Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Andrea De Cesaris Dies In Motorcycle Accident

Ohh man, I used to like this guy, moved more teams than and game of musical chairs.

He was definitely entertaining. I checked, he drove for ten teams!

He made over 200 starts, so people must have thought he brought something to the party. He was on the podium five times and holds the record for race starts without a win.

Anyone remember James Hunt in commentary? He had a thing about Italians but none so much as De Cesaris.

I hope this is not considered disrespectful, I actually had huge respect for him.

He was the second best "almost there driver" IMO, just behind Jean Alesi.

He was definitely entertaining. I checked, he drove for ten teams!

He made over 200 starts, so people must have thought he brought something to the party. He was on the podium five times and holds the record for race starts without a win.

Anyone remember James Hunt in commentary? He had a thing about Italians but none so much as De Cesaris.

I hope this is not considered disrespectful, I actually had huge respect for him.

I remember Andrea well, sad to hear the news regardless of his reputation or results statistics. At the end of the day these guys all share the same passion so when someone is killed it's always a sad loss for the motorsport community. R.I.P. Andrea

Doesn't matter bout the results and its the same as the drivers nowadays, doesn't matter if you finish dead last, you have to be one ofnthe 20-25 top drivers on the entire planet just to get a look at let alone a seat.