Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

Lewis Hamilton World Champion

What a drive by Lewis and richly deserved. Have to feel for nico but even it trouble didnt hit, I think he wouldn't have beaten lewis who was on top form today. As many know iam not really a Hamilton fan but I felt for him today and he definatly deserved it. Well done Lewis and a breath of fresh air for the sport to dethrown Vettel.

Hope your kidding about Vettel, he got what he deserved, a swift kicking of the anus from a guy who has had no where near the expereince driving that car or working with that team so yeah, he deserved everything he got this year.

Hope your kidding about Vettel, he got what he deserved, a swift kicking of the anus from a guy who has had no where near the expereince driving that car or working with that team so yeah, he deserved everything he got this year.

Vettel was great to watch this season! Not to his fans though! I expect next season for him to be even worse, cause no way that Ferrari will make better car than Red Bull!

If Ferrari car next year was any better than this years, alonso wouldn't have left, simple as that. This year IMO just shows that Vettel was only so dominant because of his car. Ricciardo beat him on pace and skill this season. Even when ricciardo was hampered with Mark Webber like starts, 90% of the time he still beat Vettel, 3 wins to zip sayes alot when your a reigning 4x champion.

What concidering I made the thread. I remember you, your they guy that won't let any negative comments about kimi or Vettel be posted. You've got to learn people are right to there own opinion and yours arnt always correct. Neither are mine but if you took the time to read the posts you will notice I always state it's an opinion.

no really, just your opinion...

no really, just your opinion...

Yeah it is, who else's is it then? What you finally agree? If you were here more often you would realise. Not that bothers me but iam just saying, it's my opinion lol. You kimi and Vettel fans are all the same, it's like we're talking about your mother or something like that, the offence taken is rediculous, funny at the same time but sad also.

Hamilton did well. For me, he would have been the champion even if he had lost the last race and the title with it. He was better than Rosberg this season to such an extent that if Rosberg had won the title on this last race, I would still have thought he did not deserved it. Hamilton got it and deserved it. Rosberg didn't and didn't.

There is more to say but no point in saying it.

I disagree to some point, yeah lewis deserves the title but there was points in the season where Rosberg looked like he was getting the upper hand and I Beleive he drove incredibly well all year. But reliability issues aside, Lewis was more consistant when it came to the crunch. His drive last night was awesome and what an awesome start. The best start I've ever seen from Hammy I think and what a time to do it. I really felt for him, you could feel the emotion of how much weight and tension has been on his shoulders since his maiden title in 2008. Iam not really a Hammy fan, but he deserved it, but IMO driver of the year had to be Ricciardo.

I hear you.

But consistency was Rosberg's true strength against Hamilton and the fact is that Rosberg lost that edge. He was suckered (as was Mercedes, afaik) but it still amounts to the same thing. Rosberg felt short.

Moreover, lack of consistency was Hamilton's true weakness and it showed early on. Yet, he overcame his traditional irregularity and ended up a solid performer. Hamilton was the complete package for the 1st time ever.

Hamilton's start, though, is another topic for another day.

Anyway.

Ricciardo did very, very well this season. I know you are a fan of his. Congrats, my friend. He's the future.

You hit the nail on the head about lewis and nico, I thought exactly the same.Lewis was as consistant as Rosberg earlier on but stormed home towards then end of the season and yes turned into a rock solid driver and Abu Dhabi prooved it.

Yeah it is, who else's is it then? What you finally agree? If you were here more often you would realise. Not that bothers me but iam just saying, it's my opinion lol. You kimi and Vettel fans are all the same, it's like we're talking about your mother or something like that, the offence taken is rediculous, funny at the same time but sad also.

Wow, u take opinion's to a whole new level. Isn't there a forum rule that prohibits us to say things as insulting about drivers like that?

If Ferrari car next year was any better than this years, alonso wouldn't have left, simple as that. This year IMO just shows that Vettel was only so dominant because of his car. Ricciardo beat him on pace and skill this season. Even when ricciardo was hampered with Mark Webber like starts, 90% of the time he still beat Vettel, 3 wins to zip sayes alot when your a reigning 4x champion.

Ricciardo is new Alonso! :-)

I hear you.

But consistency was Rosberg's true strength against Hamilton and the fact is that Rosberg lost that edge. He was suckered (as was Mercedes, afaik) but it still amounts to the same thing. Rosberg felt short.

Moreover, lack of consistency was Hamilton's true weakness and it showed early on. Yet, he overcame his traditional irregularity and ended up a solid performer. Hamilton was the complete package for the 1st time ever.

Hamilton's start, though, is another topic for another day.

Anyway.

Ricciardo did very, very well this season. I know you are a fan of his. Congrats, my friend. He's the future.

What are you talking about, Hamilton was the one early on during the season breaking down???

Wow, u take opinion's to a whole new level. Isn't there a forum rule that prohibits us to say things as insulting about drivers like that?

if that's the case, whats the point having this forum? If you can't place you dislikes or likes about other drivers. Don't get offended because I don't like Vettel or Raikkonen, I just can't understand you creep out the shadows to make a remark about me being a Vettel hater. Iam and so what, your hurt over one season that Vettel got beaten, how you think I feel about webber and all those a seasons? You know what I find funny? You can remember I hate Vettel but can't remember before this season started that I said and quite clearly mind you, that if Vettel chokes like he did, ill jump on him. Let me guess Brad, he still isn't used to the car like kimi hey? You've had a bad year, both the drivers you support got burned by there teammates and quit convincingly. Wasn't the qualy record between alonso 16-3 in alonso's favour? I think it was, ouch.

What are you talking about, Hamilton was the one early on during the season breaking down???

didnt he win like four races on the trot besides his retirements?

Ricciardo is new Alonso! :-)

Well he definatly not the new kimi that's for sure. Too bloody fast for that.

Great shame for Nico with the unreliability, but the consolation is it wouldn't have made much difference to the overall outcome, other than a rather flattering final points difference between the two.

It's funny all the talk was about Lewis's car failing, then in the race Nico's goes and breaks. I have to say though Nico was immensely gracious and professional after the race, he immediately came to find Lewis to congratulate him, then in his post-race interview with BBC he was mature, calm and completely admitted that Lewis was the 'best driver on the grid' all year and he was grateful to be part of it.

So now that's done and dusted, we wait for Mclaren. Interestingly I watched an interview with Ron during free practice in which he said come Monday there may be more options depending what happens on the Sunday....was he talking about Lewis I wonder? Well if he was, presumably it'd be if Lewis didn't win the title then he'd jump ship, but that didn't happen, so now we hope that sense wins the day and Jenson stays.

P.S. we've all been quick to bash Massa this season, and Vergne, but both were outstanding yesterday. Loved Vergne holding off Ricciardo!

if that's the case, whats the point having this forum? If you can't place you dislikes or likes about other drivers. Don't get offended because I don't like Vettel or Raikkonen, I just can't understand you creep out the shadows to make a remark about me being a Vettel hater. Iam and so what, your hurt over one season that Vettel got beaten, how you think I feel about webber and all those a seasons? You know what I find funny? You can remember I hate Vettel but can't remember before this season started that I said and quite clearly mind you, that if Vettel chokes like he did, ill jump on him. Let me guess Brad, he still isn't used to the car like kimi hey? You've had a bad year, both the drivers you support got burned by there teammates and quit convincingly. Wasn't the qualy record between alonso 16-3 in alonso's favour? I think it was, ouch.

tongue.png It's so easy to rile you guys

Hammy has been simply magnificent all season. It was widely agreed that Merc would have preferred Nico to be their poster-boy. Next year Hammy will be even stronger. He is simply too fast !. Sure, he has sulks, and is not always the smartest kid on the block. But he can drive a car faster than anyone else alive. WDC 2015.............easy!

well done to Hammy, he did deserve the title, but I still can't stand the guy. Vettel proved this year that when the technology gets too complicated he struggles with it, IMO, whereas Ricci was able to over come all the new stuff and prosper.

Nico will be back next year don't worry, but I think personally that Merc will not have the advantage they have this year, even though the power difference will be there I feel sure that the other teams will overcome that with aero..