Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Or Kimi Gone?

oh silly you, there you had to go and make me laugh Paul

Well, I have had to deal with you on here for quite a few years now, so I know how to deal with awkward people :whistling::lol:

Well, I have had to deal with you on here for quite a few years now, so I know how to deal with awkward people whistling.giflaugh.png

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Concerning Alonso and what you posted above.....#98 ......seriously,....stop pulling my leg!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Concerning Alonso and what you posted above.....#98 ......seriously,....stop pulling my leg!!!laugh.pnglaugh.png

I am not saying he is my favourite driver, but if I was a team owner, that's who I would be looking at. He is not the fastest in terms of outright speed, but he seems to be able to work around car deficiencies more than others at the moment, certainly more than his team mates of late.

What's that got to do with the price of fish!? I'm not bitter.

XZJSgPg.gif

German newspaper BILD admitted that they were requested by Ferrari , at Singapore GP , to write bad things about Alonso so they have reasons to fire him and bring Vettel! Probably they need to justify their decision to fire Alonso to Tifosi, who like Alonso very much!

Who knows how much newspapers said yes to Ferrari offer!

Why would you take the risk? We have all heard of celebrities taking press to court over false accusations, he would do the same IMO, type of guy to do it, especially if it really slanders him or Ferrari, I think all drivers who have or are driving for Ferrari,learnt of Alain in 1991

I am not saying he is my favourite driver, but if I was a team owner, that's who I would be looking at. He is not the fastest in terms of outright speed, but he seems to be able to work around car deficiencies more than others at the moment, certainly more than his team mates of late.

Thats my point Paul, car deficiencies that he (Alonso) creates because of his preferential treatment? Whatever feedback he gives hampers the team and the other driver. You don't see that??? Surely you have to admit there's something more to it.

I have never seen a team so dedicated to a driver yet fail so miserably as Ferrari these last 5 years!!!

Thats my point Paul, car deficiencies that he (Alonso) creates because of his preferential treatment? Whatever feedback he gives hampers the team and the other driver. You don't see that??? Surely you have to admit there's something more to it.

I have never seen a team so dedicated to a driver yet fail so miserably as Ferrari these last 5 years!!!

Funny how this theory never stuck for Mark Webber and Redbull, mate there's ten times more evidence there and Mark himself even said something isn't right. But alonso must be the reason kimi is getting smoked this season. So instead of winning a championship which he is dedicated to do, driving qualy laps in every gp since he joined Ferrari prooves that, it falls second to sabotaging a team mate. That's good but I think kimi being massively overrated fits the shoe even more nicely. Another thing, kimi hasn't over come nothing, Vettel is improving faster than kimi has. Can't Beleive what I just read, the excuses will be coming out now as people didnt expect this. They might have thought alonso would just beat kimi but he is smoked him and the domination has been so long now, it's given kimi fans plenty of time to make excuses and that seems to be the case. If it was any other driver like fisi or Massa or barrichello, this place would be rife with slander to remove that current driver.

loljump.gif I've seen people take that theory seriously, though.

Besides being utter tosh, even if it was right it would (as every other "Alonso is Darth Vader" theory" would) demonstrate that he is even better if he has managed to make 4 different teams and the whole FIA cater to his every whim, while mannaging to sabotage or force his teams to sabotage 9 other drivers, including a former WDC.

Then again, maybe the former WDC (lucky winner) who has struggled against Montoya, who was no better than Massa (also obliterated by Darth Fred), who barely beat Grosjean (another victim of the Monobrow) is just not as good.

- "Kimi...I am your Daddy "

bow.gif

I don't have to admit there's more to it at all. I am not one of these that subscribes to the theory that drivers make all the difference to car development. I think they can make some difference, but I don't think it's night and day. I think they can have ideas and theories for engineers to work on, but certainly in this day and age it's a lot more complicated than that.

You know I love Kimi and if he gets comfortable in the car I fully expect him to challenge Alonso, he has been closer of late.

Yeah but how much longer does he need to get comfortable? Another two seasons? This is what iam getting at, any other driver would get slaughtered on here comparing relative performances to alonso.

Yeah but how much longer does he need to get comfortable? Another two seasons? This is what iam getting at, any other driver would get slaughtered on here comparing relative performances to alonso.

I was not aware Kimi had been Alonso's team mate for 2 seasons already, I thought it hadn't even been 1 full season yet.

Kimi won't get slaughtered because he doesn't rile people enough with stupid comments and claims. He just turns up, does as little pr bollocks as he can and goes racing. Then again, I don't really remember too much being said about Alonso's other team mates, except for Lewis of course.

Iam going to have to mark sarcastic comments? Because I thought it was pretty explanatory, now it's starting to get a tad bit personal. I can tell due to the replies, why are kimi fans so imotional? Bet kimi would pi55 his pants with laughter with all these excuses made for him. I've got no problem with kimi, my issue mainly lies with his fans, speaking bad about him,gets the same reaction as if someone has said something racist.

Iam going to have to mark sarcastic comments? Because I thought it was pretty explanatory, now it's starting to get a tad bit personal. I can tell due to the replies, why are kimi fans so imotional? Bet kimi would pi55 his pants with laughter with all these excuses made for him. I've got no problem with kimi, my issue mainly lies with his fans, speaking bad about him,gets the same reaction as if someone has said something racist.

I was just joking with you and I left off the smiley, sorry, but don't get your knickers in a twist over some forum comments, it's not worth it :lol:

I will let you in on a secret, though, I think Kimi is great, but I am not a Kimi fan as such and I have never made any excuse for Kimi's performances, he is what he is.

It is very telling, though, that you automatically assume anybody who you perceive to be saying something good about Kimi, is a fan. Not everyone can be pigeon-holed like that.

No that is true and I apologise for that, but it's the fact everyone I've come accross who has seen comments about kimi, defend him like a sibling, so I presumed anyone defending was a fan like this, simply because there is so many of them. Sorry my mistake. But I think we'll have to agree to disagree. But one thing is for sure, it would be hard for all these drivers to cope with and yet all these journos want to do is ask stupid and emotional questions about his condition. I was offended and I don't even know the guy so I can only imagine how angry and pi55ed of it makes them. Heck I heard one journo say "do you think anything could have been done to prevent bianchi's crash" seriously wtf, there's a time and a place to ask questions like that, they have already been answered so now let them get on with the job there the best at and remembering jules in the only way they know how.

Some drivers seem to polarise opinion more than others. I have no idea why, but maybe it s the type of fan they attract. Hamilton is a case in point, some people get very precious if someone says something critical of him. Perhaps with Raikkonen it is his quirkiness which appeals as well as his undoubted skill. Why that makes his fans sensitive to criticism, I have no idea.

Personally, I do not really have a favourite driver, I admire every driver to quite an extent, although there are some who should not be there, and some appeal more than most, usually due to personality.

Alonso is a little different in my mind, I do not think his personality is very nice and he has done some dodgy deeds in the past, but he is so incredible in the car, particularly when it is a dog, so his awesomeness over-rides any perception that I have that he is a tool.

Vettel is extremely good, it is simply not possible to win 4 x WDC otherwise, irrespective of the car advantage. I like his off track personality, he has a great sense of humour and is actually quite humble, but I cannot get past that finger.

Anyway, we all have or preferences but it is just our opinion, and you know what they say about those.

Yeah well said and well put Andy, I can't agree more about Alonso or Vettel, that's exactly how I feel about the pair also. Yeah Alonso is a clown but his ability, like you said Andy to drive a dog, I just sit back in awe, you can visibly see that this man has to drive qualifying laps every single lap to get the results he has had, his determination behind the wheel is almost senna like. As for Vettel, I see him as someone who needs all the eggs in the basket to achieve the results, but in saying that, he is able to exploit that to maximum advantage.

Some drivers seem to polarise opinion more than others. I have no idea why, but maybe it s the type of fan they attract. Hamilton is a case in point, some people get very precious if someone says something critical of him. Perhaps with Raikkonen it is his quirkiness which appeals as well as his undoubted skill. Why that makes his fans sensitive to criticism, I have no idea.

Personally, I do not really have a favourite driver, I admire every driver to quite an extent, although there are some who should not be there, and some appeal more than most, usually due to personality.

Alonso is a little different in my mind, I do not think his personality is very nice and he has done some dodgy deeds in the past, but he is so incredible in the car, particularly when it is a dog, so his awesomeness over-rides any perception that I have that he is a tool.

Vettel is extremely good, it is simply not possible to win 4 x WDC otherwise, irrespective of the car advantage. I like his off track personality, he has a great sense of humour and is actually quite humble, but I cannot get past that finger.

Anyway, we all have or preferences but it is just our opinion, and you know what they say about those.

So it's the Kimi, Vettel and now Nico fans that have been the main propagators of the boo brigade then? I mustn't have got the memo because I'm pretty sure it's made up by a good chunk of Hamilton and Alonso supporters. Thus whose are the sensitive ones? The fans that accept, even begrudgingly the result, and congratulate the winner on their success? Or the rude obnoxious ones who boo the crap out of a driver after he's risked life and limb to race as hard as he can on the day.

Name me any driver and you can find posts on here by fans sticking up for an supporting their fav drivers.

I find it incredibly ironic that there isn't posts from Kimi and Vettel fans saying all Hamilton and Alonso fans and supporters are sensitive to criticism. Hmm maybe we should since we're in the modern day age of Political Correctness gone horribly wrong.

Why that makes (Hamilton and Alonso) fans sensitive to criticism, I have no idea.

There you go, fixed :)

So it's the Kimi, Vettel and now Nico fans that have been the main propagators of the boo brigade then? I mustn't have got the memo because I'm pretty sure it's made up by a good chunk of Hamilton and Alonso supporters. Thus whose are the sensitive ones? The fans that accept, even begrudgingly the result, and congratulate the winner on their success? Or the rude obnoxious ones who boo the crap out of a driver after he's risked life and limb to race as hard as he can on the day.

Name me any driver and you can find posts on here by fans sticking up for an supporting their fav drivers.

I find it incredibly ironic that there isn't posts from Kimi and Vettel fans saying all Hamilton and Alonso fans and supporters are sensitive to criticism. Hmm maybe we should since we're in the modern day age of Political Correctness gone horribly wrong.

Why that makes (Hamilton and Alonso) fans sensitive to criticism, I have no idea.

There you go, fixed :)

Omg, this is exactly what iam talking about. "Koolmonkey" your a classic, how many of you, you got in there?

FYI I could hardly care when someone bags out webber for whinging or Schumi or whoever I support, cuz quite frankly there decision doesn't make up my mind of who I support,I would never "boo" a driver either, I thought you would be mature and old enough monkey to cop it on the chin. Not like iam bashing your brother so to speak. One thing i would like to ask you monkey. Why is it you think people boo Vettel? Is it because everyone is wrong and your right? Not saying "booing" is correct but hey, something must pi55 them off.

KM, you seemed to take offence at what was intended as a discussion and drew some longbow implications from what I said. I do not recall using the word 'boo' at all. Neither did I mention Rosberg, but you seemed to think I made suggestions about his fans booing.

No offence was meant, as I said I was just expressing my opinion, nothing more.

Andy I didn't take any offense to what you wrote, rather I only quoted what you wrote because you were then mirroring what WebRic has been going on about all year now. It's become beyond monotonous to keep on reading posts quite often to new posters and members on here that they better not post anything anti Kimi or Vettel, else his fans will pounce. It's like a joke someone tells, doesn't finish it and just keeps laughing to themselves. The person doing the pouncing, and the "warnings" is in actuality the only one doing what he's warning others to be wary of. The mention of the boo brigade was in relation to you using the word sensitive. How is defending a driver you support then classified as sensitive? It's not like anyone's said, oh my, I don't like Kimi's haircut, and 10 people all race to denigrate that poster now is it.

Opinions are great, that's why we all come here as we all have them.

Well if others notice it mate, it must standout. I mention it time and time again because it happens time and time again. Can't you see that? It's like screaming racism. At the end of the day monkey, it's YOU who chooses to read the comment and its YOU who chooses to reply. You seem to forget we can have some awesome convo's but god forbid if I bag kimi or seb and iam telling you now, I ain't going to stop. As I know if webber or ricciardo was performing like kimi is. People would be screaming to get rid of them. That's the truth and you very well know it is.

Reading between the lines, KM, I think your reaction was directed at your long running feud with WebRic. Maybe read what I wrote again, please, and see if I was indeed mirroring WebRic.

I do not understand the connection between sensitive and booing. I said some fans are sensitive about their driver, that has nothing to do with booing a driver, which I think is deplorable. Defending your favourite driver is fine, but some people are indeed over-sensitive. Every perceived sleight is taken far too seriously and leads to a storm of anger.

I am not that guy and I would like to think you are not, either.

I mean no harm at all towards KM. We have had some awesome convo's and if you look at previous threads, I actually agree with him on most things and find his replies quite knowledgable and intresting but it completly rubs me the wrong way when not even one thing negative is allowed to be said about there favourite driver. Like I said earlier, I couldn't care if people bag who I support because at the end of the day, I couldn't care less about anyone's opinion when I pick who I choose to follow as iam old enough to just not listen to it, all though I respect there opinion, doesn't mean I care about it when it concerns my fav driver.