Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

F1 2014 Video Game

Yeah, just save it mid race if I don't have time to finish it.

I haven't got the patience for that...I do 25%. Even then it takes long enough doing practice, quali & race, by then I'm bored of going round the same circuit 50 times!

Just finished my first season with Ferrari. 11wins,13poles and the title. Switched to Mercedes for the following season and iam at Malaysia now with 1 win and one pole, Rosberg stole pole of me in Australia.

Just finished my first season with Ferrari. 11wins,13poles and the title. Switched to Mercedes for the following season and iam at Malaysia now with 1 win and one pole, Rosberg stole pole of me in Australia.

I'm only 3 races in and have 2 seconds and a win, I'm pretty confident I'll win this WDC although I haven't got it on the hardest setting.

One slight disappointment is that the AI cars are useless at overtaking, they catch me and then it's far too easy to hold them off, I want to fight!

Presumably the AI difficulty changes how fast the AI cars are? After the last quali I thought I should change as it's too easy, but then in the race I only just won.

Have you done any scenario modes yet?

Nah not yet. Iam finding Rosberg is a hell of alot harder in the second season. As iam at Mercedes now (took hamiltons seat lol) it's just me and nico at the front so far. Only just out qualified him in Malaysia by a tenth and we were 1.2secs ahead of third place ricciardo. So it seems the merc pace is there, don't know why the merc is leaps and bounds ahead in the second season compared to the first.

I'll tell you another thing that's really annoying me....if you pit and a rival pits just behind you then he will always come out in front of you because your pit won't release you until they've gone past. This can sometimes mean losing several positions

That's been a constant bug since 2010, it has only happened to me once in 2014 though at Malaysia, but I managed to pass Massa back in the second consecutive hairpin, so not much lost.

It screws me over when I've done well to keep a faster guy behind, only to lose out at the pit stop, after which I can't catch him.

Just did Austria for the first time, the scenery graphics are awesome with the hills, forest etc in the distance

You do know how to play with the fuel mixtures? If your struggling to keep faster guys behind, might be time you invest time in figuring out some setups that will benifit you. They do help massively, with your tyre wear also. As for Austria, it's a very fun circuit if you can nail the setup right. The corners are awesome. Especially the last sector.