Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

It's Go Go Go At Monza!

Don't think I've ever started a race thread before.

Whoever you're supporting, a Lewis win (and Nico DNF perhaps) would ensure this title race remains white hot.

As usual I'm going for a Hamilton pole + win although it rarely actually happens any more. A duck will probably fly in front of his face on the last lap causing him to spin off and Nico take the win.

Good start to the weekend though from a British point of view, 1st practice Lewis first and Jenson 2nd! I didn't look to see who was 3rd, but perhaps it was Chilton?

Race:

1 - Lewis

2 - Nico

3 - Bottas

4 - Alonso

5 - Ricciardo

6 - Vettel

7 - Button

8 - Raikkonen

9 - Hulk

10 - Magnussen

Where's Massa? He ended in the gravel at the first chicane.

Well I said it before,iam going Bottas win, yeah Williams set slow times in practice just before but I Beleive Massa was the quickest through the speed trap. Ill go

1 - Bottas

2- Button

3- Hamilton

4 - Rosberg

5 - Ricciardo

6- Alonso

7- Magnussen

8 - Veeyat (Kvyat) lol

9- Vettel

10- Massa

I put Vettel 9th as he will be struggling with a new damaged chassis. I say damaged because every chassis he has had this season, supposidely has been. (Sarcacism)

3- Hamilton

4 - Rosberg

Ah you're giving away your true feelings now haha! Glad you've seen sense!

p.s. i'm kidding before everyone gets their pants in a twist

I only place Hamilton up ahead of Rosberg because he is bound to get some points this weekend, he has to. Seriously though he collides with nico and the kamikaze Massa into turn one, who blames everyone because he didnt want to brake while everyone else did.

Apparently dan set the highest speed over the whole weekend through the speed trap at 362kph. Must have been in a slipstream,full ers and drs, man that's movin.

It was when he was carving his way through half the field.

Lol wonder what seb thought when he was running in fourth and dan in 11th, them falls victim to his own move by dan later in the race, he would've been like wtf.

Rosberg admitting Lewis pressured him into the mistake is horseSh#t. Sorry Mercedes, looked like it was totally on purpose to me.

Wow, like one of the comments said, what if they could hit full rpm? What we looking at then? Possibly 380?

Well that was a resounding beating from the first practice to the chequered flag. Normal service resumed in my books, and a clear reminder of who's boss!

I make that the 5th time this year Lewis has beaten Nico to the win, and zero times vice versa.

I do not believe at all that Nico missing the chicane was deliberate. If there was some pre-planned thing going on it would've been done in a lot less obvious way than that. Plus Nico had missed the chicane earlier in the race too.

I was also pleased that Lewis has answered any criticisms about his psychological state. To me the tables seemed completely turned; Nico moody throughout the weekend and rattled and making mistakes, Lewis calm, happy, driving imperiously.

Rosberg admitting Lewis pressured him into the mistake is horseSh#t. Sorry Mercedes, looked like it was totally on purpose to me.

I agree, orchestrated and it came off, explaining Wolff's sly smirk.

And the same 'mistake' earlier in the grand prix was a dry run? Considering how teams try to limit risk as much as they can, like trying not to do unnecessary pit stops, etc, it seems a far fetched idea that they would risk going off road not once, but twice.

I have no idea how Mercedes would force Rosberg to do that. He was not investigated for the incident at Spa and contractually I have no idea how Mercedes could impose such a sanction, unless they had some sort of proof that Rosberg did crash into Lewis on purpose? Also, any driver that actually agreed to such a course of action (barring any deliberate crash evidence) would be an almighty pussy and wouldn't actually deserve to win anything :lol:

I think Lewis drove a good, intelligent, race yesterday. I thought Rosberg was rattled at Spa and yesterday confirmed it. As soon as Lewis was any where near him, he made mistakes yesterday. Lewis was intelligent enough to know when to pressure Rosberg and it paid off. He was also able to drive quicker whilst saving more fuel and didn't wear out his tyres. He was also calm after his issues at the start and any other issues they Merc had later in the race (for both drivers) Lewis seemed able to manage them better.

Ricciardo was the one for me though. Took a while to get going, but made it count in the end and as the prizes are only given out at the end of the race, that's the time to make it stick. Some good overtakes and a good drive.

And the same 'mistake' earlier in the grand prix was a dry run? Considering how teams try to limit risk as much as they can, like trying not to do unnecessary pit stops, etc, it seems a far fetched idea that they would risk going off road not once, but twice.

I have no idea how Mercedes would force Rosberg to do that. He was not investigated for the incident at Spa and contractually I have no idea how Mercedes could impose such a sanction, unless they had some sort of proof that Rosberg did crash into Lewis on purpose? Also, any driver that actually agreed to such a course of action (barring any deliberate crash evidence) would be an almighty pussy and wouldn't actually deserve to win anything laugh.png

I think Lewis drove a good, intelligent, race yesterday. I thought Rosberg was rattled at Spa and yesterday confirmed it. As soon as Lewis was any where near him, he made mistakes yesterday. Lewis was intelligent enough to know when to pressure Rosberg and it paid off. He was also able to drive quicker whilst saving more fuel and didn't wear out his tyres. He was also calm after his issues at the start and any other issues they Merc had later in the race (for both drivers) Lewis seemed able to manage them better.

Ricciardo was the one for me though. Took a while to get going, but made it count in the end and as the prizes are only given out at the end of the race, that's the time to make it stick. Some good overtakes and a good drive.

Agree entirely.

Funny I could've guessed that there wouldn't be a single post saying what a great drive from Hamilton. The rate at which Lewis caught Nico after the start, and after the pit-stop, is rather embarrassing for Rosberg.

And agreed what a great drive from Ricciardo, again. Some amazing overtakes!

It is all about opinions. Wolff's little smirk did it for me.

I noticed that too although I then thought actually he's most likely just thanking the heavens that they didn't need to race wheel to wheel and risk another crash. It was obvious Lewis was going to get past somehow, so for Nico to make a mistake and remove that whole risk would've been great news for Wolff!

It is all about opinions. Wolff's little smirk did it for me.

I expect that was because the 'media' did not get to see what the 'media' wanted to see. And he then didn't have to do his job of managing the drivers :lol:

How come everybody "suddenly" forgot that all these off track scenes (as well as the pit radio comms) are ALWAYS transmitted with a delay? That smie from Toto was shown right after the incident, it was pretty obvious that it was probably something that happened before Rosberg had his issue.

Then again, a conspiracy, ridiculous as it seems (and based on a smile???? wtf??) is always more attractive than the most probable, but most boring option: that Rosberg made a mistake and that Toto Wolff is not Lex Luthor and does not smiles at evil things and most probably does not device complex killing machines to put their enemies in and then spend countless minutes explaining to them how will they get killed, his plans to rule the earth and possible ways to disarm the machine before leaving his enemy all by himself with 30 minutes to work his way out and a conveniently placed toolbox and armory within reach.

How come everybody "suddenly" forgot that all these off track scenes (as well as the pit radio comms) are ALWAYS transmitted with a delay? That smie from Toto was shown right after the incident, it was pretty obvious that it was probably something that happened before Rosberg had his issue.

Then again, a conspiracy, ridiculous as it seems (and based on a smile???? wtf??) is always more attractive than the most probable, but most boring option: that Rosberg made a mistake and that Toto Wolff is not Lex Luthor and does not smiles at evil things and most probably does not device complex killing machines to put their enemies in and then spend countless minutes explaining to them how will they get killed, his plans to rule the earth and possible ways to disarm the machine before leaving his enemy all by himself with 30 minutes to work his way out and a conveniently placed toolbox and armory within reach.

He is not Lex Luthor?? Now I know you are talking complete bollocks :lol:

Rosberg: Toto, do I have to apologise in public? Do you expect me to talk?

Toto: No, Mr.Rosberg, I expect you to DIE! MWAHAHAAHAH!...Or miss the chicane. You know. Whatever. *shrugs*

"Get to the chopper!"

And any other Arnie quotes, basically.

Anyway...let the photoshop activity commence. I want to see some creative Wolff villain photos.