Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Fia To Ban Performance Help From Pit Radio

More dangerous. He will be more likely to trigger the anti-stall on the grid. He will be more likely to cook the brakes and have a failure. He will be more likely to pick the wrong torque map and spin. He may even go around the wrong way without someone giving him directions.

More dangerous. He will be more likely to trigger the anti-stall on the grid. He will be more likely to cook the brakes and have a failure. He will be more likely to pick the wrong torque map and spin. He may even go around the wrong way without someone giving him directions.

Or maybe without radio those other voices that he hears will get louder and take control over him. shock2.gif

One driver who is not in favour of the clampdown is double World Champion Alonso.

"I think this rule has no benefit," said the Ferrari driver.

"It is like basketball or football [if] you don't allow the coach to say anything.

"At the end of the day it is just a very competitive sport. Some of the messages we receive are for safety; it is not only for performance."

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/9476071/Alonso-No-Benefit-To-Rule

I think he is missing something there, safety related messages are allowed. I like the one about Maldonado, now he does not need to tell the differences between the voices in his head and the radio.

James Allen said that what we hear on the TV is about 0.5% of the traffic. In other words, the volume of radio traffic is enormous.

Having thought about it, I am for it, it will make the driver manage the PU, fuel, diff, battery charge, brake temps etc and it will add more spice.

The starts are a worry, I can imagine several cars in anti-stall because the driver got the bite point wrong.

Now Ecclestone is talking about banning live telemetry. There is no point in the team having access to telemetry data during the race if they cannot advise the driver, but imagine the loss of ability to diagnose car performance back at the factory and drive car development.

I say bring it on.

......... I like the one about Maldonado, now he does not need to tell the differences between the voices in his head and the radio.....

loljump.gif

Thanks, my keyboard is now coffee-splattered.

I'm all for this, as others have said we hear very little of what's going on, so if they get the safety messages the rest should be up to the driver. They'll certainly need to become more familiar with their knobs.

Sounds like the FIA have done a little bit of a backtrack over what's allowed and what isn't. Rob Smedley, amongst others, I guess, predicted that would happen.

Can some one tell me, why can't we have atleast ONE season without changing anything. Think they would have sorted in 64 attempts wouldn't you?

Lol. 45mins of FP2, Maldonado hits the wall. Probably 'cos he wasn't instructed to slow down for the corner.

Wrong thread I know, but it's probably down to lack of pit instructions for knob fiddlingicecream.gif

Lol. 45mins of FP2, Maldonado hits the wall. Probably 'cos he wasn't instructed to slow down for the corner.

Wrong thread I know, but it's probably down to lack of pit instructions for knob fiddlingicecream.gif

Is radio banned during FP as well ? Coz Pastor didn't know what to do lmavfa.gif

Lol you know we have a restaurant named after the exact line Lotus and Williams would have used for Maldonado.

Fasta_Pasta.png

Same rules in FP as qualifying and race, as far as I know, but it all changed last night.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one-delay-full-ban-on-pittocar-radio-messages-till-2015/story-fnec578q-1227064813868

Lotus: Pastor, don't hit that wall. Turn the wheel, dipstick. Brake, brake, brake!

Maldonado: Which wall, you have to tell me which wall I am not to hit. Crunch.

Lotus: That one.