-time, just stand-ins.

Admittedly my point wasn't very well explained but what I mean is Ferrari use F1 to boost their brand globally; they're not focused on just selling Ferrari's in Italy, so they don't look around each year for the best Italian driver. And the same applies to Mercedes IMO. They're trying to boost their global brand, hence why I think they'd be equally happy whichever driver wins.

The phrase "Nico keeps getting praised after what happened last weekend" has to be the most misguided, messed up, inaccurate, uninformed, biassed, lost and simply daft I have ever seen on an internet forum. I have seen no-one praise Rosberg for his actions. The planet knows he c#cked up. I give in, I cannot cope with such silliness. Goodbye.

The phrase "Nico keeps getting praised after what happened last weekend" has to be the most misguided, messed up, inaccurate, uninformed, biassed, lost and simply daft I have ever seen on an internet forum.

Agreed. While a good few people have been slagging off Hamilton for being a 'cry baby' I haven't seen a single post condoning Rosberg's move on Hamilton at Spa.

Well if crashing into your team-mate gives you a mental edge, which in this case it sadly probably does, then yes. It still saddens me that Nico keeps getting praised after what happened last weekend. He can't beat Lewis in a race-long battle, he knows it, so he holds line to force a crash or Lewis jump out of the way. In that moment I'd say Nico was the mentally unstable one.

That's not much of an example of Ferrari preferring italian drivers, neither of them were full-time, just stand-ins.

Admittedly my point wasn't very well explained but what I mean is Ferrari use F1 to boost their brand globally; they're not focused on just selling Ferrari's in Italy, so they don't look around each year for the best Italian driver. And the same applies to Mercedes IMO. They're trying to boost their global brand, hence why I think they'd be equally happy whichever driver wins.

I never said his accident gave him a mental edge, he has had that all season over Hamilton. Hamilton blurts to the media and nico keeps to himself, even in his personal blogs he won't go into it and asks people to respect that. At the start of the season, lewis had it all over him. Nico went away and realised he must step up and has done so to the extent it's now Hamilton who has to lift his game. Though you think Hamilton may still be quicker, he may be, but IMO Nico is now at Lewis's level in terms of speed. Like I've said before time and time again and Belgium prooved this, that all out pace won't win the title this year,

Consistancy will and through what ever you may call it luck or whatever, Rosberg has beaten lewis in all these areas now for majority of the season. Can lewis bounce back? Of course, but this time it's different, it's not the same Rosberg as before.

As for Ferrari, I know badoer and fisi were stand ins and but they were test drivers and I can't remember how long badoer was there test driver, something like 10+yrs something stupid but anyway my point is, it's these test drivers the public will see and interact with the most, at special functions and such. I know it's the famous names like alonso and Raikkonen that get most of the attention, but if your countryman is Luca badoer or Maldonado you will still follow and be induced by what they like.

The phrase "Nico keeps getting praised after what happened last weekend" has to be the most misguided, messed up, inaccurate, uninformed, biassed, lost and simply daft I have ever seen on an internet forum. I have seen no-one praise Rosberg for his actions. The planet knows he c#cked up. I give in, I cannot cope with such silliness. Goodbye.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well then; I didn't mean people were praising Nico for crashing into Lewis. I mean our forum is currently full of posts saying how Nico is doing a better job than Lewis, Merc don't need Lewis any more, etc, and to have those opinions is of course fine; but after watching the race I expected to come here and see sympathy for the guy whose race was wrecked, instead it was the complete opposite.

Hey the world needs silliness. On my lunch break today I drove to an airfield, stripped down to my pants and poured a bucket of water over my head for charity

I suspect if you re-read what was actually said, rather than what you perceived to be said, it might make more sense.

Rosberg has been praised on these very forums after crashing into Lewis at Spa after the weekend, just look at the threads and posts that have been created since the incident. Jem didn't say he was praised for the actual action of crashing into Lewis.

Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well then; I didn't mean people were praising Nico for crashing into Lewis. I mean our forum is currently full of posts saying how Nico is doing a better job than Lewis, Merc don't need Lewis any more, etc, and to have those opinions is of course fine; but after watching the race I expected to come here and see sympathy for the guy whose race was wrecked, instead it was the complete opposite.

Hey the world needs silliness. On my lunch break today I drove to an airfield, stripped down to my pants and poured a bucket of water over my head for charity

I knew what you meant and I know what you were referring to.

Whats wrong with praising nico? Seriously, iam sure like Ricciardo has suprised many this year as it was unexpected he would be beating lewis for what ever reason. People can say "ohh, lewis has retired in more races", this is true but it takes away some of the brilliant drives nico has put in this season. It's not like he has stayed out of trouble and has scavenged his way to the top. No, he has earnt his way up there with some stunning drives. Lewis likely thought he would have nico as being faster of the two al through karting and of course in formula one so lewis might have expected the same trend to continue. People want to go on about if lewis didnt retire or make mistakes in qualy, he would be "x" amount ahead. You really think so? Don't people remember the early races where merc would basically sacrifice nico's on track position during pitstops just so Hamilton would retain his lead. Lewis has had bad luck, but he has also made mistakes, where nico hasn't and for the better, niether has ricciardo, it's these two who should be fighting for the title, wins are nothing if the points don't help. So if lewis didnt have the car that was so quick, he would be further back due to these errors he has made. It's the car that has allowed "damage limitation" in terms of keeping championship position. People forget when merc held Rosberg up in Bahrain was it?