Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Alonso Or Kimi Gone?

Without Alonso, Ferrari would be exactly where they are now....in the brown stuff. The last time he was in a winning car, Lewis kicked his butt. The last time Lewis,Seb, Jenson or Kimi were in a winning car, they won WDC, hell even Massa almost did. He's just become a grumpy old man because he knows he's not getting another chance.To me, he's the new Webber.

I agree with you! If you are on drugs! Do you see dragons too?

I love how finishing on same points is equivalent to an a## kicking.

I love how finishing on same points is equivalent to an a## kicking.

The cheerleaders have a program to follow and it has nothing to do with results.

These are, after all, the same cheerleaders that ignore Ricciardo's soundly beating Vettel in qualifying, racing, and, well,... everything while repeating with stunned eyes that Ferrari is lucky to have Vettel because has finished ahead of Ricciardo a couple of times.

See them now delighted with Montezemolo's latest cry for attention. Any real motor-racing fan would be concerned at the potential loss of a driver like Alonso. But the TV says "jump" and the cheerleaders squeak hysterically "how high, how high".

The easily debunkable drama around Todt is but one example of... a deluge of them.

The cheerleaders have a program to follow and it has nothing to do with results.

These are, after all, the same cheerleaders that ignore Ricciardo's soundly beating Vettel in qualifying, racing, and, well,... everything while repeating with stunned eyes that Ferrari is lucky to have Vettel because has finished ahead of Ricciardo a couple of times.

See them now delighted with Montezemolo's latest cry for attention. Any real motor-racing fan would be concerned at the potential loss of a driver like Alonso. But the TV says "jump" and the cheerleaders squeak hysterically "how high, how high".

The easily debunkable drama around Todt is but one example of... a deluge of them.

Very well said mate, couldn't have said it better myself.

:D

If that's the case, Schumi utterly smoked hill in the 94 season, hey he won by one point but absolutly dusted hill in the process.

If that's the case, Schumi utterly smoked hill in the 94 season, hey he won by one point but absolutly dusted hill in the process.

I was blind Alonso fan once, but with getting older i realised many stuff!

About life generally! I don't expect from him to be a saint any more, and i appreciate his achievements even more now! And achievements of other drivers! It isn't everything in results to me anymore ! I try to see every aspect of racing! Driver, track condition, car condition, etc, even luck! I try to be objective!

PS! I don't like Vettel! I'll never will!

That's exactly right. So many variables have to be concidered. Cars "actual" performance and where it is actually sitting in the standings. For example. Just want to make it clear this is not a dig at kimi. But if any other driver was in the car with alonso, we would be saying to step on it as alonso is showing the cars actual pace. But when it's kimi and he has been reguarded as one of the best, all of a sudden the cars performance becomes irrelevant and alonso's performance is over shadowed. People think kimi isn't used to the car still. Could it be that where kimi has that Ferrari is its maximum potential? But somehow like every season since 2010, alonso has found something extra that previous teammates couldn't find. Just like senna did and that's how I look at drivers, how they maximise there equipment compared to others, reguardless of competitiveness. Because even though cars like Caterham and Marussia and such know very well they won't win the race they have entered. They still Beleive they can and that's where in circumstances like that, we see the true abilities of drivers. Like Jenson this season at Mclaren and Bottas at Williams, these drivers have maximised what they have got not to mention ricciardo this year. That's what I mean by saying youn don't have to be a champion to be a champion.

I see Kimi struggle this season! I think this car doesn't suit his driving style! If Ferrari made car that suits him, he would be on Alonso's level or faster, if we speak just about speed! Racecraft i don't want to mention, and i don't get into it!

But Alonso's strength is being adaptive!

That is why i rate him higher than Kimi!

I better car i wouldn't be surprised if Kimi beat him!

At the end i have to say that is hard for me to judge someone who is in Formula One and at that level of ability to be WDC.

But this is fan forum, and it's purpose is just that!

To have discusson between fans!

That's exactly right. So many variables have to be concidered. Cars "actual" performance and where it is actually sitting in the standings. For example. Just want to make it clear this is not a dig at kimi. But if any other driver was in the car with alonso, we would be saying to step on it as alonso is showing the cars actual pace. But when it's kimi and he has been reguarded as one of the best, all of a sudden the cars performance becomes irrelevant and alonso's performance is over shadowed. People think kimi isn't used to the car still. Could it be that where kimi has that Ferrari is its maximum potential? But somehow like every season since 2010, alonso has found something extra that previous teammates couldn't find. Just like senna did and that's how I look at drivers, how they maximise there equipment compared to others, reguardless of competitiveness. Because even though cars like Caterham and Marussia and such know very well they won't win the race they have entered. They still Beleive they can and that's where in circumstances like that, we see the true abilities of drivers. Like Jenson this season at Mclaren and Bottas at Williams, these drivers have maximised what they have got not to mention ricciardo this year. That's what I mean by saying youn don't have to be a champion to be a champion.

Yep.

However, it must also be said that the kind of fanatical scrutiny some drivers are victims of has positive results on the tract. It is an unintended result but welcome nonetheless.

I see Kimi struggle this season! I think this car doesn't suit his driving style! If Ferrari made car that suits him, he would be on Alonso's level or faster, if we speak just about speed! Racecraft i don't want to mention, and i don't get into it!

But Alonso's strength is being adaptive!

That is why i rate him higher than Kimi!

I better car i wouldn't be surprised if Kimi beat him!

At the end i have to say that is hard for me to judge someone who is in Formula One and at that level of ability to be WDC.

But this is fan forum, and it's purpose is just that!

To have discusson between fans!

Hard to say because felipe was more than a match for kimi at Ferrari, but got smashed by alonso aswell. I think just because he hasn't won a title in almost ten years, people over look alonso actual ability and its remarkable, there wouldn't be one team out there that wouldn't want him, reguardless of the spectacles he makes.

Hard to say because felipe was more than a match for kimi at Ferrari, but got smashed by alonso aswell. I think just because he hasn't won a title in almost ten years, people over look alonso actual ability and its remarkable, there wouldn't be one team out there that wouldn't want him, reguardless of the spectacles he makes.

True!