Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Sainz For Mclaren Seat?

If so, why did he report it to the FIA when he found out?

If that had been the case, Mosley would have hunted him down and had him banned from the sport.

to cover his a$$. Much easier to tell a big lie than a small lie. If you tell the lie enough, it starts to become beleivable. Why and how would the staff be able to get away with "stealing" data and Ron not know about it? Think about it, the only reason to "steal" data is to implement there own version onto ther own car or to benifit the team and your saying that wouldn't have been presented infront of Dennis? Course it would have afterall he has the say on what to do with the cars and team affairs right?

My post got chopped. Not that it matters. Andy from Brisbane has lost the plot.

I reckon Ecclestone was not motivated by "jealousy" when he spoke thus of RD nor when he said that RD had lied to his face, over and over, in regards to the spygate.

Besides, once RD could not lie or blame others anymore, McLaren made it official by "letter". It is on the record.

The only person IMO who I think didnt know until he was thrown in the deep end, was lewis Hamilton, his remarks and responses sounded scripted and nervous, like some one told him in advance what to say.

Would you mind keeping your personal comments to yourself? Thanks. By all means disagree with me, but try not to be rude.

I have views on your enormous self belief and your knowledge but I choose to follow forum rules and keep them to myself.

I did not say Ecclestone was jealous of Dennis. It is best to read all of a post before passing opinion on it.

There was no evidence that Ron Dennis did anything wrong, which is why McLaren was fined, rather than the individual. Innocent until proven guilty, right? I realise that you want him to have been guilty, but the fact is nothing was proven, despite enormous efforts by Max Mosley. Coughlan was dismissed, Stepney went to prison.

Having an opinion is fine, but passing that opinion off as fact is not. Citing non existent evidence makes me laugh.

Would you mind keeping your personal comments to yourself? Thanks. By all means disagree with me, but try not to be rude.

I have views on your enormous self belief and your knowledge but I choose to follow forum rules and keep them to myself.

I did not say Ecclestone was jealous of Dennis. It is best to read all of a post before passing opinion on it.

There was no evidence that Ron Dennis did anything wrong, which is why McLaren was fined, rather than the individual. Innocent until proven guilty, right? I realise that you want him to have been guilty, but the fact is nothing was proven, despite enormous efforts by Max Mosley. Coughlan was dismissed, Stepney went to prison.

Having an opinion is fine, but passing that opinion off as fact is not. Citing non existent evidence makes me laugh.

Who's this directed at?

There's no doubting Ron's CV when it comes to mclaren success, and perhaps he'll be the one laughing in a year or 2 if/when mclaren are winning again.

I think to say he developed Hakkinen & Raikkonen is a bit far-fetched, he signed them and they performed so they stayed on, he's not a driver coach. It's like saying Wolff has developed Nico Rosberg. I also disagree that mclaren had a dry spell under whitmarsh, they won a heap of races during that time.

Based on the past I guess you'd have to say he know what it takes to win. And sadly if someone says to him Ron the public are unhappy with our prolonged driver line-up fiasco I honestly dont think he'd care at all

Not you, WebRic, I thought you would spot that immediately, which is why I did not differentiate. I value your opinion, you know that. The person who says I have lost the plot needs to take a long, hard look in the mirror and see if what he sees is the person he would like to be.

I( agree, Jem, that comments about his popularity would not mean one jot. He has been, though, rather astute about picking drivers and I think it is fair to say that he nurtured Lewis Hamilton to success, for example. The same is true of other drivers, but less obviously so.

McLaren were not the same in terms of the car in the Whitmarsh years. I cannot be bothered with the stats, but we all know that is true. It was fast but fragile, mediocre and reliable but never fast and reliable.

So the latest now is that Mclaren have issued a statement saying they won't be announcing their driver line-up until after 1st December.

FFS Eric just put me out of my misery already!

Are they waiting for some miracle Hamilton will sign back? It's like that's who there waiting to see what he does. Other wise, whats the deal?

God knows.

Button/Alonso seems like the obvious choice to me. If the car's half decent the pair of them will rack up every point that the car is capable of, as well as ensuring that they'll probably be the most talked about team over the winter.

I think Button will stay if asked, otherwise he would've already signed up for WEC by now.

Who sayes he hasn't? Sounds like from what webber said, he has a contract just sitting there awaiting his signature.

Who sayes he hasn't? Sounds like from what webber said, he has a contract just sitting there awaiting his signature.

I think the Hulk got the Porsche drive in part. If Macca follow RBRs lead they'll have K-Mag and Sato's youngest son in the car or if they want to win a WCC before the end of the decade then they better partner Button with Nando. It's not about age, it's about having the smarts and wile that comes with 200+ races.