Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Fia To Ban Performance Help From Pit Radio

Rather than banning radio messages - Ban the Stup1d and L@me DRS !

Formula E (as I watched last weekend) was all PURE overtaking / Slip Streaming ! REAL RACING !

Yeah but Formula E are all the exact same car. Formula One, there not.

Which makes it harder to pass, hence the FanBoost and similar chicanery.

FanBoost, DRS, Push to Pass, it is all artificial rubbish designed to compensate for the real problems. Way too much aero is the stand out, cars approach another and lose the front end aero, so let's introduce DRS.

It's a joke for starters. Ok, fans go onto the Formula E website and vote for there favourite driver. I Beleive the one with the most votes before a race weekend is the one award a power boost to the car, I guess similar to kers. It's bs.

Wow that does indeed sound stupid. How easy would it be to rig the numbers so you get a fanboost. Probably as easy as when companies bought fake friends on MySpace and also YouTube videos having fake views because someone setup a browser extension to hit refresh every 5secs 24/7.

If F1 ever brings this in, we're F'd. It'll be like 3 votes to Nico, 2 to Vettel and one gazillion to Lewis. All apparently kosher votes too we'll be told.

Lol and if lewis looses the vote's, could you imagine? "It's cuz iam black,right"

3 drivers in the Formula E race are given fanboost, based on votes (think you may need to download an App).

Those 3 drivers will then have 5 seconds of extra power which equates to a boost of 40bhp.

I watched the Formula E race in Beijing and the fanboost made literally no difference to the viewing experience. As a viewer I had no idea when any of the 3 drivers actually used it.

Yeah but was fan boost used for the first race? I can't see how, but I didnt watch it so I don't know.

It was defo in force because before the race, there was a graphic showing which 3 drivers had the boost. I can't remember who they were now, but I remember Katherine Legge was one of them.

I shall have to see if I can find the formula e race somewhere to watch.

By the sounds of it, the fanboost would be more entertaining if the drivers didn't know when they were going to get it. Now that would add a bit of fun :lol:

It was defo in force because before the race, there was a graphic showing which 3 drivers had the boost. I can't remember who they were now, but I remember Katherine Legge was one of them.

Really? How did Legge get it? Must be the whole "women in Motorsport" thing.

Never seen an interview with di grassi before but I saw his interview after his win and he was quite honest saying its not a way you want to win and and that there strategy was the wrong one also concerned about the drivers, seems like a nice guy,genuine bloke.

Never seen an interview with di grassi before but I saw his interview after his win and he was quite honest saying its not a way you want to win and and that there strategy was the wrong one also concerned about the drivers, seems like a nice guy,genuine bloke.

Well people remember winners and he is first winner of Formula E race ever.

Alonso is first Singapore winner if i am not mistaken. In a funny way too.shades.gif