Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radical-one

Hamilton's Bling

Let's see how Lewis will behave after Nico wins the next race.

The only way that's gonna happen is if Lewis's car breaks again!

I dont doubt your integrity and so I know you wouldnt google answers, ergo your knowledge borders on freak-level!

Hmm I only started watching f1 in '98, let me see...it's gona have to be a guess....Forti?

Edit: just googled it and I was very wrong.

The 1999 European GP was memorable. One of the many leader-retirements was Ralf Schumacher, but what caused his retirement?

The team that went bust after the Australian gp in 1997 was Lola. Vincenzo Sospiri and Ricardo Rosset were the drivers.

Ralf retired with a puncture didnt he? That damaged his suspension. Rear puncture.

As for my knowledge on f1 in the 90s, I've watched it since say 90/91 but really got right into it once senna died, started reading heaps of books,playing heaps of games and basically used to spend my spare time just reading about formula one history. Know abit about NBA basketball to as I was a massive Jordan fan. Still collect his shoes to this day, have heaps of them. As for the question about the drivers for pacific. When we were talking on the f12014 thread I mentioned I think this classic game called GP2 is the most realistic still. That's based on the 1994 season and came with a book on the entire 94 season. As I kid I read it a million times,still look back at it now and just takes me back to a time I cherish. The game still rocks and I know the 94 season inside and out lol. Still play gp2 every now and then.

How did Michael Schumacher retire from his 100th gp?

I have literally no idea what race was Schumi's 100th. Better do some head-maths....back in the 90's seasons were about 16 races long, so it was probably towards the end of his 6th season, possibly start of his 7th. Although his first season was about 5 races at the end of '91, and he missed a few in '94...

His 6th full season was 1997. I'm going to guess that Jerez '97 was his 100th race and he retired due to a collision.

Oooooo close mate. It was 1997 season but it was the Luxemboug Gp (nurburgring) and yes it was a collision but of all people to take him out, it was ralf who took Michael out into the first corner, well chicane back in those days. Well done. Pretty good attempt there.

Alright here's another. How did Michael Schumacher retire from the 97 British gp? You should know this lol.

Ohh how DID ralf retire in the 99 European race?

You were right for Ralfie it was a puncture! Can you remember what ended the races of Frentzen, DC & Fisichella who also led that race?

Again my pre-1998 knowledge isn't great...I don't know how Schuey retired from the '97 british gp!

Well I know Frentzen and hill had the same issue with there car but can't remember what. I know coulthard spun off and beached his car and I think fisi did the same or he had contact but iam pretty sure he retired because he stayed on wets or drys can't remember that to well.

Schumi retired from the British gp with wheel bearing failure.

The only way that's gonna happen is if Lewis's car breaks again!

High possibility and will result in Nico taking up the lead again

Yeah maybe but if you ask me, ricciardo has driven better than the pair of them. I think though lewis is unbeatable now unless issues arrise. Credit goes to Jem, he predicted lewis to turn it around and he has.

Credit goes to Jem

Woohoo!

Fingers crossed the reliability issues are a thing of the past, so we can watch the pair of them fight it out in the last 3 races. Although, as we've known all along, it's probably really all going to come down to what happens at Abu Dhabi.

I'm hoping that somehow Lewis opens up a 51-point lead before then, but that's a longshot. I know who I think would be the deserving champ this year though.

Ricciardo will have his time, could even be next year