Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Japanese Gp

Well first of all the biggest revelation, Ricciardo is in fact human and can make mistakes! Seb team radio "is daniel ok" reveals he's human too weirdly enough.

Ron when asked about the Berger rumours: "I don't think it's worth much breath"

Jenson when asked if this is his last f1 race at suzuka: "It definitely isn't my last race in Japan! I am just doing my job, enjoying racing, especially on Sundays when it counts. And off-circuit I am doing exactly what I am asked to do and I feel a lot more. Whatever happens, I wouldn't feel sorry for me." - doesn't sound too positive any more does he.

And what on earth is going on here?

post-498-0-15151800-1412325849_thumb.jpg

I'm not too worried, in the 17 years I've been watching F1 there have been countless warnings of races not going ahead due to weather, and I've never ever seen a race called off before it's started.

Well first of all the biggest revelation, Ricciardo is in fact human and can make mistakes! Seb team radio "is daniel ok" reveals he's human too weirdly enough.

Ron when asked about the Berger rumours: "I don't think it's worth much breath"

Jenson when asked if this is his last f1 race at suzuka: "It definitely isn't my last race in Japan! I am just doing my job, enjoying racing, especially on Sundays when it counts. And off-circuit I am doing exactly what I am asked to do and I feel a lot more. Whatever happens, I wouldn't feel sorry for me." - doesn't sound too positive any more does he.

And what on earth is going on here?

post-498-0-15151800-1412325849_thumb.jpg

This is what I think about the entire driver circus as of now. Alonso may go to McLaren but Red Bull is a pointless destination. What's in it for them? I think McLaren's dithering is being caused by internal strife and it could be that Dennis and Boullier are for the chop. A new man like Berger will have his own ideas. It could be that Honda want Jenson to bed the car in and then move to an advisory role or even TP. People change and his 'racing in Japan' remark may point to that. It's possible he could be tied in to Haas. There are rumours that they may have put their money on the wrong pony in Ferrari and are switching to a customer Honda engine for 2016. Jenson would be key in fixing that up. All the focus is on Alonso but he could end up without a drive when the dust settles if he isn't very careful.

Clearly, something had to give. Vettel is moving on to Ferrari - if you listen to Red Bull - but no confirmation from them yet. All the pundits have Alonso going to Woking but nothing from McLaren. This must be like water torture for Jenson. He has been the main points scorer for Woking in the past three years and I consider McLaren are doing a very talented and loyal servant a massive disservice by not having the respect for him to have sorted this out by now. It's hardly rocket science - is it. Mansell, Senna or Prost would have told Dennis to stick it by now. JB let slip in an interview with Ted Carroll that through his fiancee, Jessica he is very well connected in Japan. That could mean a lot of things. Could be management, LM2, third driver - who knows? Keeping K-Mag makes sense but it may be a stumbling block for Alonso. Personally, I cannot see why Nando and Ferrari fell out and why McLaren feel Alonso may improve their fortunes. Ah well, he might stay there - who knows?

Yeah exactly, I thought Alonso and Ferrari were a match made in heaven and I honestly thought he would see his career out there. But in recent seasons we've seen a tired looking Alonso. Tired of not being rewarded for his flat out racing, which is what he has done for 4 seasons now, have to drive qualifying laps at every race. That is what makes me see him as the best driver since 2006.

Firstly, well done to nico. Secondly on Ricciardo. Made a silly mistake in practice and he admitted that and still wore his smile. He then went on to say he will use sebs data so to speak. I amazed he best seb using sebs own data if what he said is true. Nice of seb though to see if daniel was ok after that shunt as we saw in 2008, Timo Glock hit it hard. On the onboard, it looks alot worse than the trackside. Trackside camera makes the mistake look quite odd.

Why is same topic '' driver exchange'' present in three different threads! Or even four!

This should be about Japanese GP

Why is same topic '' driver exchange'' present in three different threads! Or even four!

This should be about Japanese GP

Well, apart from the impending typhoon, the biggest story of the GP weekend so far is Vettel moving on. It's a natural thing to discuss it.

I know that this is very interesting situation in formula one, best since 2007. But some info is posted in one thread, other info i other thread! Looks like moderators have left this forum! :-(

Do you guys think they have gone abit soft towards wet weather? I mean there have been a few races over the last few years that have started behind the safety car. I can't remember the last time I've seen them race in real rain. 10-15 years ago they would race it hard.

yes they are too soft now, those are best drivers in the world, rain start shouldn't be problem for them, even with this tyres!

I agree that Alonso is a master of self promotion, but why is it bad news for everyone?

Self-promotion is one thing. This type of hype and its timing show a degree of desperation.

It is bad news for everyone because, unless Alonso lands in Mercedes or RBR, the next season is going to be the same as the past ones, that is, unless a team produces a car massively faster than the rest, its drivers will achieve little. For the true F1 fans, this sucks. Where will Hamilton and Rosberg be next year without the Merc they have this year? Nowhere, look at their record. Where is Vettel now without the rocket he had for years? Nowhere, look at the season so far. And since Button came up recently, where has he been his entire career when he wasn't driving the Brawn? Nowhere.

Our only hope (as fans) is the Alonso stays at Ferrari and fights it out with Vettel... but this sucks for Alonso if Ferrari keeps putting lemons on track. As it does for the rest of us. Next year's championship will either be fought between to random drivers that luck into a dominant car or a random season (see 2008 for an example) because no team can produce a car sufficiently above the rest.

I know that this is very interesting situation in formula one, best since 2007. But some info is posted in one thread, other info I other thread! Looks like moderators have left this forum! :-(

Not at all. I have just responded to you. I have recommended several times that we revive the 'Today In F1' topic to post daily news but it falls on deaf ears. I am the sole moderator by the look of things right now but I am not going to throw my weight around, rather advise that we stop creating so many topics and keep the spammers at bay.

Self-promotion is one thing. This type of hype and its timing show a degree of desperation.

It is bad news for everyone because, unless Alonso lands in Mercedes or RBR, the next season is going to be the same as the past ones, that is, unless a team produces a car massively faster than the rest, its drivers will achieve little. For the true F1 fans, this sucks. Where will Hamilton and Rosberg be next year without the Merc they have this year? Nowhere, look at their record. Where is Vettel now without the rocket he had for years? Nowhere, look at the season so far. And since Button came up recently, where has he been his entire career when he wasn't driving the Brawn? Nowhere.

Our only hope (as fans) is the Alonso stays at Ferrari and fights it out with Vettel... but this sucks for Alonso if Ferrari keeps putting lemons on track. As it does for the rest of us. Next year's championship will either be fought between to random drivers that luck into a dominant car or a random season (see 2008 for an example) because no team can produce a car sufficiently above the rest.

Excellent post. Dumping Button for Alonso seems reckless rather than inspired. JB came into his own once he had a great car. Age is irrelevant as is one-lap pace. Points are everything. My bet is on Alonso passing on McLaren, taking a year out and letting JB do the dirty work for him. Either that or get involved with Lotus somehow.

Well it has been confirmed that Ferrari are keeping Raikkonen, so it's Raikkonen at Ferrari with Vettel. So, where is Mr Alonso going? Can you really see him taking time of? I can't, well I fear he does, last person to do that never came back, any one remember Mika Hakkinen and his "one" year off? Like mentioned earlier, Mclaren would be stupid to drop Jenson, but is that how high reguard Fernando is held in the paddock? That any team will throw away a driver just to try tame this Spanish bull? I think Alonso at Mclaren but I can't figure out what will happen will both Button and Magnussen

Cracking race, but I couldn't care about the results ATM, just hope Bianchi is ok.

It does not sound good, no radio response, red flag, off to hospital unconscious.

I agree, some of the people celebrating a win for Hamilton should be ashamed of themselves.

Where was the safety car? In those conditions, the way they baby the drivers at the start of the race and yet let something as close as this to the circuit on a corner with anyone with common sense would class it as a danger zone at anytime let alone in these conditions. If something happens here which I hope to god does not, I can't help but think negligence played apart here as I personally believe bianchi wouldn't have been going that quick if the safety car was out instead of yellow flags.

On another note, when was this specific regulation last changed when a red flag stops the race, they go back 4 laps prior to the race being stopped. Because I can quite frankly remember in 2003 when something similar happened at the Brazilian gp and went to the 4 laps prior rule which gave Raikkonen the win over Fisichella. Only for that rule to be overturned before the next gp at imola reverting to the 2 laps prior the red flag, which made Fisichella the winner instead of Raikkonen. That's the question I want to know, because it would place ricciardo third instead of seb. But like I said earlier, this isn't the main concern here.