Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Mclaren Make An Offer To Alonso

Well apparently Mclaren have made a rediculous offer to Alonso but he has a time frame to accept. Also apparently a Santander rep was seen at Austin talking to Mclaren. Be intresting to see if its true and if so, what is Alonso waiting for? Here's the link.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/506719/McLaren_give_Alonso_deadline_to_accept_88_million_deal/

The arrogance of the guy thinking he can have a 1 year stint and then go to Mercedes, I really wish mclaren would just say "look, you've taken too long, the door is now closed, goodbye". He thinks he can do what he likes. And that isn't my biased opinion, he said himself on camera he can go where he likes due to the "respect I've built in the last 3 or 4 years".

Jenson will bag podiums, wins etc if the car is good enough. He showed that when mclaren did have a good car, and he outscored Lewis so why people (in this case Honda boss) are STILL banging on about Vettel, Alonso & Lewis (the first of which I'd put money on Jenson beating even if Seb did move to mclaren), is beyond me, but it's incredibly frustrating.

In my ideal world all teams would say Fernando, you've made your bed now you can lie in it, get lost. You're not bigger than the sport.

Honda need a big name , very much like Merc needed shumi to convince the board to keep signing the cheques.

Financially, Alonso has lucked out here. But his career is really over now. This is simply about amassing a pension pot.

I do feel a little sorry for Jens, he's been a gentleman and now he's being treated like crap. I sincerly hope that Mclaren go bust, seeing as all there new sponsorship funds are going into Alonso's salary.

I said months ago that Ron and Alonso deserve each other. But it's more like they need each other, seeing as nobody else is willing to work with either of them!

Next year I expect all the Merc teams to beat them, plus RBR and prob Ferrari.

He thinks he is dangling the F1 world on a string but I think it might turn badly for him. I no longer care what happens. I wish he would either make a reasonable commitment or be quiet about his many options. Effectively, he has one practical option.

That's it. I can't see what he expects the outcome to be. He has no more bargaining chips. See I think the problem is everyone will uses WEC as there safety mat if they don't get what they want, but even those "good" seats are limited and filling fast.

Well it sounds like its fastly becoming the "it" of Motorsport isn't it? Maybe webber made the move at the right time.

The deal is done! They are just pretending to lure attention to the situation!

Advertising!

To take some glory from Vettel-Ferrari situation, and Mercedes winning both titles

And more Alonso hating. The media knows how to toy with the weaker-minded, alright.

You guys are something... something hilarious.

Meanwhile, Vettel, as everyone else, pending on Alonso. Bizarre how reality trumps delusion every time.

How is this alonso hating? I thought everyone would like to know. You sound quite intelligent, so it boggles my mind how you can't figure that out.

I'm not trying to hate on Alonso, I'm frustrated that the F1 world is waiting for him to make his decision, he said himself he can go where he likes, which does come across a little arrogant even though I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. It seems like he's holding mclaren (and their drivers' careers) on strings and part of me wishes the end result would be him having no options at all.

Honda need a 'big name', now I may be a JB fan but in the world of motorsport is Jenson Button not already a big marketable name??

Having this opinion does not make us "weaker winded" my friend! You don't know the facts any better than we do, so we speculate.

I'm not trying to hate on Alonso, I'm frustrated that the F1 world is waiting for him to make his decision, he said himself he can go where he likes, which does come across a little arrogant even though I'm sure it wasn't meant to be. It seems like he's holding mclaren (and their drivers' careers) on strings and part of me wishes the end result would be him having no options at all.

Honda need a 'big name', now I may be a JB fan but in the world of motorsport is Jenson Button not already a big marketable name??

Having this opinion does not make us "weaker winded" my friend! You don't know the facts any better than we do, so we speculate.

Agree 100%

Well, Boullier admitted today that they are negotiating directly with Nando. Whether he can untangle himself from Ferrari remains to be seen. They planned to replace JB months ago if you ask me and they should have made that clear to him. Disgraceful.

That's true, but it sounds like he is on his way to join Webber at Porsche in the WEC. He mentioned he doesn't want to stay in f1 unles he had a winning car. So I think he has made his mind already.

That's true, but it sounds like he is on his way to join Webber at Porsche in the WEC. He mentioned he doesn't want to stay in f1 unles he had a winning car. So I think he has made his mind already.

ForceIndia still haven't confirmed Checo and I can't fathom why. It's a possible that Mallya is watching developments. If Alonso gets snared in at Ferrari, what then? Button would probably turn them down now. Has Vettel signed anything or does he just have an offer in his pocket. Dennis has made himself the laughing stock of the paddock.

No one has officially announced nothing. All we know Is Vettel is leaving but where is he going? Same as alonso and button.

Hopefully the wait is almost over, if the rumour is true that mclaren have demanded a response from Alonso between Brazil & Abu Dhabi.

Yeah but alonso has already came out and said he might not say anything till the season is over. Mclaren just want an answer so they can get him in the car at the Abu Dhabi test after the last race.

I think deal is done, and they are waiting AbuDhabi thursday to announce it so that they can have public spotlight on themselves for a while!

Whole world will look at Mercedes that weekend, Mclaren and Ferrari are just trying to steal little bit publicity for themselves!

This is posted elsewhere but is relevant for info purposes here, I thought:

Autopsport broke the story this morning that Alonso is a done deal and the board will meet at Woking on Wednesday to decide who will partner him. If Alonso has a choice it is probably Button. He knows Jens will help take the car forward faster which is what everyone wants. The only issue will be cash. K-Mag is peanuts, Button is @£20m with bonuses. They could buy K-Mag a drive at Manor and help them come back in or at Williams in a third car with the option of a Honda engine for 2016 as the carrot. Better that sitting on his butt as the reserve.

I am at the point where I believe nothing much which I read.

Anyway, my trust in the media is not relevant.

I read that Alonso is going to 'the best place possible.'

He cannot be talking about the medium term future, because he does not have one, does he really believe McLaren Honda is the best apace to be in 2015 and 2016?

Well Ferrari are already expressing concerns about there 2015 car. They think its in a no better position than the 2014 car, weather or not that true is another thing.

Mercedes is best place possible!

Mclaren is next best place , as risk with Mclaren is better than Ferrari from Alonso's point of view!

He knows what will Ferrari have next year so risk with Mclaren is logical choice!

I tend to agree, the likelihood that the 2015 Ferrari will be a championship standard car is low, I believe. The Mclaren, may, just may, be a weapon. I know he is taking a risk, but he has hardly any options and a roll of the dice with McLaren is probably better than one with Ferrari.

I know he covets that third WDC, but if he does not get it, he gets $88M, according to form.

Not really a bad problem to have.