Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

3 Car Teams Coming?

What a crock Bernie is, we all know he is a fraudulent scumbag but a man who once said the small teams make formula one is now asking for three car teams. How the heck can teams like Caterham,Marussia, sauber and basically the entire field bar Redbull, Ferrari,Mercedes and Mclaren run a third car? They basically struggle with two and if that's the case and somehow by a miracle this goes ahead and some small team/s survive,how will they possibly score points when only 3 teams have to be in the top 10 to have the first nine positions. Bloody crazy, Bernie your an idiot, you need to be dragged out to a paddock and shot. Sorry for the harsh words but this man is single handedly killing the sport I love.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/316353/ecclestone-wants-third-cars-from-2015/

Little teams can't launder enough money for you Bernie, is that it?

As long as he doesn't mean three karts... or wait.

Anyway, with Montezemolo now giving interviews post-postmortem, there are only a handful of the old school left. With any luck, we'll get rid of them all in not too long.

Does the race look any good this weekend?

Absolutly, merc no so far ahead. Ricciardo was on pole, although being short lived but alonso looks quite menacing also.

that;s why Bernie wants 3 car teams, get rid of all the LOWER class .......... But 3 of the current Ferrari's ???? not sure that's a good move

Williams say they will bend to Bernie's wish if necessary, Mercedes, McLaren, Red Bull can afford it, Ferrari wouldn't do it, Nando won't allow it and no-be else could afford it. Lotus and Caterham are out of it, one of Force India's owners is in jail and the other one is broke, Sauber and Marussia may survive. After today and the whole season really, Button deserves to stay on merit. Young fast kids aren't winning anything worth having. To win WDCs and WCCs you need two world-class experienced drivers at the top of their game. End of.

You can't win championships with two number ones, you can, but extremly difficult and frustrating. They have already said it, Prost,Senna,Schumacher, to win world championships you need a number one and number two driver. Totally agree. As for button, all year he refuses to hit the canvas doesn't he? He takes all the punches, but still stands. I think the performance if this years Mclaren has severely hid his tremendous performances.

Winning the WDC won't always win the WCC for your team. You need your team mate racking up points too. In the last six seasons we have seen three dominant teams - Brawn, Red Bull and Mercedes. That may not be so next year.

From TV interviews over the race weekend it seems that all the team principals are against this. In fact the whole of F1 would probably be against it, so I echo webric in saying, "thanks for everything bernie, but please for the love of god shut up".

The small teams need support badly at the moment, not to be kicked when they're down!

Ohh I also read to that Bernie has ripped Johnnie Walker of Mclaren and swindled them I to becoming the main sponsor of the sport, so this man will even send teams that are established in the sport, to the ground in order to gain a few bucks. We all know how Mclaren have been struggling to land that big sponsor. I think this is the icing on the cake to proove Bernie couldn't give a crap about f1. It's all a out his addiction to corporate greed. Sad concidering a man who made his entire fortune of this sport, turn around and rob it for all it's got. It's like you killing your own mother just to steal her purse. Absolute f##k head. Now when we see innocent people gang bashed in the street, why can't it be some one like Bernie?

3 cars can mean 3 drivers in the same team fighting over victory/championship?

Imagine what will that do to the likes of Merc, Red bull and Ferrari. 2 Prima-donnas in Merc right now has already been a nightmare injured.gif

Bernie may need 3 car teams if the grid falls below 20. The contract he has with FIA for the F1 lease is based upon him providing 20 cars for a grand prix. He's just making sure he keeps control (of all the cash). If FIA took back the commercial control of F1, they would kill it!

Perhaps he should just throw a load of cash at Newman/Haas (sorry I forget the name, am I 20 years out of date?) to get them on the grid asap.

Anyway why is Bernie so scared all of a sudden that marussia and caterham aren't going to be around in 2015?

Perhaps he should just throw a load of cash at Newman/Haas (sorry I forget the name, am I 20 years out of date?) to get them on the grid asap.

Anyway why is Bernie so scared all of a sudden that marussia and caterham aren't going to be around in 2015?

This is what happens with so many rules and regulations, teams just can't turn up even if they have a f1 car built and with very limited testing. Turns a job into a mission.

Are you talking about the Gene Haas F1 initiative, Jem, with Ferrari as PU supplier? Newman-Haas was a JV between Carl Haas and Paul Newman. It has not completed in Indycar since 2011.

Oddly, both the Haas blokes are billionaires but are not related.

Newman died in 2008 and I tend to think the momentum of Newman-Haas died with him.