Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Mercedes Could Drop One Of Its Drivers

Yeah but that was nico's first "proper" error of the whole season, lewis has had several and it's defended like his first.

Correction if you really really want to get technical about it then here we go .

Lewis mistakes .. Lock up in bahrain qualy Points effect relative to teammate

Ran wide in Canada qualy

Austria qualy -14

Silverstone qualy

Germany contact -3

Nico mistakes China qualy

China bad start

Bahrain looses lead. - 14

Monaco pole parking. + 14

Canada cuts chicane

Hungary gets stuck in midfield traffic -4 points

Belguim knocks hamilton out of race + 25

Monza locks up twice throws away lead -14

Wolff's a prick, plain and simple. I've never liked him, and seeing how he strode around all big and mighty after Brawn got the axe, and then his total an utter failure to MANAGE anything, I can't wait for the day when others realize he is like the emperor with no clothes on. The sooner he goes the better. I caught the smile too, but once he's eventually given the boot, he won't be smiling anymore then will he.

Correction if you really really want to get technical about it then here we go .

Lewis mistakes .. Lock up in bahrain qualy Points effect relative to teammate

Ran wide in Canada qualy

Austria qualy -14

Silverstone qualy

Germany contact -3

Nico mistakes China qualy

China bad start

Bahrain looses lead. - 14

Monaco pole parking. + 14

Canada cuts chicane

Hungary gets stuck in midfield traffic -4 points

Belguim knocks hamilton out of race + 25

Monza locks up twice throws away lead -14

Man how long did it take you to come up with that? Man I wouldn't have bothered honestly. Results speak for themselves and so do the standings. Most of these mistakes are made be every driver on the grid, jumping chicanes and locking wheels, just because its at the front people take notice, this was nicos first mistake that changed an outcome of a race, heck even Vettel in his prime made errors worse than that.

Man how long did it take you to come up with that? Man I wouldn't have bothered honestly. Results speak for themselves and so do the standings. Most of these mistakes are made be every driver on the grid, jumping chicanes and locking wheels, just because its at the front people take notice, this was nicos first mistake that changed an outcome of a race, heck even Vettel in his prime made errors worse than that.

Fair enough but what are the several errors from Hamilton's side that you are referring to?

What happens on track is what matters. Lewis has beaten Nico 5 times. Nico has beaten Lewis 0 times.

First mistake that changed the outcome of a race? In the last race he crashed into Lewis and very much changed that outcome.

Was that a mistake though? He said he wasn't going to move so he intended to stay put. He just expected lewis to move. Your right he might not have beaten lewis in a straight out fight this year, but has he had to? Lewis keeps handing him points. If Rosberg finishes second in the remain 6 races, lewis has to win them all, if he wants to beat him, so is there any reason nico even needs to fight lewis? 6 wins in a row is a big ask. Rosberg's odds of finishing second in those last six races are better than lewis winning them.

Dont forget double points at abu dhabi. Nico knows he's probably going to need Lewis to hit mechanical trouble again at some point, cos he can't beat him on track.

Lewis has handed him points but through no fault of his own (for the most part), I'm thinking of when he retired from the lead in Australia, taken out whilst leading Belgium, starting last twice in a row due to car failures. I was always confident that with no mechanical issues, Lewis would beat him 99% of the time, and he did that at monza, even with the problem at the start.

Yeah good point, but I don't see monza as an accurate measure, as Rosberg was t as fast as Hamilton there, but the discrepancy was to large for it to be just on driver skill. I Beleive Lewis just nailed his setup better than nico.

It hasn't just been Monza that Lewis has had a sizeable advantage over Nico, though. He was a fair distance ahead in Malaysia, China and probably would have been in Bahrain as well, only the safety car came out late on. Nico has never had that much of a advantage over Lewis in any actual head to head races.

I know that, but like I've said before, nico hasn't needed to. When he is out front and lewis is way behind for whatever reason, nico is basically unbeatable. If the situation had been different, then yeah I to Beleive Lewis would be leading by some margin. But that hasn't happened and all this talk about lewis being able to be way ahead, is actually disguising the good performances nico has put in when it was needed. Iam not blowing any wind up his skirt iam just saying he has made the most of the opportunities given to him, then it's ricciardo after that. Like I said months ago. Pure pace won't win the title this year, consistancy will and lewis hasn't achieved that compared to Nico.

Possibly, but you said Monza was not an accurate measure, as the discrepancy was too large for it to be driver skill and I was pointing out that it wasn't the only occasion, so it's not like Monza was a one off.

I disagree that when Nico is out front and Lewis is behind for whatever reason then Nico is unbeatable, just look at what happened in Monza.

Lewis has had more reliability issues than Nico which has hampered him. You may have the opinion that Lewis has caused some of those car issues and that is fair enough, that is your opinion. However Lewis has had other issues that are definitely not down to him, some even caused by his own team mate and the reverse has not happened as yet.

Like I said, monza I Beleive Lewis had a better setup so he was bound to get caught, as the other victories and such, I Beleive rosbergs car was setup well then. Explains some of his more dominant victories.

Nico's, I Beleive he has been lucky with setup aswell as Lewis's retirements.

No doubt nico has improved this year, but it looks like he is in more control, hence I think he has finally nailed that setup on the merc at certain circuits, possibly even learnt a few things from lewis along the way. It's this I see when he is ages out infront, the improvement in nico's car development you might call it. That has allowed him to take advantage when necessary and be consistant. Lets be honest, he won races we didnt expect him to win. In a nutshell. Lewis's retirements will be the deciding thing in the years championship, unless nico has a run of bad luck himself. Nico has been in the position to take full advantage of Lewis's mishaps, that's what will win him the title and its gotten to a point now where lewis has to basically win every remaining race if nico is still out there scoring big points as we all know is what he will be doing, nico can basically coast to the title. The Mercedes is miles ahead in performance, so nico can just let lewis go and finish behind him in the remaining races and it will just be enough I Beleive.

I am not sure how that will work. I doubt he will do it, but mathematically, if Hamilton wins all 6 and Rosberg gets second, Hamilton will gain 49 points on Rosberg who leads by 22 currently. That would be 5 x 7 plus 1 x 14 (Abu Dhabi).

Nico cannot afford to coast at all!!!

One retirement and that's 25 points in the bag for Lewis, and all of a sudden Lewis is massive favourite to win the title. Nico needs to keep racing hard and trying to beat Hamilton, he'd be a huge fool to rest on his laurels with 6 races still to go

Nico cannot afford to coast at all!!!

One retirement and that's 25 points in the bag for Lewis, and all of a sudden Lewis is massive favourite to win the title. Nico needs to keep racing hard and trying to beat Hamilton, he'd be a huge fool to rest on his laurels with 6 races still to go

it worked for button in the second half of 09 didnt it? Don't be so aggressive on the car and only fight to a certain limit and he should be fine, he can't afford one of those engine penalties. So in fact he does need to coast. Just take it easy on the car and force Hamilton to wreck his car once more.

Lol I'm still yet to see anyone (pundit or fan) other than you and brisbaneandy say the failures were Lewis's own fault, but thats your opinion & no problem.

I think Button had more of a points cushion in 09 and also, there were multiple race winners once he stopped dominating eg Mark, Lewis, Seb, Rubens, whereas this season if Nico cruises then it's always gona be Lewis who takes the 25 points.

I hope he does think he's fine to take it easy, cos then Lewis will keep beating him and win the title!

Rosberg will not be WDC by following Hamilton home, the maths say so. I think a lot has been made of a lock up into turn one at Monza. Ignoring whether it was a staged, it has been made into a bigger event than it was, a sign that Hamilton has got it over him psychologically etc. as Rosberg said, "I made a mistake."

If you do not like our theory that Hamilton is harder on the car, it must then either be deliberate or bad luck. Look back to the McLaren days and he had a lot of bad luck there, too.

Hamilton can't take it easy, we have seen time and time again, he doesn't know how to look after a car. Heck when he picks up punctures I consistanly hear Martin Bundle telling him to slow down, by the time he gets to the pits, half the car is missing. He is flat chat all the time, and how can that not affect your car? Not saying everything that happens to him is his own fault but I Beleive it happens to him more than others for the simple reason, he is to impatient.

If you do not like our theory that Hamilton is harder on the car, it must then either be deliberate or bad luck. Look back to the McLaren days and he had a lot of bad luck there, too.

We already talked about the mclaren days though, and the stats show he had no more failures than any of his team-mates (he did crash them too much though!)

Hamilton can't take it easy, we have seen time and time again, he doesn't know how to look after a car. Heck when he picks up punctures I consistanly hear Martin Bundle telling him to slow down, by the time he gets to the pits, half the car is missing. He is flat chat all the time, and how can that not affect your car? Not saying everything that happens to him is his own fault but I Beleive it happens to him more than others for the simple reason, he is to impatient.

I can't remember the reason for the Australia DNF but the other 2 failures were in qualifying, surely they have nothing to do with looking after the car, as he'd only been on track for 1 or 2 laps?

Re the punctures I don't understand. At Spa he had pretty much the whole lap to get round, this doesn't seem relevant to me as to whether he's hard on his car; and his last puncture before that was Silverstone 2013, where he managed it just as well as all the other drivers who suffered the same issue