Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Massa

Like others, I think, I am increasingly frustrated at the noise made by Massa. I was sceptical when it was reported that he said he and been screaming into the radio at Suzuka about the conditions being so bad that the race should be stopped, prior to Bianchi's accident. Wise after the event were my thoughts.

Here is what Whiting said:

In his Sochi briefing, Whiting denied Felipe Massa’s claims that the Brazilian was “screaming” on the radio at the time of Bianchi’s crash for the race to be stopped due to worsening conditions.

“That’s not true,” Whiting insisted, according to Speed Week. “We recorded everything. He (Massa) said once: ‘The rain conditions are getting worse’.”

Massa made more noise when told of this and renewed his claims. Does he not know that the FIA have recordings?

Reports that Marussia were urging Bianchi to push hard prior to the accident are not good reading. Neither are the reports that Doctors have discussed turning off life support.

http://gptoday.com/f...ights_for_life/

Well it's hard to Beleive either isn't? I mean I see charlie differently now as i personally feel there was negligence on his behalf before this incident occurred. IMO Charlie hasn't put a foot wrong, until Suzuka.

Another thing, why don't they let the recording to air, so it can clear the air and we find out if the FIA is hiding something or Massa just imitating pavoroti again.

Massa is a bit of a dweeb in these sorts of things. Understandable since his accident, but he, along with everyone else, had the opportunity to pull into the pits and stop driving. No one has a gun to their heads.

Likewise, the only person at fault with Jules crash is Jules. He didn't drive to the conditions, i.e. slow down. But these days it always has to be someone elses fault, and never any personal responsibility.

Like I said in another thread recently, I smacked the armco very hard the other week in a wet weather race, wiping out the rear corner of my car. Several drivers in my class sat out the race, and they all have perfectly good, working cars. I don't. I also could have seriously hurt myself. Luckily, I only had a sore neck for a few days, and a bruise on my right hand side. Should I blame race control and the stewards for letting us race in pouring rain? No. Of course not. They didn't make me plant my right foot down the straight. They didn't make me think I could pass the guy infront of me that was going slower because of the wet. No, it was all on me. My choice, to race, to go fast, and the consequences are on me, even if Sh#t happens.

Your missing the point. It's the inconsistancy that is the issue here. For sure, I think racing should be go all the time, no matter the conditions and as you said, if you don't feel safe, pull in the pits and get out. But if there going to make a ruling, then overstep that original ruling in the first place just because there put under abit of pressure is wrong. Like I said earlier, they postponed a race due to safety, yet when conditions got twice as bad and visibility reduced due to the weather and the natural course of the day, they kept going. But in saying "just come in the pits and get out", I don't think it's as easy as that these days like it was back when lauda pulled the pin in wet weather. Sponsorships didnt mean as much and didnt pay as much. That's the bottom line all the time reguardless what sport or whatever it is, money will always come first before safety. That's most likely why the race wasnt stopped as the pressure from tv stations who already has a loss time on the race would have pushed to get the full race distance. They would have got the same amount of points by stopping on lap 40 when conditions flared up and we would still have bianchi fit and ready to go. I know in hindsight it's easy to say that but common sense needs to prevail first before safety will ever be at its highest form.

Can a driver just pull in the pits and stop just because he feels unsafe even if the team didn't advise so? Particularly if everyone else is still running?

Technically maybe yes, but not sure if it's a good idea to the eyes of the Team and the sponsors.

Unfortunately, Felipe's got a real squeaky bottom right now and I can see him retiring. The danger outweighs the benefits for him, I believe. It may be Jenson's only lifeline as the McLaren driver saga turns into farce. They already have what they say they need. Alonso isn't getting any younger and signing him would be a short-term solution surely. Dennis has failed in his brief to raise sponsorship and Boullier is a 'yes' man who has overseen several pit lane c#ck ups this year. The blame for two bad years lies at Woking. Button has saved their faces on numerous occasions during that time. There was a time when Massa got Ferrari out the poop too. He was fearless then but I have never seen him this nervous; there is a tremble in his voice of late and as long as Bottas is there, he will struggle with his WDC ambitions. It may be time to go - he is certainly not himself.

Massa is a bit of a dweeb in these sorts of things. Understandable since his accident, but he, along with everyone else, had the opportunity to pull into the pits and stop driving. No one has a gun to their heads.

Likewise, the only person at fault with Jules crash is Jules. He didn't drive to the conditions, i.e. slow down. But these days it always has to be someone elses fault, and never any personal responsibility.

Like I said in another thread recently, I smacked the armco very hard the other week in a wet weather race, wiping out the rear corner of my car. Several drivers in my class sat out the race, and they all have perfectly good, working cars. I don't. I also could have seriously hurt myself. Luckily, I only had a sore neck for a few days, and a bruise on my right hand side. Should I blame race control and the stewards for letting us race in pouring rain? No. Of course not. They didn't make me plant my right foot down the straight. They didn't make me think I could pass the guy infront of me that was going slower because of the wet. No, it was all on me. My choice, to race, to go fast, and the consequences are on me, even if Sh#t happens.

You nailed it. Spot on. You don't have a multi-million dollar contract but you do have a choice.