Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Japanese Gp

I agree that FIA has made Formula one safe!

After that you are only left with this kind bizarre crashes like this!

You have to be so unlucky!

I agree it was a freak accident. The only negligence I see is having the tractor on the grass run off area before a safety car was deployed. But that hasn't been the first time that's occurred either.

Jules was going awfully fast too. Was the SC out yet, where the SC signs on? Where they waving double yellows at the spot of the circuit? Time will reveal all that info I think.

Negligence I see is that they kept them out there racing when visibility was almost nil, Jenson said in his whole career, he has never raced in such darkness except Singapore. Yet they kept them out when conditions were way worse than the conditions hampering the original start time. The could have stopped at lap 40, awarded full points and avoided this accident all together. I guess it's the inconsistency I can't stand. Can't not stop them from starting a race then leave them out then when conditions are worse than they were originally. That's the negligence I see.

That's more a matter of opinion than negligence though. Even Kimi stated it wasn't that bad in the wet, and he's not that great a wet weather driver. Thus if some drivers say it was ok, other say it was bad, how is that then equated to negligent?

Feels a bit retrospective though. Had there not been an accident no one would be complaining about all of this. If Jules doesn't make it, it will ratchet up a few notches yet again.

Yeah but safety isn't about questioning if the drivers options are correct. If some one sayes it's bad, common sense needs to prevail, I could tell just on my tv that conditions had worsened by atleast 50%

That is true, but it did and something has to be said and done.

At some times ou have to admit that nothing could have been done, but in this situation I Beleive something could have. If it was to wet to start and it was much lighter then, why keep them out past 40 laps if the weather is worse? That's what I can't comprehend.

Here's exactly what I've been talking about, Prost is livid over bianchis accident and why shouldn't he be? Yeah people can say what they like that he is a whinger and such but bottom line is, that this man who was world champion has put in time and effort himself to improove safety in the sport. So IMO his opinion has to be considered and it's exactly what I have been saying.

http://m.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/317641/prost-angered-about-bianchi-accident/