Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Russian Grand Prix

Well as expected anything with a merc bolted in its anus is unbeatable here. Suprised at vettel's lack of performance and the team couldn't really find the answer or have an explaination for it. Kvyat did incredibly well as did ricciardo, he got it sorted in the end but still not quick enough. Renault really need to up there game Redbull give away to many points in circuits like this due to lack of punch. So are we in for a duel of epic proportions tomorrow? Or is lewis just to fast for nico? The body language from nico in the press room was abit foul, not even wearing his team hat, wtf up with that? Talks like he was happy but body speaks louder.

I have to admit that my interest is negligible. All to do with Bianchi, not an emotional guy but bloody hell.

Yeah I know, it's shocked the sh17 out of me. I think it's because it's been so so long since anything serious like this. I mean Massa was bad, but not like this, if he doesn't make it. Well I don't even want to think about it.

I just wish the reporters/journalists would stop asking the drivers if they are thinking about Bianchi in the car, etc. I am not sure what the drivers can say. Uunless the race is called off, they have to get out their and drive. What else can they do other than put it out of their mind and get on with the job.

The news regarding Bianchi is very bad. There is a real fear he may not hang on now. I hope not. When Jochen Rindt died I cried like a baby. It's tough for us hardcore fans. I don't actually think we should be in Sochi, that's the way I feel but in normal circumstances it looks like a testing track. What make the whole thing more of a downer for me is just how callous McLaren are in keeping their drivers on a knife edge. Are you telling me these people haven't got their Sh#t together yet? Button actually came out and said today that his family were massively confused as to how he had landed in such a precarious situation after all he had achieved in the sport. I have to agree. It's not just Jenson. It would appear that Vettel has served his purpose as far as Red Bull are concerned as well. Mateschitz said he 'was not disappointed that Seb was leaving' - charming. Hamilton is the best driver out there right now closely followed by Alonso, Bottas, Button and Ricciardo. Rosberg is getting a great ride in a great car but he's better than Seb who had a greater ride in a greater car. Kimi needs to pack in it gracefully. If I were Mattiaci he would have to go. The Mercs are catchable now but Lewis isn't. Jules had everything going for him but that's F1. It gives and it takes away - always.

Well, that was a reasonably uneventful grand prix. Not very exciting to watch, but maybe it's what was needed after last week's grand prix.

It was pretty much a procession. Jenson looked way down despite his 4th place. He has done exactly what has been asked of him and more. K-Mag drove from 11th to 5th and you can't ask foe more that that either. Even Boullier seems downbeat and he is not singing the praises of his drivers as robustly as before. Just what is going on at Woking is anyone's guess. I am NOT convinced Alonso is going to McLaren. He made it clear it wasn't a Mercedes-powered team he was bound for and he wanted to do his best for Ferrari . That leaves RBR, Sauber and Torro Rosso. Sauber makes a lot of sense. He would be taking a massive package of sponsorship with him and perhaps getting co-ownership of the team through an involvement with Lawrence Stroll. It could be the Ferrari B team. That's my tip. Great drive from Pirelli, sorry I mean Rosberg smile.png

What you guys think about ricciardo asking for seb to move over?

Ok, that was rather boring. You know the race is not interesting when Putin gets more TV time than the cars.

Ok, that was rather boring. You know the race is not interesting when Putin gets more TV time than the cars.

I suspect that was part of the contract for the race, even if it had been exciting :lol:

Yeah bet he bullied his way into that aswell. Australia wants to ban him from attending the g20 summit here in November.

Now Tony Abbott (PM) says he is gong to shirtfront Putin at the G20. What a load of codswallop.

I am sure everyone noticed Ecclestone and Putin, thick as thieves.

Ohh yeah. What a clown tony abbot is. Here he is saying not to listen to this "international bully" but yet he tends to front him in his friggen budget smugglers. Two wrongs don't make a right, trying to bully his points back. I would love to see tony abbott out in public, I would give him a bloody serving just like this fella

He is a disgrace and needs to be dragged out to the pasture by his bloody ears and shot.

MILD MODERATION: Er, we are a little off topic here guys. This one for the Cafe?

Can tell from this thread that the race wasn't that exciting! Hardly any discussion.

Both mclaren drivers looked a bit downbeat despite both having superb weekends. For JB to qualify and finish 4th is a huge step forward. He's now on nearly double the points of his team-mate, I wish they'd just hurry up and make some announcement.

Lewis once again in imperious form, 9 wins now, and if the Mercs stay reliable then it's hard to see Nico winning the WDC. How quick things can change! Only a few races ago Nico was sitting pretty.

Funny awkward moment in the pre-podium room where all drivers were handshaking, then the Merc boys both turned round at the same time, paused and just walked around each other!

Wasnt expecting Putin to rock up with 10 minutes to spare. Will we see Obama in Austin??

Yeah definatly alot of tension between nico and lewis now isn't there? I mean they say other wise but the body language is disgusting towards each other.