Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BrisbaneAndy

Mgp Budget

The article says $245M on power unit, $46M on drivers, $304M on the chassis.

I dunno if that is net of earnings from power unit sales. That would be development costs from scratch inclusive, I imagine, so next year's costs should be fraction of that, even with ongoing development costs.

I wonder what Renault and Ferrari spent? A lot less is my guess.

Wernt formula one reducing costs? Or has Bernie filled his pockets once again?

Yeah, iam sure we could've kept the NA cars, v10/12's,refuelling,qualifying engines and unlimited tyres and still fall under what merc spent. I rekon merc were mucking around one day by building a turbo engine and realised what they made was incredible, so at the next FIA board meeting, some merc representative comes up with the idea of returning the sport back to the turbo era. Perfect timing to change the guard don't you think? Everyone was getting fed up with an energy drinks company making a mockery of formula one. Ferrari had there turn and what better way to appeal to a wide range of people who not only know Mercedes but own one or will buy one once there success has been well heard. Everyone benifits. Except the diehard fans. And that's the problem right there. Not everyone goes for the big name drivers, so they don't get to see there team or driver finally making it up the grid like the old days because regulations are changed that frequent now, smaller teams never have a chance to catch up. Remember how we saw Jordan gradually rise to the top? Or sauber into BMW sauber and there front running cars. This I fear will never happen again. It's now a more "hit or miss" approach, you either nail it or you don't.

As soon as the winning stops, they'll do what jaguar, Renault, Honda and Toyota before them have and running for the hills. Merc won't be in F1 in ten years time. Only Ferrari, willIams and McLaren seem to hang around through bad times and good. The rest just get traded like car keys at a swingers party.

I didnt know jaguar and Toyota won races. Jaguar when it was Stewart,yes won "a" race but Toyota didnt. Merc have been in formula one longer than most teams. They've supplied Mclaren since 1995.

Well, they do throw their money around...to their employees. The two young engineers that work with me have a friend that is working for MGP in their Graduates Programme...he has pocketed around GBP500 for every race win this year, and now is going to get another 10k for the WCC...and he's an apprentice.

I don't care personally if MGP spend $100 or $1billion. It has nothing to do with me; they can manage their business in whatever manner they want. They could possibly do what they have done on less, but they have chosen not to. But, as I say, I couldn't give a rats behind about it.

If they didnt just advertise those apprentiships over in Europe, then other kids with the same passion could have a shot. I've had heaps of European autosport mags sent to me and there is about 5-6 pages on the back of every issue from f1 teams looking for these exact kids to put in there programe. Not fair, I would have loved a shot at that.